Soulvation @ Lea Hall, Saturday June 13

Just tried to post an essay about this and lost the lot of the last minute.

Will try again in the morning but for the moment just a quick word to say thank you to everyone who attended despite the rival attractions of Cleethorpes and the Weekender weather.

Great turnout and musically/atmosphere wise one of the best Soulvation nights @ Lea Hall this year.

• Replies 11
  • Views 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Will try again in the morning but for the moment just a quick word to say thank you to everyone who attended despite the rival attractions of Cleethorpes and the Weekender weather.

Great turnout and musically/atmosphere wise one of the best Soulvation nights @ Lea Hall this year.

hey neil!! still over the moon at the facelift!! the club looks brilliant

and there's more to come!! well on to the night and good to see

another healthy crowd as we move onwards & upwards!! it was

yet another step forward music wise!! with something to keep

everyone happy!! along with as many requests as we could manage!!

great and very diverse sets from our "middleton" guests!! i do hope

peeps enjoyed the night!!

max..

Well the changes to the club are dramatic plush carpets, new toilets, double glazing and a fresh new coat of paint etc etc I really thought I was in the wrong venue. What didn't change was the quality music played by all the DJs, love this place and a big bonus its just down the road from me and with great beer prices fast service and nice friendly people Soulvation with its new look is certainly heading to a bright new future.

Gaz Lees

It was nice to see Harpo there carrying on his birthday celebrations - he is one of the people who have made the Soul scene what it is (how good were these days at The Cavendish Suite Paul?) and Sandi was enjoying herself too..make sure you keep playing those Soulful (that's records full of Soul) house records.

Special thanks to Andy McCabe and Ged Parker for bringing Middleton To Rugeley ...lots of people coming through the doors were asking when the Middleton DJ's were on, so it added nice flavour to the event.

Thanks also to the Soulvation DJ's - Max,Nige,John,Alan and Pat - for playing some genuine "Across The Board Soul Music".

I went up to Nige at one point and before I could say anything he took the words right out of my mouth "What a great night, this is brilliant tonight!"

It's been a bit of a haul changing things around and I am sorry that some of the locals have turned their back on the night because they want to hear non stop oldies, but things really came together on Saturday and we are getting people now from all over the Midlands and further afield.

The new look venue is mindblowing - so onwards and upwards.

And for those people who do just want classic oldies - Soulvation moves to Great Wyrley FC for a one-off on Saturday July 11 for our 4th Catacombs DJ reunion - Temple Street memories all the way.

Neil

Totally agree with you Neil,it was certainly one of the best nights this year,we really enjoyed it,all the DJ's did the buisness and the room looks fantastic. Won't be at the next one though cos we will be sunning it up in Cyprus.But already looking forward to August!!

JB & Mart xxx

Yes! I think we are finally turning the corner @ Lea hall !

Neil very kindly invited me to join the DJ team there just before Christmas last year and its seems its taken six months for people to get the message of what the idea is all about at this Soul Night

Neil MUST be applauded to stickng to the original plan of a GENUINE accross the board night playin avery thing you might hear at a Quality Alliter of Today!!

Weve had some Top Nights during the last six months BUT last Saturday Night in my opinion was the Bizzo!!

Dont know what it was but everything seemed to be right,, and the Music was spot on!!

Our two guests read the venue correctly and played classics thru big niter tunes that you would hear at any of the Soultown Venues that Andy promotes.

I really hope that Lea Hall continues to gain in popularity with travells as the room is now so bloody brilliant , it really is a dancers delite¬¬

I wont be back there till the Autumn due to other commitments but i cant wait to get back behind the decks there later in the year!!

Here s my few from 10-15 thu 11-00pm

COMMANDS - HEY ITS LOVE -- DYNAMIC Demo

GARLAND GREEN -- AINT THAT LOVE ENOUGH-- REVUE Demo

UNIQUE BLEND -- YES IM IN LOVE -- EASTBOUND Demo

VANGAURDS -- GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES -- LAMP

RHONDA DAVIS -- CAN YOU REMEMBER --- DUKE Demo

EDWIN STARR -- I JUST WANTED TO CRY -- TAMLA MOTOWN German 45

INSPIRATIONS --- YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND -- MIDAS

BELLES -- WORDS CANT EXPLAIN -- MIRWOOD

EMANUEL LASKY -- IM A PEACE LOVIN MAN-- THELMA Demo request

THE LOST SOUL --A SECRET OF MINE-- RAVEN

BOBBY VALENTIN --- USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -- FANIA request

WILL COLLINS -- ANYTHING I CAN DO -- DERBY Italian 45

LINDA JONES -- I JUST CANT LIVE MY LIFE-- WARNER BROS.

JACK MONTGOMERY-- BABY BABY TAKE A CHANCE ON ME -- REVUE

LITTLE TOMMY --- BABY CANT YOU SEE --- SOUND OF SOUL

BAD WEATHER INC. --- I KNEVER KNEW --- BAD WEATHER

OTIS SMITH --- LET HER GO --- PERCEPTION Demo

Thats all folks !!

Love and Soul

Torchboy x

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Have to agree with everything thats been said TOP TOP night

Keep at it Niel & the gang

Only remember the floor being empty once ( Mr Brown)(hehe)

The Git

Agree with all posts so will not be boring and repeat what's already been said about Neil's music policy. Having across the board music is obviously working and keeps us all on our toes when it comes to choosing what to play. It's a lot easier for me as I'm on first at 8pm and there's not many people to upset then !

Here are just a few of the tracks from my half hour spot ( only some as I can't remember what I played and have lost my list )

'Bout Love Clydie King

Baby I Love You Howard Tate

Brand New Girl Walter Scott

I wouldn't Give You Up Roni Hill

If Your Mother Only Knew Miracles

Way over there Miracles

Candy Astors

I make no apologies for playing 2 Miracles tracks as in my opinion Mr Robinson has one of the finest voices in the world.

We gave away flyers on Saturday advertising the appearance of Steve Calloway at Soulvation@Lea Hall on Friday July 19.

This was booked on basis that we had his only appearance in the West Midlands.

On the night I saw flyers at Lea Hall advertising Steve at another West Midlands gig.

The Friday July 19 night has therefore been cancelled.

To say I am pissed off is an understatement.

Yes! I think we are finally turning the corner @ Lea hall !

Neil very kindly invited me to join the DJ team there just before Christmas last year and its seems its taken six months for people to get the message of what the idea is all about at this Soul Night

Neil MUST be applauded to stickng to the original plan of a GENUINE accross the board night playin avery thing you might hear at a Quality Alliter of Today!!

Weve had some Top Nights during the last six months BUT last Saturday Night in my opinion was the Bizzo!!

Dont know what it was but everything seemed to be right,, and the Music was spot on!!

Our two guests read the venue correctly and played classics thru big niter tunes that you would hear at any of the Soultown Venues that Andy promotes.

I really hope that Lea Hall continues to gain in popularity with travells as the room is now so bloody brilliant , it really is a dancers delite¬¬

I wont be back there till the Autumn due to other commitments but i cant wait to get back behind the decks there later in the year!!

Here s my few from 10-15 thu 11-00pm

COMMANDS - HEY ITS LOVE -- DYNAMIC Demo

GARLAND GREEN -- AINT THAT LOVE ENOUGH-- REVUE Demo

UNIQUE BLEND -- YES IM IN LOVE -- EASTBOUND Demo

VANGAURDS -- GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES -- LAMP

RHONDA DAVIS -- CAN YOU REMEMBER --- DUKE Demo

EDWIN STARR -- I JUST WANTED TO CRY -- TAMLA MOTOWN German 45

INSPIRATIONS --- YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND -- MIDAS

BELLES -- WORDS CANT EXPLAIN -- MIRWOOD

EMANUEL LASKY -- IM A PEACE LOVIN MAN-- THELMA Demo request

THE LOST SOUL --A SECRET OF MINE-- RAVEN

BOBBY VALENTIN --- USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -- FANIA request

WILL COLLINS -- ANYTHING I CAN DO -- DERBY Italian 45

LINDA JONES -- I JUST CANT LIVE MY LIFE-- WARNER BROS.

JACK MONTGOMERY-- BABY BABY TAKE A CHANCE ON ME -- REVUE

LITTLE TOMMY --- BABY CANT YOU SEE --- SOUND OF SOUL

BAD WEATHER INC. --- I KNEVER KNEW --- BAD WEATHER

OTIS SMITH --- LET HER GO --- PERCEPTION Demo

Thats all folks !!

Love and Soul

Torchboy x

Now then Torchboy, this is fast becoming one of our favourite nights, well worth the travelling, great paylist mate.

Chris & Sharon

Source Advert