Awesome Summer Sale Starts @ Rugby Nighter

Re-posting this thread as per the forum rules, so anybody coming to Rugby on Saturday and missed the first thread might get to see this one!

Would also like to add my sincere thanks to everybody that has been in touch by PM/email/phone, it's been quite emotional for me reading peoples best wishes etc.....THANK YOU everyone and I will get around to replying to all the messages I've received.

Not strictly a sales thread this one but more of an advance notice! I've made the decision for various reasons to stop taking an active role in the soul scene and sell my records. Which number roughly 20,000+ 45s ph34r.gif .

But of particular interest to people on here will be the contents of my 'DJ Collection'. Some serious records in amongst them, some of which you rarely see for sale. Lots of in demand 45s and lots of obscure/lesser known bits as well. I'm not going to do a list on here but I will be at the Rugby Allnighter on Saturday with a large sales box......Rugby is going to be my last nighter so anything thats not sold on the night will be getting listed on my website (which will be fully operational again in a couple of weeks) over the next few months.

As I said I'm not going to list them all here, not got the time right now but check out my play lists from Move On event lookbacks etc and you'll get an idea of whats on offer, quick taster: Hector Rivera Romance on Barry, Carl Holmes, Clarence Reid on Wand, Clyde Allen, Dorothy Berry, Dickey & Gloria and loads loads more!

So if you're coming to Rugby.....bring some cash!

Adam.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Re-posting this thread as per the forum rules, so anybody coming to Rugby on Saturday and missed the first thread might get to see this one!

Would also like to add my sincere thanks to everybody that has been in touch by PM/email/phone, it's been quite emotional for me reading peoples best wishes etc.....THANK YOU everyone and I will get around to replying to all the messages I've received.

Not strictly a sales thread this one but more of an advance notice! I've made the decision for various reasons to stop taking an active role in the soul scene and sell my records. Which number roughly 20,000+ 45s ph34r.gif .

But of particular interest to people on here will be the contents of my 'DJ Collection'. Some serious records in amongst them, some of which you rarely see for sale. Lots of in demand 45s and lots of obscure/lesser known bits as well. I'm not going to do a list on here but I will be at the Rugby Allnighter on Saturday with a large sales box......Rugby is going to be my last nighter so anything thats not sold on the night will be getting listed on my website (which will be fully operational again in a couple of weeks) over the next few months.

As I said I'm not going to list them all here, not got the time right now but check out my play lists from Move On event lookbacks etc and you'll get an idea of whats on offer, quick taster: Hector Rivera Romance on Barry, Carl Holmes, Clarence Reid on Wand, Clyde Allen, Dorothy Berry, Dickey & Gloria and loads loads more!

Adam.

hi adam, i have no real wish to know why your jacking it in suffice to say it is your decision made for your own good reasons , thats enough for me, you have been great and true company every time i have seen you out, and never heard a bad word about you............you will be missed mate, as for records , cant make rugby, boy are you gonna be popular!!!!!!!!!!!!.........but i will deffo be lookin to buy from you as soon as i know what u have left..........hope i catch u soon bud if i dont i wish you all the best in whatever you do........very best wishes ezzie

Social source share

hi adam, i have no real wish to know why your jacking it in suffice to say it is your decision made for your own good reasons , thats enough for me, you have been great and true company every time i have seen you out, and never heard a bad word about you............you will be missed mate, as for records , cant make rugby, boy are you gonna be popular!!!!!!!!!!!!.........but i will deffo be lookin to buy from you as soon as i know what u have left..........hope i catch u soon bud if i dont i wish you all the best in whatever you do........very best wishes ezzie

Ezzie mate, really don't know what to say.....but your comment means a lot to me, thank you. Made a lot of very good friends at nighters and soul nights yourself included (and the rabble that you normally travel with!). The one thing I'm going to miss is seeing all those people and the hours spent talking garbage with them on a regular basis. But, for me it's time to move on though it's quite likely I will still make the occasional night out and I hope to see you at some point in the future thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Adam

Shocked and stunned to say the least

I know it must have been a very very difficult decision and I really respect you for understanding your priorities and acting on them

It wont be the same without you to talk bollocks with and picking out records that you are sure I will like

If you do get to a nite out let me know and I will come and buy you a pint mate

Does that also mean that Soul Supermarket is coming to and end?

All the best mate and hope to see you again at some time in the future

Cheers

Steve

One word of warning, I packed in in 1994 but it only lasted 6 years, so you will be back

Social source share

Hi Adam,

whatever your reasons they must be serious to do what you plan to do. Hope everything works out for you and you don't stay away too long, as Ezzie says you will be missed, particularly at Lifeline s we've now got two sales tables to fill whistling:D:tongue:

All the best for the future.

Cheers Chalky.....if anyone wants those sales tables at Lifeline then for the bargain price of ooh £35k they can take all 20k or so of my records and become a fixture in the record bar :laugh:

Adam

Shocked and stunned to say the least

I know it must have been a very very difficult decision and I really respect you for understanding your priorities and acting on them

It wont be the same without you to talk bollocks with and picking out records that you are sure I will like

If you do get to a nite out let me know and I will come and buy you a pint mate

Does that also mean that Soul Supermarket is coming to and end?

All the best mate and hope to see you again at some time in the future

Cheers

Steve

One word of warning, I packed in in 1994 but it only lasted 6 years, so you will be back

Thanks Steve, the one smal iinvolvment that I will be maintaining is helping Matt run the Move On! soul nights in Coventry until the end of the year so get yourself along to one and I'll have a pint of lemonade please thumbsup.gif

Soul Supermarket is not coming to an end! The website has been broken and inactive for several months now but I have finally got it fixed, next week I start the job of scanning labels and recording soundfiles and getting the site running again. I've got a huge number of records to list on there and the site will be more interesting than ever.....and with a lot of top top 45s for sale on it. All being well it will be open to the public again within 10-14 days.

All the best mate,

Adam.

Social source share

Adam

will miss you mate, your one of the best!!!

Keep in touch!

dave

Cheers Dave,

I will keep in touch mate....got to sell all these records to someone whistling.gifbiggrin.gif

Adam.

Social source share

Adam.

Hi Adam very sad to hear you are moving away slightly from the soul scene, i was very lucky to be introduced to you a few years ago by Sam and Andy and have bought a few bits and bats off you (all in great cond may i add)but the most important thing about you mate is you always have time to give a bit of advice even if it is not involved in a sale and i can honsestly say the two records i sold to you you gave me a very fair price not like some dealers i could mention.What ever you discide to do bud i wish you all the best and glad the soul supermarket will be up and running look after yourself mate and all the best Yocky(Barnsley)
Social source share

Hi Adam very sad to hear you are moving away slightly from the soul scene, i was very lucky to be introduced to you a few years ago by Sam and Andy and have bought a few bits and bats off you (all in great cond may i add)but the most important thing about you mate is you always have time to give a bit of advice even if it is not involved in a sale and i can honsestly say the two records i sold to you you gave me a very fair price not like some dealers i could mention.What ever you discide to do bud i wish you all the best and glad the soul supermarket will be up and running look after yourself mate and all the best Yocky(Barnsley)

Cheers Yocky,

Always been a pleasure chatting or buying/selling with you. Appreciate your kind words mate thumbsup.gif

Well.....having a mad last minute dig through boxes and pulling out 45s to take with me tonight, all being well see some of you there around 9ish :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!