Need Fred Cole De-Lite Recordings For Fred Cole

boba

I'm trying to make a CD for Freddy Cole, the artist who recorded on Tru-Glo-Town, De-Lite, etc. He is Nat King Cole's brother. I have two of the delite 45s, #533 and #515. There are two more de-lite singles, #506 and #508. Can anyone supply me with either of the 4 sides I'm missing (e.g. delite #506 and #508) that I can send to Freddy? please email me at bobabrahamian@gmail.com. Thank you.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm trying to make a CD for Freddy Cole, the artist who recorded on Tru-Glo-Town, De-Lite, etc. He is Nat King Cole's brother. I have two of the delite 45s, #533 and #515. There are two more de-lite singles, #506 and #508. Can anyone supply me with either of the 4 sides I'm missing (e.g. delite #506 and #508) that I can send to Freddy? please email me at bobabrahamian@gmail.com. Thank you.

Hi Bob,

I sold 508 on ebay a while back, was very pleasantly surprised at the price it sold for, around $150!! I recorded sound clips to go on the ebay auction but sadly not full length ones. I have a 2min15sec or so mp3 which is approx a minute of each side. Happy to mail this to you if it would be of any use?

I do have another of his De-lite 45s somewhere, can't remember which # though. Will try and find it later for you.

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

Bob ,is this the freddy cole who recorded "you wont be easy to forget " on Dahlia ?

maybe, I don't know the record. he was a jazz-type vocalist. if you have a recordings of that you could send me too that would be cool, i could send that to him too.

Social source share

Hi Bob,

I sold 508 on ebay a while back, was very pleasantly surprised at the price it sold for, around $150!! I recorded sound clips to go on the ebay auction but sadly not full length ones. I have a 2min15sec or so mp3 which is approx a minute of each side. Happy to mail this to you if it would be of any use?

I do have another of his De-lite 45s somewhere, can't remember which # though. Will try and find it later for you.

Cheers,

Adam.

yeah, I saw that, craig moorer had also sold that number, I assumed you sold it after craig did. i don't want to send him a partial clip but let me know if you find one that is not the one i have. thanks.

Social source share

maybe, I don't know the record. he was a jazz-type vocalist. if you have a recordings of that you could send me too that would be cool, i could send that to him too.

i just saw the sales thread you are talking about, i think he may have mentioned that title too. it would be nice if someone would record both sides of that to send to him

Social source share

I thought youd retired adamwhistling

I have, but only in the real going out every weekend world! I'll still be on here to annoy you Salmon :laugh: . (someone mentioned you are after a GSlim 45...PM me if you are).

Sorry Bob, found the other De-lite 45 I mentioned but it's 515 which you have already.

Social source share

I have, but only in the real going out every weekend world! I'll still be on here to annoy you Salmon laugh.gif . (someone mentioned you are after a GSlim 45...PM me if you are).

Sorry Bob, found the other De-lite 45 I mentioned but it's 515 which you have already.

thanks. Soulsalmon, if you have that mp3, please send it in the next couple of days as i'm waiting to mail that cd to freddy. thanks a lot.

Social source share

I think I may have met Freddie in the 70's when he recorded for U.K. Decca! Is it the same Freddy? I always presumed it was, so you may want to check this.......

https://cgi.ebay.com/DECCA-FFSS--SKL5321-FREDDY-COLE-%22Right-From-Heart%22-UK-_W0QQitemZ250430157840QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090524?IMSfp=TL090524148007r1606

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!