Most Emotionally Charged Soul Record

We Interveiwed Brenda On Right Track Show last year,she said it wasn't her.

Depends what day of the week you ask her - she told Mark Bicknell it was - then promtly told us it wasn't (dippy as ever) - I note Barry White's (and indeed Gene Page's) involvement which would suggest it may well have been as they worked together a great deal in later years.

Dave

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

• 8 years later...
Guest Spain pete

Brothers guiding light , getting together .(  that's the one for me ) 👌🎶🎶

On 20/06/2009 at 11:53, Brett F said:

THIS TOPIC COULD RUN FOR YEARS. Just a few from me.

Social source share

In addition to the above, I love Johnny Gilliam (but it used to make me too miserable to listen to when I owned it - sold it and promptly bought another) - for me 'The Man In the Street' by William Bell really does it too (arguably my all-time favourite record - I have two 'just in case'), as does The Valentine's 'Breakaway' which to me totally sums up what Northern Soul was/is to me (in fact I got to know one of my close friends sat in the café after Coventry allnighter - coz he was impressed that I was sat writing out the whole song in my wants list from memory - for something to do whilst still fly Air Riker).

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

Guest Spain pete
49 minutes ago, the yank said:

Superb Deep Soul from the 70's 

latt.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of that one.  TUNE ! 👏👍👌🎶🎶🎶

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

new soul music? Hands down it is "Forget Me Not" by Myles Sanko, about the heartbreaking impact of Alzheimers/dementia on a relationship

All time would still be Time Will Pass You By - even nowadays it gives me goosebumps

Social source share

On 1/30/2018 at 00:12, geeselad said:

Two from me both obvious, but hard to fault, if you think you know what soul and haven't had the pleasure of these two, then I evy you

https://youtu.be/eQPUTMU4Lho

...that original version of “Dark End Of...” was a superb choice,Geese....but for me,this version is tops....72AB2595-7DF8-47DC-9A27-7FFDB49DF60D.thumb.jpeg.de4728b772e05ca5d8718343553891b0.jpeg

...legend has it that RCA advised Elvis to use Roy’s voice as a benchmark...it worked out well for Elvis.....  :yes:  .....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!