Quantum Of Soul Oxcroft Club Stanfree 19Th June 2009

Good first night. Thanks to everyone who came. Hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks also to Andy (ronjon) Barker, Neil (soulAdequate) Page, Chris (chris53) Cooper and last but not least- The Vault of Soul Sheffield`s very own Errol Green for the top sounds that passed over the decks. Also that guy who did the last hour huh.gif

Great friendly club with a good atmosphere, laid back attitude and a decent dancefloor in a rural area-quite literally a breath of fresh air! This place has enormous potential.

Next date: Saturday 18th July.

What did you think of the night?

• Replies 10
  • Views 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Soul Shelley

Hi Stuart

Top night! Brilliant music, it was nice to hear some underplayed stuff. Danced all night (didn't help my broken toe, supposed to be resting it!) laugh.gif

Nice to see you and Catherine again, the atmosphere was great, definitely see you next month!

Has Catherine sobered up? thumbup.gif Must've been nice for you both not to have to travelled far

Jenny

Good first night. Thanks to everyone who came. Hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks also to Andy (ronjon) Barker, Neil (soulAdequate) Page, Chris (chris53) Cooper and last but not least- The Vault of Soul Sheffield`s very own Errol Green for the top sounds that passed over the decks. Also that guy who did the last hour huh.gif

Great friendly club with a good atmosphere, laid back attitude and a decent dancefloor in a rural area-quite literally a breath of fresh air! This place has enormous potential.

Have to agree Stuart "enormous potential". Very good room and dancefloor and I really enjoyed spinning some tunes and meeting Errol.

Thanks for asking me

Andy

Hi Stuart

Top night! Brilliant music, it was nice to hear some underplayed stuff. Danced all night (didn't help my broken toe, supposed to be resting it!) :ohmy:

Nice to see you and Catherine again, the atmosphere was great, definitely see you next month!

Has Catherine sobered up? thumbup.gif Must've been nice for you both not to have to travelled far

Jenny

Jenny-You love the sounds that much we`ll bet you could even dance with two broken legs . :P ..BTW Yes-Cath had a great time last night.

And it must`ve been nice for YOU not to have travelled far last night. :yes: Please give our regards to Shane--(We wonder what he`d have thought of last night)-hope he gets well soon.

Thanks again for coming. Glad you enjoyed it.

Oh yes, this is what I spun (not quite sure of the exact order), following on from Andy who finished his spot in grand style with The Spinners "It's A Shame" on VIP:

Darrell Banks - Our Love Is In The Pocket (UK Stateside) (staying in the Motor City :ohmy: )

RPM Generation - Rona's Theme (Romar demo)

Soul Twins - Quick Change Artist (Karen)

Metros - Since I Found My Baby (Australian RCA demo)

Etta James - Seven Day Fool (Argo - rarer black label)

Brenda Holloway - Starting The Hurt All over Again (UK Tamla Motown demo)

Gene Chandler - There Was A Time (Brunswick demo)

Bunny Sigler - Follow Your Heart (French Stateside)

Bobby Paris - Personally (UK Polydor)

Patti Austin - Take Away The Pain Stain (Coral issue)

Rose Valentine - I Gotta Know Right Now (RCA demo)

Mary Saxton - Take My Heart (Canadian Quality)

Fi-Dels - Try A Little Harder (Keymen)

Nolan Chance - Just Like The Weather (Constellation)

Chuck Jackson - What Am I Gonna Do Without You Baby (UK Tamla Motown demo)

Thelma Houston - Baby Mine (Capitol demo)

Jimmy Mack - My World Is On Fire (Palmer demo) (but of course :P )

Rosco Robinson - That's Enough (Gerri) (requested)

Robert Knight - Love On A Mountain Top (UK Monument)

Morris Chestnut - Too Darn Soulful (Amy demo)

Dee Dee Warwick - Worth Every Tear I Cry (UK Mercury)

Poppies - There's A Pain In My Heart (Epic demo)

Lou Johnson - Unsatisfied (UK London)

Invitations - What's Wrong With Me Baby (Dynovoice demo)

Enormous potential indeed - great first night and looking good, already looking forward to the next one!

Agreed-Last night absolutely flew. Thanks for coming and spinning some Neil! I spun the last one over the decks at approx 1.30 am and there were still people asking for "just one more". Some more good news is that the club committee apparently loved it and invited us to consider starting earlier and finishing later (if we want) so the potential of this venue is indeed enormous.

Oh yes, this is what I spun (not quite sure of the exact order), following on from Andy who finished his spot in grand style with The Spinners "It's A Shame" on VIP:

Darrell Banks - Our Love Is In The Pocket (UK Stateside) (staying in the Motor City :P )

RPM Generation - Rona's Theme (Romar demo)

Soul Twins - Quick Change Artist (Karen)

Metros - Since I Found My Baby (Australian RCA demo)

Etta James - Seven Day Fool (Argo - rarer black label)

Brenda Holloway - Starting The Hurt All over Again (UK Tamla Motown demo)

Gene Chandler - There Was A Time (Brunswick demo)

Bunny Sigler - Follow Your Heart (French Stateside)

Bobby Paris - Personally (UK Polydor)

Patti Austin - Take Away The Pain Stain (Coral issue)

Rose Valentine - I Gotta Know Right Now (RCA demo)

Mary Saxton - Take My Heart (Canadian Quality)

Fi-Dels - Try A Little Harder (Keymen)

Nolan Chance - Just Like The Weather (Constellation)

Chuck Jackson - What Am I Gonna Do Without You Baby (UK Tamla Motown demo)

Thelma Houston - Baby Mine (Capitol demo)

Jimmy Mack - My World Is On Fire (Palmer demo) (but of course :yes: )

Rosco Robinson - That's Enough (Gerri) (requested)

Robert Knight - Love On A Mountain Top (UK Monument)

Morris Chestnut - Too Darn Soulful (Amy demo)

Dee Dee Warwick - Worth Every Tear I Cry (UK Mercury)

Poppies - There's A Pain In My Heart (Epic demo)

Lou Johnson - Unsatisfied (UK London)

Invitations - What's Wrong With Me Baby (Dynovoice demo)

"but of course." :ohmy:

Edited by The Big Lebowski

Hi Stu

yep really enjoyed it and nice to get back in the groove with a few tunes. I did the first hour so was able to spin a few of my own choice. Nice to have landlords who are into it and up for it, rle on next month.

Chris

Edited by bridget

Hi Stu

yep really enjoyed it and nice to get back in the groove with a few tunes. I did the first hour so was able to spin a few of my own choice. Nice to have landlords who are into it and up for it, rle on next month.

Chris

Yep-the landlords are big fans and really up for it. We`ve had a lot of good feedback from the club management since. As I said earlier as it`s the first night I knocked off at 1.30am but next month who knows? Maybe we can make something of this venue. See you next Friday at Staveley brother.

P.S. Just received a text yesterday-the morning after-from the special guest dj of the night ERROL GREEN which reads

"Cheers bro. Top venue! Good knowledgeable crowd. I enjoyed it!!!! C ya soon."

Top man.

Edited by The Big Lebowski