" Quality Quality Quality " The City Peterborough Guest Djs "the Attic Lads"

hi all, another night of;

QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY @ "The City" Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambs PE1 1JL

also celebrating Rays 21st burger, sorry birthday!!

Friday 3rd July 8 - 1am

£3.00 otd

Special Guest Djs;

"The Attic Lads" Mansfield

Res Djs;

Russ Holley & Ray"top button"Mahoney

playing a selection of QUALITY ONLY 60s 70s & upwards Classics, RnB, Forgotten Underplayed Gems, Motown

looking forward to another cracking night at "The City" with friends old and new, as allways a warm and friendly welcome

russ

Edited by russoul1
  • Replies 54
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest smudgesmith

hi all, another night of;

QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY @ "The City" Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambs PE1 1JL

also celebrating Rays 21st burger, sorry birthday!!

Friday 3rd July 8 - 1am

£3.00 otd

Special Guest Djs;

"The Attic Lads" Mansfield

Res Djs;

Russ Holley & Ray"top button"Mahoney

playing a selection of QUALITY ONLY 60s 70s & upwards Classics, RnB, Forgotten Underplayed Gems, Motown

looking forward to another cracking night at "The City" with friends old and new, as allways a warm and friendly welcome

russ

Russ you have spelled always incorrectly :thumbup:Best tell Steve to stock up with Beer then,with the Attic beer monsters coming,and tell the buggers they can get food past 8.29 pm

Hiya Kev

Haven't been to The City since Christmas, took some prezzies and enjoyed the music mate, but now you are on I guess we should try and get a crew together to come and support you.

Jonathan

Looking forward to meeting up again in the Fens.It'll be a busy weekend for the boys,but well worth it,Can't wait to play some tunes...Kev.

Russ and I pleased as punch that Dean, Steve and yourself are coming down to Peterborough to play us a few tunes that have helped you guys reach a magical 3rd Anniversary on the following night. Yep, its gonna be a great weekend with a couple of cars comming up to the 'Attic' the following night ..... more on this on your thread!!

If you are reading this and havent been before follow this link to get a feel of what we are doing at this great venue (includes play lists and photos etc..)

Cheers, Ray

Edited by Raym
Guest smudgesmith

Smudge, trust you to lower the tone of the thread - tut, tut!! :ohmy:

Just hope 'Pumpkinseed' is too busy down the A47 to lower things any further! :laugh:

Are you coming along on the Friday then?

Its a strong pissabolity

Will play records for cake!

Better make sure we all bring a decent box, don't want that stale rubbish that's all icing.

Started looking through this afternoon picking out a few that I hope will suit. Genuinley looking forward to playing. See you all in a good mood next friday.

Guest DJ's for the night from the 'Attic' club, Mansfield confirmed as:

Steve L

Dean

Kev H

on the decks from about 9.30pm one after the other with young Russ tucked in either between Steve L and Dean or between Dean and Kev H :chinstroke: not sure which yet?

Ray

Guest BigPaul

And i have a 2ft dick whistling.gif

Fook Smudge, I always knew Someone,somewhere was a bigga Dick,than ithumbup.gif

Edited by BigPaul

Gonna try really hard to get across for this , bad week workwise but should work out ok:yes:

Steve

Its Top Soul 2nd ANNIVERSARY VERY SPECIAL GUEST ................

TOP UK SOUL D.J. TERRY JONES (TOGETHERNESS, VILLAGE SOUL ,ETC .ETC )

+BARRY COOPER & STEVE JAY ............

SPALDING SERVICES & SOCIAL CLUB ,PE 11 1TX

FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST

Gonna try really hard to get across for this , bad week workwise but should work out ok:yes:

Steve

Its Top Soul 2nd ANNIVERSARY VERY SPECIAL GUEST ................

TOP UK SOUL D.J. TERRY JONES (TOGETHERNESS, VILLAGE SOUL ,ETC .ETC )

+BARRY COOPER & STEVE JAY ............

SPALDING SERVICES & SOCIAL CLUB ,PE 11 1TX

FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST

allways a pleasure to see you, Steve"Top Man"Jay

Good to hear from you Big Paul - I hear (read) that you might have over done it in the sun! biggrin.gif

Steve Jay also posting - good to hear from you Steve. It will be a pleasure to see you both on Friday yes.gif

post-7608-12464013768544_thumb.jpg

Expect some more 'Madness' on the dance floor again laugh.gif

Edited by Raym

See you all there guy's.........................so dig out some more 70's please!!! :yes:

cheers,

John Mc.

Hi John, good to hear from you. More 70's - you mean we haven't played enough Quality 60's to get you converted yet! :tongue:

Look forward to seeing Dot and yourself on Friday.

Edited by Raym

Hi John, good to hear from you. More 70's - you mean we haven't played enough Quality 60's to get you converted yet! tongue.gif

Look forward to seeing Dot and yourself on Friday.

70's?huh.gif ...i have got one that was made on NYE 1969,does that count?biggrin.gif .Looking forward to this - oxygen tanks at the ready.With this heat and some banging 60's (and 70'sbiggrin.gif ),you'll need a breather.

Guest gibber

gonna be a food weekend, cake on friday at THE CITY followed by the kebab shop run,

then £3.99 grub at the ATTIC mansfield followed by mini fish n chips on the way home saturday

yum yum yum

oh yer some top tunes tooo

russ

Hey Russ

Is that your new house In your aviator mate?:smile:

Hey Russ

Is that your new house In your aviator mate?:smile:

Andy, good to hear from you too! Yes, thats Russ's new place - see the Postman Pat style van on the drive. I have the 'The City' as mine. So anybody not been before then this is the building (behind Barclays Bank) to look out for.

See you Friday then Andy, cheers. Ray

....working on it :wicked:

QoFxx

Hi Chrissie, just like your Avatar - come on and dip your big toe!

This is a great chance especially if anyone is well South of Peterborough (which itself is hour 30mins to Mansfield) to see and hear what the guys behind the 'Attic' club are doing at the 'Black Bull Inn'.

Just a quick mention - we have a Posse being rounded up to join the Attic guys the following night for their 3rd Anniversary - so anyone wishing to join us then contact Russ or myself else see me on Friday night.

Cheers, Ray

Sorting out an interesting box to travel with, looking forward to sharing a few on Friday. All's looking well from here. If you think it's been hot so far wait 'til the weekend. See you early.

Dean, as long as its not a box containing warm cans of lager! :laugh:

We've never had so many posts, PM's, Texts and Email - just realising how popular you 'Attic' guys are! :yes:

Ray

Hi Dean

Hope the box is good as myself, Sue and Barry Cooper expect only the best and although I have only been to The City once I did enjoy the sounds. Kev says he has slightly repacked his box as well mate as I was giving him grief too.

See you there if the floods don't come and drown us all

Soulfully Yours

Jonathan

We've never had so many posts, PM's, Texts and Email - just realising how popular you 'Attic' guys are! :yes:

Ray

Don't presume it's popularity! Could be a range of reasons: People we owe money / drinks / records, not to mention the odd irate boyfriend / husband (that'll be Kev's doing)

All debts settled on Friday

Jonathan - Kev gave me a warning shout about your box expectations, only managed to confuse me even more tho, is it early blues you like?

Hi Dean

Hope the box is good as myself, Sue and Barry Cooper expect only the best and although I have only been to The City once I did enjoy the sounds. Kev says he has slightly repacked his box as well mate as I was giving him grief too.

See you there if the floods don't come and drown us all

Soulfully Yours

Jonathan

Jonathan, Deans box is shit hot - dont worry:huh:

I've got plenty of that - nae worries son!

We aim to please:wink:

Best thing about 1959 is..............................................................last time we won the cup, hope there is a bit more up to date stuff played. see you guys on Friday.

Barry

A1 SOUL - CROSSOVER & MODERN GRANTHAM SQUASH CLUB 25TH JULY

SPECIAL GUEST FISH

Best thing about 1959 is..............................................................last time we won the cup, hope there is a bit more up to date stuff played. see you guys on Friday.

Barry

A1 SOUL - CROSSOVER & MODERN GRANTHAM SQUASH CLUB 25TH JULY

SPECIAL GUEST FISH

Hi Barry, it will be good to see you - seems like ages since last said hello over at ITS Spalding!! I am sure what with John Mc comming down we can play something to please you. :yes: Just watch out with Kev H though he has pulled out some Lionel Richie 45's. :shhh:

Ray

Don't presume it's popularity! Could be a range of reasons: People we owe money / drinks / records, not to mention the odd irate boyfriend / husband (that'll be Kev's doing)

Jonathan - Kev gave me a warning shout about your box expectations, only managed to confuse me even more tho, is it early blues you like?

Edited by Raym

Hmmm funny you should say that Dean - I did have a strange phone call the other day - went something like this.....

Ring, ring, ring......

[Me] Helloooooooo

[Caller] Is that right Kev H is gonna be at 'The City' friday?

[Me] Yes, thats right. We cant wait. Its gonna be a great night what with the other Attic guys coming down as well. We are expecting a good size crowd too .....blah, blah, blah .............. silence.............

[Me] Are you coming down then? ............ silence

[Me] Hello?............silence ...................

[Me] Anybody there? .................beeeep.......... dialing tone.......

[Me] Hello!!?..... HELLO!!?

[Russ] Who the hell was that mate?

[Me] Dunno?

[Russ] Proberbly Big Paul messing about?

While its raining i thought i'd go thru me box for tonite.

1959 r'n'b - check.

Lionel Richie 12"- check. There,thats that done.

One quick phone call now,to get my P'boro City centre ASBO lifted....and we're on our way.Can't wait....oh, and thanks Ray and Russ for inviting usthumbsup.gif

Source Advert