Rugby's Summer Solstice

Well that's another niter under our belt at Rugby and as suspected beforehand, numbers were affected by other venues but boy did we still party...:thumbup:

My feet were still hurting from Cleethorpes but when them tunes come on, the pain just fades away.

There were loads of happy smiling people as they were leaving and that is what makes it all worthwhile.

A nice big break now for the summer and we shall see you all in September...thumbsup.gif

DJ's - playlists please.

• Replies 53
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well that's another niter under our belt at Rugby and as suspected beforehand, numbers were affected by other venues but boy did we still party...:thumbup:

My feet were still hurting from Cleethorpes but when them tunes come on, the pain just fades away.

There were loads of happy smiling people as they were leaving and that is what makes it all worthwhile.

A nice big break now for the summer and we shall see you all in September...thumbsup.gif

DJ's - playlists please.

I had a great time (But then I always do at Rugby), as soon as I get sorted I'll post my playlist for the last 75 mins.

Thanks Sian, Dean, and all the other Rugby family

Well that's another niter under our belt at Rugby and as suspected beforehand, numbers were affected by other venues but boy did we still party...thumbup.gif

DJ's - playlists please.

I could do Mats play list !! :thumbup: ta Sian for boss night i'm back ok see you next weekend for more madness.bestest Ken (frontdoor)

:thumbup:

And thats that.....the last allnighter I'll be doing for a long, long time, possibly my very last. I was hoping to catch up with some friends, sell some records and enjoy myself. 3 out of 3 can't be bad :thumbup: .

Thanks to everyone who took the time to come and have a chat and an even bigger thanks to those who handed over some money for records whilst they chatted shades . Was great to talk bollox to so many friends including some I've not seen for a while and a special mention for Dave Halsall who I don't see very often but always enjoying chatting to, I'm sure he likes me as everytime we do see each other I'm kind enough to take all his money :ohmy::laugh: . Nice to meet Phil for the first time as well, after a year or so of having the occasional chat on the phone great to actually put a face to the voice. Perfect end to the night as around 4am in came Ted Couldstone, Bob Morris and Mr Fingers all people who I have become friends with and have a lot of respect for.

Always knew that this would be more of a social night for me spent in the record room and didn't manage to get into the main room at all!! Did venture into the small room a few times and had a listen to what Beeks was playing in his spots there. Numbers were lower than usual, 1 other nighter, 1 'mini nighter' and several soul nights going on all within a short distance of each other is never going to result in good numbers for any of the venues as the crowd gets split between them all :sad: . Most of all it was disappointing for some of the DJs in the freestyle room as the lower numbers seemed to affect that room most of all. When I did manage to get in there the music was superb, deserved a bigger audience. But overall the place was as it ever is, a buzzing atmosphere, lots of laughs and friendly faces all enjoying themselves. Rugby is on the way to becoming a 'do not miss at any cost' nighter and I hope it continues to go from strength to strength, everyone involved deserves the succes they are getting.

All in all couldn't have asked for a better way to bow out :D

Adam.

Guest Mrs Simsy

As said the numbers were down but that was to be expected. Had a top night though. :)

Music was as ever on top form with Ted Massey, Dave Rimmer & Mick H all doing the business. Massive well done to Ganche who played a blinder (like we all knew she would!) :thumbsup:

Had a bit of a dance in the small room too. Enjoyed Matt Fox's sets & thought Beeks was great, just a shame there weren't a few more people in there to enjoy it. :D

Lovely to see everyone. Looking forward to September! :thumbup:

P.S No pictures from me unfortunately because my camera has gone to camera heaven. :)

Numbers schmumbers! There were enough souls in the place to trigger that unique Rugby vibe..

Great spots from Ganche, Dave Rimmer, Adam, Mick H - special mention to Ted Massey whose second set was nothing short of sublime! I salute you sir.

Great to see everyone, apologies to Ken for eating the last ring Krispy Kreme & see you all in September..

Here we go, this is what I played between 4.45am and 6am. They are even in the right order this time :thumbup:

Johnny K Killens - Frenchy The Tickler - Deep City

Brice Coefield - Ain't That Right - Omen

Clyde Allen - Lil Sister - Movin'

Tommy Dodson - Co-Coperate - Main Sound

Eptones - A Love That's Real - Jox

Thelma Lindsey - Why Weren't You There - Magic City

Charles Lamont & The Extremes - I've Got To Keep Movin' - Challenge

Sparkles - Try Love - Old Town

Chandlers - Your Love Makes Me Lonely - Colsoul

Brooks Brothers - Lookin' For A Woman - Tay

Vondells - Hey Girl You've Changed - Airtown

Ernie Marbray - Ain't Nobody's Business - Wee

Jackie Russell - If You Don't Want Me - Soul Kitchen

Louis Howard - Do As You Please - Charm

Douglas Gibson - Run For Your Life

Hyperions - Why You Wanna Treat Me Like You Do - Chattahoochie

Bettye Lavette - One Thin Dime - Unreleased Scepter

Johnny Robinson - Gone But Not Forgotten - Okeh

Jack Montgomery - Baby Baby Take A Chance On Me - Revue

Ringleaders - Baby What Has Happened To Our Love - M-Pac!

Magnetics - I Have A Girl - Ra-Sel

Bobby Freeman - Swing Me - Unreleased Autumn

Chicago Allstars - Nowhere To Run - Tri-Me

Troy Dodds - Try My Love - El Camino

Bobby Bland - Sweet Lips Of Joy - Duke Lp

Fantastic Four - Can't Stop Looking For My Baby - Ric-Tic

Johnny Mae Mathews - I Have No Choice - Big Hit

Ray Pollard - The Drifter - United Artists

and the last one with the lights on:

Gwenn Douglass - The Picture - Michelle

Guest the major

Thanks to everyone who made my first Rugby a fantastic event; the friendliness was outstanding.

Special mentions to Sian &Dean for the sofa space and the friendly greeting; to Theresa for not insisting I hide in a bush; to all the DJs especially Matt Fox, Dave Rimmer, Ganche and Beeks - blinding sets; and to all the Hens.

Man of the match award goes in equal shares to the Vespa PX providing a trouble free 550KM round trip, and to Preparation H.

Hope to se some of you at Soul for Heroes in Chatham on Saturday - book early I'm leading from the front at 12; and our next Towerfull O' Soul is on July 24th.

Like the Major I really enjoyed my first visit to Rugby - people were saying the numbers were down but I thought the atmosphere was fantastic and the sounds were blinding. What a great venue.

All the best

Manus

Edited by manus

I'm having trouble forming words as I got unfeasibly twatted last night on my birthday - but just wanted to say had an absolute blinder at the friendliest niter in the country.

Was spoilt rotten by everyone, special thanks for the lovely gifts & cards to Angela, Angie, Roz, Julia, Freckles, Lucy & Tom, Del, Sian, Catriona, Toby, Tabs, Gail & Beeks.

My favourite bits were Mick H in both rooms, and Adam and Matt Fox in the freestyle room.

As well as all the usual suspects, it was so lovely to meet lots of new faces - honorable mentions to the fab Irish girls (thanks for the pagan summer solstice ceremony at dawn outside on the grass, saved me a trip to Stonehenge today), the Major, Spirit (Lee), Lydia, Matt & Sven, & Manus. As usual we were last men standing when the lights came on. One day, the Sarf London Massive dance will feature at EVERY allniter...

Classic quotes from last night before I forget them - you know who you are:

My moral compass has gone a bit haywire (WTF?)

You're a good woman Theresa!

Ahh, I'm so glad you chose to stalk me.

There's no skin left on my tambourine!

Why waste time having dinner when you don't know what the sex is like?

Oh, he can beat a batter all right.

Sorry Theresa but someone used my ring doughnuts as coasters and they've disintegrated.

Are we having a group hallucination or is there a woman in the toilets wearing nothing but American Tan tights with knickers over the top?

I won't be anyone's pampered pet!

Best anecdote of the night goes to Catriona for the megaphone story, PMSL.

Roll on September, can't wait. How many sleeps is it?

Theresa x

Top nighter again for me,Rugby does it every time......thanks.

Top spots in no order for me.

Mick H..3 sets all goodies.

Ted Massey..3 Sets again all goodies.

happy birthday goes to Theresa,hope you like ya bubbly babe...you looked like you was enjoying it,the celebrations that is.

Thanks to Mousey for the lift (still into water sports mate.....what do you reckon Melv ?)

Well done to Mrs Margie Rimmer for driving,the reason your car suspension has broke its all them boxes that Dave carts around ha ha.

Nice to see Ken of frontdoor fame gainfully employed again,and thanks to Sian for another top notch Rugby.

For those of you who missed it,well you missed out big time Rugby never fails to please,even with my part time stalker ,you ok Tabs see ya at Lifeline mate.......your round i think ha ha.

Toby.

Got to agree with all that's been said.

Think it was inevitable that numbers would be down with all the other venues on, and also the week after Cleethorpes.

BUT that didn't detract from the music. :thumbup:

Excellent sets all round.

Enjoyed Mick H, Ted and Dave's sets in the main room.

Really impressed with Matt Fox in the Freestyle, great mix of sounds.

Missed Beeks set, sorry mate, but can't be everywhere.

Nice to see all the usual suspects but especially Mother T on her birthday.

I recognized my quote by the way. :D

Special thanks to Adam for the records.

Cheers buddy.

But I'll still be seeing you at Move On for a few months yet.

Mustn't forget Sian and Dean for all the effort they put into this event.

And thanks for the cuppa.

Finally to Toby, stop following me. :laugh:

And I'll see you at Lifeline and I can't believe it's my round again.

Thanks everyone.

Another enjoyable night.

Best

Tabs

Top nighter again for me,Rugby does it every time......thanks.

Top spots in no order for me.

Mick H..3 sets all goodies.

Ted Massey..3 Sets again all goodies.

happy birthday goes to Theresa,hope you like ya bubbly babe...you looked like you was enjoying it,the celebrations that is.

Thanks to Mousey for the lift (still into water sports mate.....what do you reckon Melv ?)

Well done to Mrs Margie Rimmer for driving,the reason your car suspension has broke its all them boxes that Dave carts around ha ha.

Nice to see Ken of frontdoor fame gainfully employed again,and thanks to Sian for another top notch Rugby.

For those of you who missed it,well you missed out big time Rugby never fails to please,even with my part time stalker ,you ok Tabs see ya at Lifeline mate.......your round i think ha ha.

Toby.

Guest Chelseagirl

My first Rugby niter, wonderful way to celebrate the fabulous Theresa's birthday. Moral compasses are the next big thing I'm sure! Thanks to all the regular's and first timers for being such a friendly bunch. Very much enjoyed the sounds in both rooms but special mention to Matt Fox and to Adam for their sets.

What a way to welcome mid-summer!

See you all soon

x

post-13581-12456138392266_thumb.jpg

post-13581-12456138392266_thumb.jpg

Yep agree with all the above...just a bit dissapointed that some who alway support Rugby was not there...after claiming that they would..really miffed that i had to go early ..seems that the real partying started once i left!!!!!...yep Cleethorpes and also the other events that were on close by...had an knock on effect on Rugby...but dont mean that the friendliness that this niter has come to be associated with was any less...well done Sian and Dean for a sterling job...and roll on September...Delxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Beeks

Missed Beeks set

So did everyone else :thumbup::lol:wink.gif

Set lists in no particular order

1st Set

Willie Harper - But I couldn't

Harold Smith - If I ever lose your love

Moss Tolbert - Money In My Pocket

Johnnie Taylor - Dance What You Wanna

Clovers - One More Time

McKinley Mitchell - No Love

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog

Etta James - Breaking Point

Mille Foster - What A Thrill

Arthur Prysock - I Must Be Doing Something Right

The Versatones - Bila

Taurus & Leo - Going Out The World Backwards

Little Franki Lee I Gotta Come Back

The Rayons - You Confuse Me Baby

Walt Jessup - That's Alright

Rosco & Barbara - Could This Be Love

Fats Domino - If You Don't Know What Love Is

Mary Johnson - These Tears

Ray Scott - Looking For You

Freddy King - 100 Years

Second Set

Harold Betters - Tall Girl

Blues Busters - Tell Me Why

Ocie Smith - Everybody But Me

Lavern Baker - You Better Find Yourself Another Fool

Fay Simmons - What's the reason i'm not pleasin you

Rosco Gordon - You've Got My Bait

Pearl Woods - Something Touched Me

The Butanes - Don't Forget I Love You

Junior Walker - Good Rockin

Richard Berry - Have Love Will Travel

Lula Reed & Freddy King - You Can't Hide

Barbara Wells - Pretty Boy

Baby Huey & The Babysitters - Messin With The Kid

Sammy Lee & The Summits - Hey Joe

Chuck Mitchell with Buddy Stewarts Topnotchers - Your Good Loving

Merle Spears - I wanna Know

The Rays - Elevator Operator

Timmy Shaw - A Letter From My Baby

George Allen - Come On Home

John Speaker - I Can't Break the news to myself

Bernie Moore - I Wanna Be Loved To Death

Probably more but I can't think at the mo :thumbsup:

Edited by Beeks

1st Set

Willie Harper - But I couldn't

Harold Smith - If I ever lose your love

Moss Tolbert - Money In My Pocket

Johnnie Taylor - Dance What You Wanna

Clovers - One More Time

McKinley Mitchell - No Love

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog

Etta James - Breaking Point

Mille Foster - What A Thrill

Arthur Prysock - I Must Be Doing Something Right

The Versatones - Bila

Taurus & Leo - Going Out The World Backwards

Little Franki Lee I Gotta Come Back

The Rayons - You Confuse Me Baby

Walt Jessup - That's Alright

Rosco & Barbara - Could This Be Love

Fats Domino - If You Don't Know What Love Is

Mary Johnson - These Tears

Ray Scott - Looking For You

Freddy King - 100 Years

Second Set

Harold Betters - Tall Girl

Blues Busters - Tell Me Why

Ocie Smith - Everybody But Me

Lavern Baker - You Better Find Yourself Another Fool

Fay Simmons - What's the reason i'm not pleasin you

Rosco Gordon - You've Got My Bait

Pearl Woods - Something Touched Me

The Butanes - Don't Forget I Love You

Junior Walker - Good Rockin

Richard Berry - Have Love Will Travel

Lula Reed & Freddy King - You Can't Hide

Barbara Wells - Pretty Boy

Baby Huey & The Babysitters - Messin With The Kid

Sammy Lee & The Summits - Hey Joe

Chuck Mitchell with Buddy Stewarts Topnotchers - Your Good Loving

Merle Spears - I wanna Know

The Rays - Elevator Operator

Timmy Shaw - A Letter From My Baby

George Allen - Come On Home

John Speaker - I Can't Break the news to myself

Bernie Moore - I Wanna Be Loved To Death

Probably more but I can't think at the mo shades

What a buzz I got from that mans voice, sounded soooo good Beeks...:thumbup:

Thanks to Sian for looking after the girls and me at the after party...

My weekends are for meeting old friends and new, having a dance and a few laughs.. All boxes ticked..

Hope Matt Fox got some rest, he was looking a bit worn at the after party..

Good to see the Mighty Manus there with Dave looking after him :thumbsup:

Hope you all got back safe to Ireland and Germany folks..

Keep on doing what you are doing Sian/ Dean, you have something good going there...

xx

Yep agree with all the above...just a bit dissapointed that some who alway support Rugby was not there...after claiming that they would..really miffed that i had to go early ..seems that the real partying started once i left!!!!!...yep Cleethorpes and also the other events that were on close by...had an knock on effect on Rugby...but dont mean that the friendliness that this niter has come to be associated with was any less...well done Sian and Dean for a sterling job...and roll on September...Delxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was one who had intentions of going to Rugby but didn't for the following reasons.

Hayfever knocking me bandy...it seems to suck all my energy.

Skint, post Cleethorpes. Also something happened at Cleggy that's left me not feeling very soulful and I'd rather wait for my soul 'joie de vivre' to return rather than go through the motions.

Lastly and most importantly, I had my daughter at 10am for fathers day and it would be unfair on her if my night time excess's, through tiredness, spoilt our time together. So, despite the kind offer of a lift, I stayed in. It sounds like I missed a great night, but I can live with that.

numbers may have been down, but it was not quiet by any means, not to me anyway, really good buzz, with the DJ,s delivering the stuff, just like to say well done ganche, you were soon well away behind those decks, enjoying yourself, wheres ya play list honey, rugby is always one of the most friendliest venues around, and always up for a rite good laugh, what ever the climate is . heres to many more to come!

Guest Beeks

Happy as a pig in shit?!

Hahaha well I was rather inebriated and that does sound like a classic Beeks quote

You're right to take it the right way...it was my crass expression that you were enjoying yourself whistling:laugh:

Thanks to Sian for looking after the girls and me at the after party...

My weekends are for meeting old friends and new, having a dance and a few laughs.. All boxes ticked..

Hope Matt Fox got some rest, he was looking a bit worn at the after party..

Good to see the Mighty Manus there with Dave looking after him :thumbsup:

Hope you all got back safe to Ireland and Germany folks..

Keep on doing what you are doing Sian/ Dean, you have something good going there...

xx

Hello Steve - great to see yourself and Lydia and in great form. Thought the place had a really good vibe to it really glad I made the effort to get up there - great to meet up with old friends Davie and Janice who dropped me back to the hotel - just as well because I think I 'd still be wandering around the streets of Rugby now.

Really enjoyed the company of Jayne and Craig and chatting to the lovely Theresa. A great night with fine company.

All the best

Manus

I was one who had intentions of going to Rugby but didn't for the following reasons.

Hayfever knocking me bandy...it seems to suck all my energy.

Skint, post Cleethorpes. Also something happened at Cleggy that's left me not feeling very soulful and I'd rather wait for my soul 'joie de vivre' to return rather than go through the motions.

Lastly and most importantly, I had my daughter at 10am for fathers day and it would be unfair on her if my night time excess's, through tiredness, spoilt our time together. So, despite the kind offer of a lift, I stayed in. It sounds like I missed a great night, but I can live with that.

Mark..that remark wasnt aimed at you at all darling...just certain folk who talk the talk..and lately seem to be causing a bit of chaos in order to give themselves a higher profile than they deserve mate...okay...u styill gonna squeeze me tight when we meet up??? :thumbsup: ..take care and hope u enjoyed Father's Day with your lovely daughter babes..xxx

Mark..that remark wasnt aimed at you at all darling...just certain folk who talk the talk..and lately seem to be causing a bit of chaos in order to give themselves a higher profile than they deserve mate...okay...u styill gonna squeeze me tight when we meet up??? :) ..take care and hope u enjoyed Father's Day with your lovely daughter babes..xxx

No probs Del, I appreciate it wasn't aimed at me but I was telling Sian at Cleethorpes that I would be there so feel I want to offer up an explanation and your post prompted me.

Yes, we had a lovely time thanks and of course you'll always get a big hug off me! :lol:

Mark..that remark wasnt aimed at you at all darling...just certain folk who talk the talk..and lately seem to be causing a bit of chaos in order to give themselves a higher profile than they deserve mate...okay...u styill gonna squeeze me tight when we meet up??? :lol: ..take care and hope u enjoyed Father's Day with your lovely daughter babes..xxx

oops...I had an error notice so thought the post hadn't gone through.....

Edited by Maark

No probs Del, I appreciate it wasn't aimed at me but I was telling Sian at Cleethorpes that I would be there so feel I want to offer up an explanation and your post prompted me.

No excuses needed Mark, I'd rather have a room with 20 people in that really want to be there, than a packed venue of people who feel they should be.

We'll make up for it in September, when I'm sure you'll be back on form.

PS...Thanks for looking after me at Cleethorpes...:wink:

Now, after Theresa saying about quotes, I thort I'd share this with you.

Sven, who travelled over with Matt Fox from Gemany was sayin this morning how he only knew about 5 records but thoroughly enjoyed the night.

I asked him which ones, which he listed including one by M Peoples...:unsure:

"Was that the Freestyle Room" I asked?

"No, the Main Room, I think it was Ganche" was his reply.

"M People" says I, as I thought, I missed that one.

"No, Ann Peebles" says he...:laugh:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

Yes, we had a lovely time thanks and of course you'll always get a big hug off me! :lol:

Mark...i will worry when u dont give me one of your special hugsz...Sian has said it all for me as well...and to be perfectly frank..i know exactly wot u mean....butdont let the actions of a few...get u down hun...believe me..if i had let the fcukers get to me years back..i wouldnt be on the scene some 30+ years laters....but there again ..i sstayed on it ...just to piss em of!!!!!!...cya soon sunshine...Delxxxx

Guest freckles

Just want to say that I had a cracking night, on the brighter side less numbers ment more of a dance floor :lol: Danced to the end. A big thankyou to Theresa and JP for the lift. Good to say hello to a Del and Rugbysoulgirl. Hope to see you all in September.

hi y'all,

finally arrived in Germany and not lookin' worn anymore, Stevie :lol:

oh what a crackin' night (incl. amazing djs!!!) and what a great weekend at Rugby! :)

Many thanks to all the people who came over to me to tell me that they enjoyed my sets (and all who mentioned me in this thread)! that really means a lot to me!!!!!!! it was my first booking in the UK and I won't forget it...

and one more time: many thanks to Sian & Dean for their hospitality - it was fantastic!!! :lol:

I met loads of great people like Sian, Dean, The Major, Theresa, Steve, Rugby Soul Girl, Ganche, Beeks, Adam, Phil, Matt Smart a.s.o. and the irish girls!!! wow! totally impressed...and I'll be back fo sho!!!

...oh! before I'll forget to list...these were the choons I played...

Rugby Soul Allnighter Playlist By Matt Fox

Set I // 12am - 1am

1. Lou Johnson - Unsatisfied

2. Shade's Of Jade - Is It Wrong

3. El Anthony - We've Been In Love Too Long

4. Four Sonics - Easier Said Than Done

5. All Night Workers - Honey & Wine

6. Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows

7. Profiles - I Still Love You

8. Millionairs - Never For Me

9. Tommie Hunt - Crackin' Up

10. John Edwards - Ain't That Good Enough

11. Ernie Johnson - Big Man Cry

12. Great Lakes Orchestra feat. Lou Ragland - Didn't I Tell You

13. Veda - What It's All About

14. Dreamflight - Time

15. Moses Smith - Keep On Striving

16. Bottom & Company - Gonna Find A True Love

17. Harvey Averne Band - Wishing & Hoping

18. Frederick Hymes III - Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor

19. Judson Moore - Everybody Push And Pull

20. Ronnie McCain - This Time I'm Gone

Set II // 4am - 5am

1. JJ Barnes - Please Let Me In

2. Preludes - Jiggy Diggy

3. Brothers Of Soul - Come On Back

4. Ray Scott & Scottsmen - Right Now

5. The Hesitations - I'm Not Built This Way

6. Natural Four - I Thought You Were Mine

7. Willie & West - Get Away From Me Girl

8. Choice Of Colour - Your Love

9. Aristocrats - Let's Get Together Now

10. Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy (Did I spin this one? I wanted to ... but I'm not really sure 'bout this...oops)

11. Linda Jones - I Just Can't Live My Life (Without You Babe)

12. Frank Dell - He Broke Your Game Wide Open

13. TSU Toronados - Please Heart Don't Break

14. Sandy's Gang - Hungry

15. Bill Harris - Am I Cold, Am I Hot

16. Bingo - We Can't Get Enough

17. Step By Step - So Very Near You

18. Newcomers - The Whole World Is A Picture Show

19. Willie Tee - First Taste Of Hurt

20. N.A. Allen - Thanks For Nothing

21. Jimmy Radcliffe - Long After Tonight Is All Over

22. Willie Tee - Walking Up A One Way Street (Request)

23. Jackie Wilson - I Don't Want To Lose You

24. Walter Jackson - Uphill Climb To The Bottom (the last choon of the night @ the freestyle room)

see you soon! cheers, m.

Edited by mattfox

Thank you to everyone who talked to us at Rugby and helped make Ciara's hen such a special occassion. I still cannot believe how kind Sian was to us. Thanks to Sian's Dad for letting us hang out in his gaff. I'm still a bit upset about the whole doughnut thing. Arrrgh. Thanks to whoever played Parliaments - This is my rainy day. Made my night. I dont know what else to say - I hope to get back to Rugby again soon.

hi y'all,

finally arrived in Germany and not lookin' worn anymore, Stevie wink.gif

oh what a crackin' night and what a great weekend in Rugby! thumbup.gif

Many thanks to all the people who came over to me to tell me that they enjoyed my sets (and all who mentioned me in this thread)! that really means a lot to me!!!!!!! it was my first booking in the UK and I won't forget it...

and one more time: many thanks to Sian & Dean for their hospitality - it was fantastic!!! thumbsup.gif

I met loads of great people like Sian, Dean, The Major, Theresa, Rugby Soul Girl, Ganche, Beeks, Adam, Phil, Matt Smart a.s.o. and the irish girls!!! wow! totally impressed...and I'll be back fo sho!!!

Ah bless, and did I mention you've got lovely eyes Matt? Lol. I'm allowed to say it cos I'm married, but everyone else thort it too yes.gif

I'm available, Theresa yes.gif lol

Nice to have met you Matt (apologies for the cuckoo clock n Boppard conversation I was a little tipsy by that stage! ;-)) Didnt catch much of either of your sets but I would have danced to the natural four had I heard it thats for sure! Auf Wiedhershen for now.

Gail :-)

Ha ha, as Theresa's husband, I'd like to say you probably have got lovely eyes Matt, but they were hidden from sight by that unruly mop of yours laugh.gif You played top tunes anyway wink.gif

Wendy, don't worry about the doughnut debacle, come and stay with me & T next time at Price Towers, where there's an almost constant supply of Krispy Kremes. We promise not to let any heathens use your glazed crullers as coasters again. Enjoyed dancing with you and the lovely Irish lasses when we were all giving it large.

And don't go giving the wife any more celtic pagan ideas for God's sake. She's obsessed with stone circles as it is. I had to bundle her into the car to stop her going home with you lot!

Sian & Dean, thanks for a great night as always smile.gif

JP

No excuses needed Mark, I'd rather have a room with 20 people in that really want to be there, than a packed venue of people who feel they should be.

We'll make up for it in September, when I'm sure you'll be back on form.

PS...Thanks for looking after me at Cleethorpes...wink.gif

Now, after Theresa saying about quotes, I thort I'd share this with you.

Sven, who travelled over with Matt Fox from Gemany was sayin this morning how he only knew about 5 records but thoroughly enjoyed the night.

I asked him which ones, which he listed including one by M Peoples...unsure.gif

"Was that the Freestyle Room" I asked?

"No, the Main Room, I think it was Ganche" was his reply.

"M People" says I, as I thought, I missed that one.

"No, Ann Peebles" says he... :P

ive put a few pics up too and my playlist?

M-people - the album.... :D

will do it later I promise!! :lol:

Hey!

Just about recovered from the weekend of madness!

Thanks A MILLLLLIIIIOOOOOONNNNN to Sian for looking after us so amazingly and ferrying us around and general loveliness!

we had an amazing time over in Rugby.

I thought the venue was fantastic and great tunes. I know people were saying numbers were down, but that didnt stop us partying

Thanks SOOO MUUUUCCCHHH to Theresa for the lovely party pack and for being so friendly and lovely.

Thanks to Lydia and Steve for coming down for it, was so nice catching up with you guys before our BIG DAYS!

thanks to all my hens for making it over,

we had an amazing time, and will deffo be back

maybe next time, i'll bring the other half ;-)

-Ciara

Guest john-h

dear djs,

what about some more playlists??? g.gif

cheers, m.

hi mattfox heres my play list from last saturdays Rugby nighter,numbers well down but i still enjoyed my spot ,great sound system in small room big thanks to Sian for letting me DJ and a special thanks to all who visited and danced during my spot.

DJ jules Freestyle room 9-00pm - 10-00pm

not in order of play

LOU RAWLS SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE PHILADELPHIA

SPINNERS I JUST WANT TO FALL IN LOVE ATLANTIC

PRECISIONS A PLACE DREW

THE BLOSSOMS THAT'S WHEN THE TEARS START REPRISE

FIVE STAIRSTEPS & CUBIE LITTLE YOUNG LOVER CURTOM

TSU TORNADOES WHAT GOOD AM I ATLANTIC

NINA SIMONE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS VERVE REMIX

ALMA FAYE BROOKS I BELIEVED LP DOIN IT RCA

GLADYS KNIGHT I WILL FIGHT CBS

CONTOURS DON'T LET HER BE YOUR BABY GORDY

THE VOWS TELL ME VIP

PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL ALLSTARS LETS CLEAN UP THE GHETTO PHILADELPHIA

BOBBY WOMACK SO MANY SIDES OF YOU MOTOWN

SLY JOHNSON WE DID IT HI

EDEN KANE A NEW KIND OF LOVIN DECCA

DARROW FLETCHER PAIN GETS A LITTLE DEEPER GROOVY

DEAN PARRISH BRICKS BROKEN BOTTLES & STICKS MUSICOR

BRENDA HOLLOWAY MY WORLD IS CRUMBLING UNISSUED

JOHNNY NASH I'M LEAVING GROOVE

LUTHER DON'T WANNA BE A FOOL COTILLON

Dj jules

I'm available, Theresa yes.gif lol

Hey Matt, you managed to make an impact on my 12 year old daughter.

After you'd gone, she announced that you looked like the lead singer from her favourite band,

Jared Leto - 30 seconds to Mars.

Can you spot the difference?

Jared Leto

post-1225-12459602616215.jpg

Matt Fox

post-1225-12459602922658.jpg

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

Hey Matt, you managed to make an impact on my 12 year old daughter.

After you'd gone, she announced that you looked like the lead singer from her favourite band,

Jared Leto - 30 seconds to Mars.

Can you spot the difference?

Jared Leto

post-1225-12459602616215.jpg

Matt Fox

post-1225-12459602922658.jpg

I was thinking more of a young George Best...

post-8338-12460324972576.jpg