Fan Clubs

Been playing "BLACK ICE - I JUDGE THE FUNK" album and reading the album cover there was a fan club address advertised, this album was produced in 1979 and fan clubs back in the 70's were popular I was wondering if this was still the case:huh: which groups or artists still have thrivings fan clubs or are they a thing of the past:smile:

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MissHongkongfuey

Been playing "BLACK ICE - I JUDGE THE FUNK" album and reading the album cover there was a fan club address advertised, this album was produced in 1979 and fan clubs back in the 70's were popular I was wondering if this was still the case:huh: which groups or artists still have thrivings fan clubs or are they a thing of the past:smile:

There are still fan clubs knocking about but most mainly deal with fans through mailing lists etc now. I am a proud member of the Danny Dyer "he's a geezer" fanclub.:tongue: I also remember being in the TV Professionals fan club and Space 1999. I always believed that my Bodie picture was really signed by him.

I remember a mag called Disco 45 had a list of fan clubs to join

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Unfortunately the Dennis the Menace Fan Club is no more.

Joined my neighbours son into that sometime in the 1970's

I remember him mithering me every day until his induction pack arrived.

You got a Dennis the Menace badge and a "hairy" Gnasher badge.

I really wanted that Gnasher badge - nearly joined up myself just to get one. :thumbup:

MB

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert