Freddie Scott

Dayo

Just noticed that Freddie Scott is still performing. Thats great news, I think he's always had a strong following in the UK. Hey Girl is my wife's big fave slowie.

Question: anyone know his song "I'll be gone" on Shout? Did this ever get any plays? I always thought it was a stormer but I've never heard it at a venue...

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Kolla

Bit of a stomper for Freddie, don't you think. "I'll be gone" was one of the last produced by Shouts' Bert Bern's before he died in 1967.

I've definately heard it out but where I don't know - It's the b-side of "He Will Break Your Heart" which I doubt ever gets played out as most tend to favour Jerry Butler's version.

More info on Freddie Scott:- www.freddiescott.com/

Sound clip of "I'll Be Gone"

Social source share

Dayo,

Definitely check out 'Girl I love you' on Freddies 'I shall be released' LP. Top drawer mid-tempo soul with big kna$%ers!!

RichS

Social source share

Question:  anyone know his song "I'll be gone" on Shout?  Did this ever get any plays?  I always thought it was a stormer but I've never heard it at a venue...

Been played on the Mod scene for years...

Great record and cheap as chips...

Cheers,

Joe.

Social source share

Mr. Heartache. One of the best records of all time. Period. No, correction..... THE best record of all time. That record has been with me through some real ups and downs in life. And it's run extremely close by the incredible Girl I Love You. When The Man clings on to that note.......i could just weep (and frequently I have and ain't scared to admit it). Steve Woomble, News at Ten, Emotion City, Lincolnshire.

Social source share

Chubbychops is right about the plays on the Mod scene.

I've played it at Shake in the past and will do so again now you've reminded me how good it is.

Social source share

I've got the album "are you lonely for me" but never played it for years. Used to play his version of "Open the door to your heart"(hardly a cutting edge discovery!!) in and around Plymouth in the late 70s early 80s. I must get the album out again.

KTF

Social source share

Freddie Scott "Mr Heartache" is now about £75, but beware it has been issued twice. The difference is that the original has the ZTSC matrix stamp on it. The reissue is probably about a tenner. I saw one last week

Dunc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!