Patches - I'm Gonna Make This World A Better Place - Two Different Versions?

Benji

Does anyone know if there are two different versions of The Patches - I'm gonna make this world a better place on Phaxx?

Heard it recently on a podcast and it sounded a bit different to the one I have (Phaxx #2002).

TIA

Benji

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bump.

Anyone?

Well I've got it Benji but never heard of another version/take....

Maybe it did just that.... sounded different.... perhaps because of how/where it was recorded and put in a podcast....

I dunno....

But I'd be interested to hear it alongside the Phaxx issue to see.... link?

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest Mrs M

I have only heard the one version which Dave Molloy has on Phaxx too but the one thing which does intrigue me is does anyone know anything about the artist???

Social source share

Don't think it sounded different because of the way it was recorded. Just checked the iPod, it's on Simon Ms Stafford Modern podcast. It definitely sounds different. Unfortunately my own copy is in the storage room so can 't countercheck but I think my version is a bit heavier on the drums and features a guitar playing along in the background. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Social source share

Hi my copy was from Soul Bowl ,when they had it as a new release Benji late ( 1982 early 83 ). Ive mixdown the podcast at a pretty low Kps so maybe this has made a difference .

Simon

ps. I think Patches had something to do with Lamar Barry

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Hi my copy was from Soul Bowl ,when they had it as a new release Benji late ( 1982 early 83 ). Ive mixdown the podcast at a pretty low Kps so maybe this has made a difference .

Simon

ps. I think Patches had something to do with Lamar Barry

Thanks for the info Simon, must be my deaf ears then ...

Social source share

Patches a 1982 release . The label was owned by Lamar Thomas out of NEW York. He had Patrick Adams as a engineer - they are long time friends in the music scene. Always been a scarce 45 never really played out since a new release. The group never issued any other material , unless someone knows otherwise....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!