• Replies 14
  • Views 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

No it isn't Sean, NOT Australian at all !

no.gif

It's actually South African. I have quite a few things that came out here on Brunswick and/or London on SA Decca, including Bohannon's "South African Man", Al Green's "Tired Of Being Alone" and Donnie Elbert's "Where Did Our Love Go".

"Sweetest Feeling" came out twice in SA, the first time on Coral with "Nothing But Blue Skies" on the flip, per the US Brunswick 45.

Social source share

mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm going by the Intersong Pty Ltd detail

That's the Publishing for Intersong in Australia.

iNTERSONG PTY. LTD., 225 CLARENCE STREET, SYDNEY

What indicates its South African, Tony?

Certainly looks to me its a mid 70's Aussie (or perhaps NZ - as Ken suggests) press of two classic sides.

Do the Bohannon / Al Green etc SA 45's say 'Intersong PTY Ltd' on the label?

:g:

Sean

Social source share

Just checked - It's the same coupling as Brunswick BR 18 (Sweetest Feeling / Higher & Higher) which was released in the UK in May 1975 and was in the charts for 8 weeks reaching number 25.

Follows to me that this was issued on the strength of the UK 'success'.

And I'm definately thinking Antipodean!

Sean

Social source share

Just checked - It's the same coupling as Brunswick BR 18 (Sweetest Feeling / Higher & Higher) which was released in the UK in May 1975 and was in the charts for 8 weeks reaching number 25.

Follows to me that this was issued on the strength of the UK 'success'.

And I'm definately thinking Antipodean!

Sean

Antipodean! what they come with four legs :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm going by the Intersong Pty Ltd detail

That's the Publishing for Intersong in Australia.

iNTERSONG PTY. LTD., 225 CLARENCE STREET, SYDNEY

What indicates its South African, Tony?

Certainly looks to me its a mid 70's Aussie (or perhaps NZ - as Ken suggests) press of two classic sides.

Do the Bohannon / Al Green etc SA 45's say 'Intersong PTY Ltd' on the label?

:chinstroke:

Sean

No, because neither of those is published by Intersong Music in South Africa, or anywhere else. But in any event, all South African Music publishers are also "(Pty) Ltd." I could post more than a hundred different SA pressings up here, all of which are published by a "(Pty) Ltd.

It's South African, because I know it's South African. Simple as that. It's on a design of the label that was only used commercially in SA, and PD is an SA catalogue number prefix. I've never seen an Antipodean pressing of any 45 that looks like this - the fonts are typically SA.

I think I've bought enough SA pressings down the years to immediately recognise what one looks like. And as I bought both of my SA pressings of "Sweetest Feeling" from a dealer in South Africa, I think that's confirmation enough.

You can 'mmmmmmm' as much as you like, Hampsey, but you're not winning this one!:no::laugh:

Social source share

No, because neither of those is published by Intersong Music in South Africa, or anywhere else. But in any event, all South African Music publishers are also "(Pty) Ltd." I could post more than a hundred different SA pressings up here, all of which are published by a "(Pty) Ltd.

It's South African, because I know it's South African. Simple as that. It's on a design of the label that was only used commercially in SA, and PD is an SA catalogue number prefix. I've never seen an Antipodean pressing of any 45 that looks like this - the fonts are typically SA.

I think I've bought enough SA pressings down the years to immediately recognise what one looks like. And as I bought both of my SA pressings of "Sweetest Feeling" from a dealer in South Africa, I think that's confirmation enough.

You can 'mmmmmmm' as much as you like, Hampsey, but you're not winning this one!:no::laugh:

Your suf-africaan dealer might be a ex-pat new zealander who don't like sheep.

Social source share

You can 'mmmmmmm' as much as you like, Hampsey, but you're not winning this one!no.gif:g:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think you've bought a load of Oz Pressings from a dodgy South African mate.

mmmmmmmmm Then again.... Antipodes 'technically' includes South Africa.......... so I'm still right on the second shout! :thumbup:

Do you have the same pressing as this one then Tony?

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert