Bridlington Weekender

class weekend, thought that the sound system in the main room was good too. particurarly enjoyed the rare room as well, really good spins in there

meant to get a bridlington soul weekender badge but forgot, anyone know where i can get one? would like to use paypal preferably. pm me if anyone has any ideas, cheers

• Replies 169
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest the dukester

tha not bad at blowin thi own trumpet gooner

good boy thumbup.gif

Na then Frank........

I only said Guess Who whistling.gif

ANYWAY ITS HARD TO BE HUMBLE WHEN YOUR AS GREAT AS I AM !! innocent.gif

I'LL SITHI AT INVASION I TAKE IT?

Na then Frank........

I only said Guess Who whistling.gif

ANYWAY ITS HARD TO BE HUMBLE WHEN YOUR AS GREAT AS I AM !! innocent.gif

I'LL SITHI AT INVASION I TAKE IT?

thall get frank g.gif lol

will sithee at tinvasion bring us wun o them cds the mek good bird scarers fo mi alloment thumbup.gif

really enjoyed the weekend, thought the sound system in the main rooms was very good. particurarly enjoyed the rare room - top tunes.

meant to pick up a brid wkender soul badge but forgot, does anyone know where i can pick one up? pm me if you have any ideas many thnks, waterfall

yes mate they will be up on www.bridsoul.com next week and you can get them and use paypal

wicksy

really enjoyed the weekend, thought the sound system in the main rooms was very good. particurarly enjoyed the rare room - top tunes.

meant to pick up a brid wkender soul badge but forgot, does anyone know where i can pick one up? pm me if you have any ideas many thnks, waterfall

Congratulations are to be lauded on the organisers of The Bridlington Weekender for success in many areas , but for me , they succeeded in one vital and essential area - that being , despite the size and grandeur of The Spa , they turned it into an intimate venue .

Malc Burton

Guest Mezhouse

and some-one whose name escapes me now, played an awesome version of ' Sunshine of Your Love' the old Cream classic.thumbup.gif

biggrin.gif Guess Who !!

thumbup.gif

All joking apart, who is singing? It was an amazing version and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Jo xx

We were only able to make it for the Saturday night,very impressed with the fantastic venue and matched with the quality of music in the rare/underplayed/crossover room.Loved Mick n Mo's spot,especially the Voltaireswhistling.gif followed by Tats Taylor , John Parker and Tony Hatfield,billiant stuff.We will be back next year,this is not to be missed yes.gif

H & D

Edited by 22ndsoul
Guest Jonah 1959

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the ECSC for a brill weekend,I just cant put it into words how amazing it was.

Keep up the good work,

Jonah,Rachel PJ,Heather and Alex(soul boy)Simms KTF

AFTER THE SUCCESS OF LAST YEARS EVENT, WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEARS OFFERING, FOUR ROOMS OF DANCABLE SOUL MUSIC, PUT ON FOR SOUL MUSIC FAN'S BY SOUL MUSIC FAN'S.

DUE TO OTHER COMMITMENTS COULD ONLY MAKE THE SAT NIGHT,AND BOY DID IT DELIVER!.

SPENT MOST OF THE NIGHT IN THE RARE ROOM,POPPING IN AND OUT OF THE MODERN ROOM AS WELL.

HAD A TIP TOP TIME, NICE TO SEE SO MANY FOLKS WE CALL FRIENDS IN ATTENDANCE,IT MADE THE NIGHT GREAT.

WHEN YOU SEE THE LIKES OF THE WAKEFIELD SOUL CREW, DONNY'S FINEST,THE BARNSLEY CROWD,ANDY & DEBBIE RILEY,SPALDING'S FINEST,ROB KAY,DENMAC & VICKY, I COULD GO ON THE LIST IS LONG, YOU JUST KNOW IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD TIME.

ON A PERSONAL NOTE A BIG THANKS FROM MO & ME 2 EVERYONE WHO WAS IN THE RARE ROOM, NICE TO PLAY A FEW OF OUR CHOONS TO A GREAT CROWD OF FOLKS,AND TO ALL THE COMMENT'S, MEANS ALOT GUY'S :good:

TO THE TEAM BRIDD, ABIG BIG PAT ON THE BACK, TO EACH OF YOU, IT IS WITHOUT DOUBT A FANTASTIC WEEKENDER, AND THE AMOUNT OF CASH YOU'VE RAISED IS BRILLIANT, WELL DONE.

JUST WOULD LIKE TO SAY, A SAT NIGHTER WOULD BE THE CHERRY ON TOP, ANY CHANCE ?

MICK & MO.

Back at Brid again and Sue and I loved it. The whole weekend went like a breeze and I managed to get on the beach for a walk (cos that's what old people are supposed to do isn't it)

The rare room was sublime and Mick and Mo blew me away with the tunes. Tats was his usual mad self and I nearly had to phone the Police to arrest him again. Special shout to Don Kitchen who I had not had the pleasure to listen too and he played a super set.

Thanks to all the hard core "Rare Soul" lovers and anoraks that just made the weekend even better and will look forward to another blast next year. Specail thanks to Norma for being funny and not taking the bet (you wouldn't have won)

Jonathan

Well what a Weekend I had. A big thanks to Mr Wicks & the rest of the team for the invite to spin some tunes

A special mention to Mark Etheridge & Brendon Carol for being on hand to help me through my sets.

Here's my play list, not in order, for anyone who's interested ?

Saturday's Spot - 2 Till 3

Al Gardner - Sweet Baby - Googa Mooga

Experts - My Love Is Real - Tag

Vibrations - End Up Crying - Okeh

Mill Evans - Why Why Why - King

Little Archie - All I Have To Do - Dial

Kent Mead - Funky To Me - Magic Carpet

Charles Spurling - She Cried Just A Minute - King

Perk Lee - The Dock - Boss

Marvellous - You Little Sister - ABC

Johnny Dixon - Where Were You - Boss

Invitations - Watch Out Little Girl - MGM

George Tinley - Ain't Gonna Worry About You - Doo Wopp

Incredible - Miss Treatment - Audio Arts

Willie Hatcher - Head Over Heels - King

Carl Carlton - I Can Feel It - Back Beat

Derek Martin - If You Go - Sue

Larry Williams - You Ask For One Good Reason - Okeh

Tony Daniels - How Lonely - Sport

Butlers - Laugh Laugh Laugh - Phila

Impacts - Jerkin' In Your Seat - Consel

Major Harris - Loving You More - Okeh

Little Oscar - I Tried - Supreme Blues

Wendy Woods - Don't Hurt Me No More - Sincere

Eugene Jefferson - Pretty Girl Dressed In Brown - Open

Gloria Grey - Sweet World - WB

Donald Lee Richardson - You Got Me In The Palm Of Your Hand - Soulville

Danny Wagner - I Lost A True Love - Imperial

Ebonys - Don't Knock Me - Soul Clock.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday's Spot - 1 Till 2

Del Cords - Your Mommy Lied To Your Daddy - Impala

Harry & The Keyavas - If This Is Goodbye - IPG

Four Voices - Summer Kind Of Love - Voice

Melvn Davis - I Must Love You - Groovesville

Caesars - La La I Love You - Laine

Hesitations - Is This The Way To Treat A Girl - GWP

TSU Toronados - Please Heart Don't Break - Rampart Street

Brenda & The Tab's - That's In The Past - Dionn

Magnificent 7 - Never Will I Make My Baby Cry - Dial

Tony Hestor - Watch Your Self - Karate

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Star Treks - Gonna Need Magic - Veep

Skyliners - Everythings Fine - Jubilee

Majors - Down In The Ghetto - Venture

Creations - A Dream - Zodiac

Soul Notes - How Long Will It Last - Way Out

Four Shades - My World - Ronn

Anthony & The Aqua Lads - I Remember - Gold Bee

Jades - Uh Uh What Did I Do Wrong - Athena

Exits - I Don't Want To Hear It - Gemini

Clovers - Try My Lovin' On You - Josie

Monorays - Love - 20th Century

Masters Of Soul - Do You Really Love Me - Ovide

Shirley Wahls - Why Am I Crying - King

Rotations - I Can't Find Her - DeBrossard

Quotations - I Don't Have To Worry - Di Venus

Wilson Pickett - Mr Magic Man - RCA

Cheers

Don

Well what can I add ?

This venue is just perfect ,almost too much choice of music at times neede to be in the Rare room and the modern room at the same time.:chinstroke: still it kept me fit running up and down the stairswhistling .

Some great music played in both these rooms to very appreciative audiences at all times of the day and night. The main room seemed to be very busy everytime I passed through ,a stunning ballroom indeed ,with a vast and always busy floor!

I would like to thank Rob for asking me along to D.J. at this weekender had an absolute ball ,met so many really great people , this weekender is a credit to the promotion team:thumbup:

steve

Its Top Soul 2nd ANNIVERSARY VERY SPECIAL GUEST ................

TOP UK SOUL D.J. TERRY JONES (TOGETHERNESS, VILLAGE SOUL ,ETC .ETC )

+BARRY COOPER & STEVE JAY ............

SPALDING SERVICES & SOCIAL CLUB ,PE 11 1TX

FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST

Edited by sjay

Just got to say a big thanks to the ECSC for adding the RnB/Boogaloo/Hipster Room to the weekender, all our crew really enjoy the Brid weekenders but with the addition of this room it made it even better, some great great tunes played by all the DJ's in there over the weekend. The room has got the makings of being a fantastic addition to what already is Souls East Coast Connection.

Nice thing about it is, because most of the tunes are not heard out that often at soul venues, after cutting a rug to the tune, people come up and are so interested to know what the song was, who sang it etc, and like the guy said earlier get em on a CD to give out, I know I will be running a few off for those who asked.

Heres to next year and the next fantastic installment of TECSA.:thumbup:

Hello Dukster

Sorry I could not remember your name, it was a great set but its been a long weekend. If you do make a cd please can I have a copy. PM me for address and will reimburse you for postage etc

I would just like to add my thanks to R&K for the weekend. The organisation was first rate as was the company. The opportunity to play a set in the Modern Room was much appreciated and I hope I did the event justice.

My playlist as follows

Bob Sinclair - Tribute (Request)

Terry Ronald - What a child needs (Request)

Lisa Shaw - Honey

Jay Player - Love is the answer

Thompson Project - Messin with my mind

Atlantic Starr - Silver Shadow

Lisa Stansfield - 831

Sunburst Band - Everyday

Marquito - Around love

Lenny Williams - Gotta lotta love

Joi Cardwell - Let it go (Request)

Donald Albert - The hardest part

Dreamgirls - Family

Thanks to the modern room dancers for making me feel at home.

yes big thanks to all the organisers and all dj,s

great weekend

good spot Andy and all the dj,s in the modern room you know who you are

next year would like to see the modern room finish on Sunday night think a few more people would stay

nevertheless enjoyed the rare room

well done everybody

Martyn

yes big thanks to all the organisers and all dj,s

great weekend

good spot Andy and all the dj,s in the modern room you know who you are

next year would like to see the modern room finish on Sunday night think a few more people would stay

nevertheless enjoyed the rare room

well done everybody

Martyn

well its already been sorted Martyn , Myself, Rob and Pat have already spoken about this today plans are already off the starting block for 2010 mate:thumbup:

Wicksy

well its already been sorted Martyn , Myself, Rob and Pat have already spoken about this today plans are already off the starting block for 2010 matethumbup.gif

Wicksy

yey! I'd better book an extra night next year then,(to be honest, that was the main reason that we didn't stay for the sunday night too..) thumbup.gif

Jayne.x

Guest the dukester

Hi Rob,Karen,Wicksy,Pat and all involved just 2 words.

Top Weekend

Now put photos in our website below.

Counting down to 2010

Kev & Gloria

Fantastic pics mate, looks even better looking back. :thumbup:

Guest the dukester

Hello Dukster

Sorry I could not remember your name, it was a great set but its been a long weekend. If you do make a cd please can I have a copy. PM me for address and will reimburse you for postage etc

Cheers mate will do, as I said previously, it was fantastic to play some thumping sounds that are not heard out in the mainstream........Dorothy Berry especially :thumbup:

Guest soulmaguk

Jock,

Its 2009, you can now get curtains that fit the window you know !!! laugh.gif

You dont have time to measure up when your at the tip!!

Edited by soulmaguk

Well been home 2 days now and still not got back to normal ( if ever there is a normal!!) I would like to thank Wicksey, Rob, and Pat for inviting me to play, I had a absolute Ball. When you think it can't get no better at Brid, it steps up yet another level. Can't wait for next year.

Lovely to meet up with the lovely soul family that we all share. I am planning my outfits for next year , El Nel is my designer as I am sure you all know by now.

Just don't know how you do for just £20 but it must be the bargin of the year, and to keep to £20 for 2010 is as cheap as chips. Just wondered how I have escaped the photo shoot???????

Well done to all and thank you for a great weekend.

Lovely to catch up with our old friends George and Bobby . Nice sloppy welcome kiss's!!!

Yocky and Jx

Guest Dunc S

Yeah totally agree with everything said about the venue, people & music.

The highlight for me was the R&B / cool grooves room.

A big thanks to all who spun some fantastic sounds, WOW

roll on next year :good:

Dunc

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Looks like the "Doctors & Nurse" theme went down well, Ooooooohhhhhhhh Matron !!!

A great weekend, even more so for the bit of Latin Soul played in the Hipster Lounge on Saturday evening.

Could you keep the Hipster lounge for 2010 in the same place as the size and indeed ambience of the room was

certainly in keeping with the music being played. Also the air conditioning in the bottom corner was a major

boost.

Remember if Carlsberg did week-enders it would certainly be Bridlington.

Thanks again for a great time

Dave

Guest soul4life

as i have said was great to d.j sat nite! in the modern room along side gary,kev,john,john kane,andy,martin & errol just about every genre covered to a packed room who im sure appreciated the quality of soul music on offer!!! i have no doubt this room will become one of the best modern rooms on the weekender circuit! was asked about sum of the tracks i played so heres the playlist.....

21ST CENTURY SOUL & BEYOND

GROOVE FUSION ORCHESTRA "THE DREAM"

ANTOINE "DO YOU REMEMBER"

MARIO "TAKE ME AWAY FROM YOU"

JUDY SANCHEZ "SHOW ME"

LYNN LOKAMY "CRAZY"

DOUBLE DEE "THE MORE I GET THE MORE I WANT"

LENNY FONTANA FEAT BLACK SUN "SPREAD LOVE"

GLADYS KNIGHT "MY IMAGINATION"

ANGIE STONE "WISH I DIDNT MISS YOU" SHELTER MIX

G.T.S "WITHOUT YOU" SPECIAL REQUEST FOR THE LATE "LESLEY SINGLETON"

INCOGNITO "STEP ASIDE"

many thanx! to all the people who took time to let me know how much they enjoyed the music! appreciated....til next time keep it soulful

regards terry gee

Looks like the "Doctors & Nurse" theme went down well, Ooooooohhhhhhhh Matron !!!

A great weekend, even more so for the bit of Latin Soul played in the Hipster Lounge on Saturday evening.

Could you keep the Hipster lounge for 2010 in the same place as the size and indeed ambience of the room was

certainly in keeping with the music being played. Also the air conditioning in the bottom corner was a major

boost.

Remember if Carlsberg did week-enders it would certainly be Bridlington.

Thanks again for a great time

Dave

yes really enjoyed this room and it had a steady stream of people passing through.

2 things sum up the atmosphere of the weekend for me

the lack of chin stroking in the rare room , people out on the floor dancing and enjoying the sounds

secondly seeing djs finish their own sets and then dancing to and enjoying other sets

Dont see enough of that at a lot of places

well its already been sorted Martyn , Myself, Rob and Pat have already spoken about this today plans are already off the starting block for 2010 mate:thumbup:

Wicksy

Good to hear that Rob , actually booked same hotel for next year before we left knowing you might

hard to say this but despite a great weekend still got loads of potential for you guys never heard one complaint neither .

Martyn

what a fantastic weekend well done to everyone involved !!! missed morts farewell last year because of holidays but hey !!! he had another one this year sincerley hopes he has another one next year . top man and he will be missed . loved this venue spent a few hours in the modern room :ohmy: really enjoyed it . trying to remember the temptations remix track during john kanes spot can anyone help me out , also i would love to hear it again if anyone could put it up for me. booking again for next year cheers

Well what a Weekend I had. A big thanks to Mr Wicks & the rest of the team for the invite to spin some tunes

A special mention to Mark Etheridge & Brendon Carol for being on hand to help me through my sets.

Here's my play list, not in order, for anyone who's interested ?

Saturday's Spot - 2 Till 3

Al Gardner - Sweet Baby - Googa Mooga

Experts - My Love Is Real - Tag

Vibrations - End Up Crying - Okeh

Mill Evans - Why Why Why - King

Little Archie - All I Have To Do - Dial

Kent Mead - Funky To Me - Magic Carpet

Charles Spurling - She Cried Just A Minute - King

Perk Lee - The Dock - Boss

Marvellous - You Little Sister - ABC

Johnny Dixon - Where Were You - Boss

Invitations - Watch Out Little Girl - MGM

George Tinley - Ain't Gonna Worry About You - Doo Wopp

Incredible - Miss Treatment - Audio Arts

Willie Hatcher - Head Over Heels - King

Carl Carlton - I Can Feel It - Back Beat

Derek Martin - If You Go - Sue

Larry Williams - You Ask For One Good Reason - Okeh

Tony Daniels - How Lonely - Sport

Butlers - Laugh Laugh Laugh - Phila

Impacts - Jerkin' In Your Seat - Consel

Major Harris - Loving You More - Okeh

Little Oscar - I Tried - Supreme Blues

Wendy Woods - Don't Hurt Me No More - Sincere

Eugene Jefferson - Pretty Girl Dressed In Brown - Open

Gloria Grey - Sweet World - WB

Donald Lee Richardson - You Got Me In The Palm Of Your Hand - Soulville

Danny Wagner - I Lost A True Love - Imperial

Ebonys - Don't Knock Me - Soul Clock.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday's Spot - 1 Till 2

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Cheers

Don

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THE ECSC PROMOTERS FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A FANTASTIC WEEKEND OF SOUL MUSIC. ALTHOUGH MOST OF THE WEEKEND WAS SPENT IN THE RARE/UNDERPLAYED ROOM, VENTURED INTO ALL THE OTHER ROOMS AND IT WAS EVIDENT THAT EVERYBODY WAS HAVING A GOOD TIME. thumbsup.gif FANTASTIC VENUE, FANTASTIC PEOPLE - FIRST TIME AT BRID WEEKENDER BUT WILL DEFINATELY BE BOOKING AGAIN TO GO NEXT YEAR. FANTASTIC AMOUNT OF MONEY RAISED FOR THE BLUEBELL WOOD CHARITY.:thumbup:

SPECIAL SHOUT FOR DON KITCHIN MAKING HIS DEBUT IN THE BRID RARE/UNDERPLAYED ROOM WITH 2 OUTSTANDING SETS ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.:D:good::thumbup: REALLY ENJOYED YOURS AND GERALDINE'S COMPANY OVER THE WEEKEND.:beer::beer:

AV & PETE

Sunday's Spot - 1 Till 2

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Bloody hell Don, I'm glad we couldn't stay for your spot on Sunday cos we wouldn't have been able to walk for a week as we would have been on the floor throughout.

Nice one mate, an hour of quality tunes right up our street, sorry we missed it....... !!!.

See you and Geraldine somewhere soon.

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gif:D

what can i say that has not already been said it all started for us on thursday night over at the southcliff myself put a little night on for the early birds of the weekend thanks to pete taylor for some great music played on the night. We had a great night. Bridlington weekender just entered the prem the mancherster united of the soul weekenders . The brid promoters put 110% into making sure things run to plan and bye god they got it right from its humble begining at the 3bs this as just got bigger and better and next yr will be even better i can assure you and i for one wont miss 2010 for nothing. and what a total amount raised for blue bell 1700 quid and thats down to you lot you all deserve a massive pat on the back . I had the pleasure of doing the auction on the sunday afternoon my second time of doing this at brid and i hope that i get the chance to do it again next yr to make it my hat trick also i had the plesure of double decking with young alex simms later on that day the best young dj on the scean today all you promoter out there book this lad he is the future off the scean today . sunday was doctors and nurses day as well ( who was that angel nurse ) lol what a laugh we had that day and all for a good cause

I just want to thank the two robs and karen and all those involved in this weekend for the great weekend and already looking forward to next yr and it was great to put faces to the names on here as well. thanks to mezhouse (jo) for your company on sunday. But the the highlight of the weekend for me was MICKY2ROOMS OR MICKY2RECORDS little stint dancin his little feet of in the modern room what that all about micky its been said you going over to the dark side sort it brandy sisters lol but truthfuly mick thanks for a great laugh your a star mate. Anyway get your ticket early i got a feeling they gonna go fast hopefully i will have some very soon so when you see me around ask for um STILL ONLY 20 QUID GREAT VALUE FOR A WHOLE WEEKEND

Not much left to add that hasn't already been said, we had a fab time yet again, flitting between the modern and rare rooms.

Top notch music everywhere, highlights for me were Mick n Mo's spot on Saturday night in the rare room(I have a new wants list now) and Tat's spots

in both rooms -stunning,

Nice to catch up with the donny crew on Saturday - you lot better make the weekend next time!

And as Dave's already mentioned - Micky 'two rooms' dipping a toe into the dark side!laugh.gif

Top marks to all involved in promotion/organisation - you've certainly got it right!

Roll on next yeargood.gif

M.

Good to hear that Rob , actually booked same hotel for next year before we left knowing you might

hard to say this but despite a great weekend still got loads of potential for you guys never heard one complaint neither .

Martyn

Yes its does have loads more potential and it will be all used in due course whistling.gifgood.gif

Rob

Guest Impetejones

Well done Bridlington Team.......You have put together a cracking weekender for only £20. I'm only 18 and can surely say this blew me away.

Warm welcomes as we arrived, (Especially from Karen who began with beating my dad then followed by beating me for smoking.), and the weekend just got better from there on in. Didn't stray from the main room all weekend. All the DJ's played absolutely sterling spots, Especially Alex Simms, who insisted on trying to knacker me out at just 12 on the saturday afternoon's first spot. Sunday had to be the day for me though. From quarter to 2 till about quarter to 10, every single DJ had me up dancing to nearly every record......Well done Lads. Some top tuneage played.

Well looking forward to next year. I'm actually counting down the days.

Well Done Team Brid. Absolutely Brilliant!!!

Pete Jones

P.S. A special thank you to "Cupid The Twat" for helping/pushing me. Appreciated it mate.

Well done Bridlington Team.......You have put together a cracking weekender for only £20. I'm only 18 and can surely say this blew me away.

Warm welcomes as we arrived, (Especially from Karen who began with beating my dad then followed by beating me for smoking.), and the weekend just got better from there on in. Didn't stray from the main room all weekend. All the DJ's played absolutely sterling spots, Especially Alex Simms, who insisted on trying to knacker me out at just 12 on the saturday afternoon's first spot. Sunday had to be the day for me though. From quarter to 2 till about quarter to 10, every single DJ had me up dancing to nearly every record......Well done Lads. Some top tuneage played.

Well looking forward to next year. I'm actually counting down the days.

Well Done Team Brid. Absolutely Brilliant!!!

Pete Jones

P.S. A special thank you to "Cupid The Twat" for helping/pushing me. Appreciated it mate.

cheers pete i love you to lol

Guest Mezhouse

Yes its does have loads more potential and it will be all used in due course whistling.gifgood.gif

Rob

As I said before, it was probably the best weekender I've been to (and yes, I have led a sheltered life!)but what about a bucking bronco competition next year yes.gif , and no I'm not joking no.gif .

Polite replies only please biggrin.gif

Mags!!!!!!

hahaha :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Jo xx