Bridlington Weekender

• Replies 169
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I know m'dear, it was fine really, I'm not complaining. I sat down on the balcony for a few minutes and found I was still there 2 hours later. thumbsup.gif

I read the back of Yockie's outfit - hillarious. Brilliant idea.

I trust whilst you weren't so busy, and stood around doin' nowt all weekend, you had time to make a note of what you played on sat night & have some idea of a playlist?... whistling.gif

It's the 70's stuff that I'm curious about...

Jayne.xbiggrin.gif

Ill have a think on them Jayne and let you know

Rob

IT'S NOW THURSDAY, AND I'M JUST ABOUT GETTING OVER THE EXCELLENT WEEKEND I HAD AT BRID.

MY FIRST VISIT AND I HAVE TO SAY IT WON'T BE THE LAST.

THE VENUE, THE MUSIC, (ESPECIALLY IN THE UNDERPLAYED ROOM), FRIENDS, WELL, THE WHOLE PACKAGE REALLY.

WELL DONE TO THE ORGANISERS OF THIS BRILLIANT EVENT.

I'LL CERTAINLY BE BACK NEXT YEAR. :yes:

Guest hurryup

Why Mags who do you want to bronkwhistlingill have a word withem for ya :D is that politeshades

Rob

Ha :laugh: , told you I've led a sheltered life whistling

Guest RICTIC

aup soulies had a good weekend at brid ,going next year ,pity morts retired from the scene awsome deejay, top bloke ktf rictic

just been getting some more pictures off the camera and came across this---there's only one DJ who can sort his stuff out like it !!

I thought I was me imagining it , but your photograph proves Rob is turning into Mr Pastry ........

Malc Burton

post-5097-12465545028901.jpg

post-5097-12465545028901.jpg

aup it seems everybody had a great time at brid,so not to miss out next year we,ve cancelled kingsway,sorted the tickets out and booked into your b @b,so its going to be the full turn out from us all,so ktf soulies,see you there next year,torquay,s on the list to,carl,east mids soul crewthumbup.gif

Guest elnel

Just about recovered now , first can I explain why i was the only bloke dressed as a nurse ,my best mate Yocki told me all the blokes were dressing up as nurses so i got dressed up walked through brid had a drink outside the pub then walked over to the spa to find yocki rolling about on the floor cos once again he,d had me ,wot can i say the mans a geneous i salute him . the weekend was brilliant from start to finnish everything perfect , the worse part for me was the last few hours on sunday night when i was hoping it was never going to end but knowing that it had to ,it was brilliant totaly unforgetable ,roll on next year .El Nel the naughty nurse xxx

Just about recovered now , first can I explain why i was the only bloke dressed as a nurse ,my best mate Yocki told me all the blokes were dressing up as nurses so i got dressed up walked through brid had a drink outside the pub then walked over to the spa to find yocki rolling about on the floor cos once again he,d had me ,wot can i say the mans a geneous i salute him . the weekend was brilliant from start to finnish everything perfect , the worse part for me was the last few hours on sunday night when i was hoping it was never going to end but knowing that it had to ,it was brilliant totaly unforgetable ,roll on next year .El Nel the naughty nurse xxx

Nel my good mate ...... you are a top chap , but please do not do this again .

The photograph of you in your nurses outfit scared me , as I thought it was the sadistic beehatch who used a javelin to take blood samples from me , whilst I was in hospital recovering from heart surgery seven years ago .

Come to think of it , you are better looking , and the tattoos on your arms are spelled correctly :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

BintofSoul sister's had a FANTASTIC time. This was out first Brid weekender and it won't be our last. Excellent venue and excellent music being played all weekend. We loved the Rare/Underplayed room, John Aldern & Tony Hatfield did a fantastic set on Sunday night. Thanks for playing my request John, hopefully see you & Marilyn at 'Stolen Hours' soon. My fave on the Saturday night was the Hipster Lounge, great music & well up for it crowd.

It was lovely to meet up with soulie friends we've met while on our travels to Northern do's ( hello to Kirk, Steve & Gary). It was also lovely to meet new friends, the gorgeous Tina & her fella Fudge. Roll on 2010!!!

Nicki & Tracey

XXXX

Had a really great weekend like everyone else. Nice to have everyone I know there too Bridget, Brian, Helen,Des, Alan, Julie, Baz and Sharon amongst others from Cambridgeshire. Also met people from ages ago Fudge n Tina, The Laws from Norwich, John, The Sherriff and Anne Marie from Dewsbury.Loads of others ...you know who you are!! Really nice to meet you Nicki...hope to make a Sussex Soul Event soon,probably the next one?. And have to say say didn't spend much time in the main hall as the rare, modern and hipster rooms ALL had a great atmosphere going on. The marathon dj's on sunday from York were outstanding (a 3 and a half hr set i believe) and Mick and Mo on sat were just fabulous. The Dukester and r'n'b boys were also top notch. Thanks to all involved. Now wheres that expanded wants list and new kidney I ordered.

Phil

Record of weekend ... equal 1st Tommy Tate ( thanks Mick and mo) with Deena Johnson - Breaking Point (The York Boys) plus many many others.

Guest RICTIC

aup nell when i saw you sunday and you came up to me to say hello ,i cud not stop laughing you looked dead funny ,but it was good ,you should av gone to the brid hospital you would make them all better lolbiggrin.gifinnocent.gif see you soon matey ktf graytumbleweed3.gif

Guest krawen

just been getting some more pictures off the camera and came across this---there's only one DJ who can sort his stuff out like it !!

Hey at least he's started using sleeves now laugh.gif

Guest Soulshar

Just a quick one coz got a dodgy connection (its my age lol).

What can I say that hasnt been said already.

Brilliant venue, awesome music, great atmosphere and loads of people to hug as think most of people I know was there from all over the country and I live nearly 200 miles away!

Already got my ticket for next year and Bridget, Anne Marie and me have already booked our cocktail afternoon again as a little added bonus! (we may even let Brian tag along if hes a gud boy lol)

Thanks to brilliant organization it really was the highlight of my soul year so far (and I get about a bit!!!!!!!)

Thanx to the Cambridge and West Mids mates who made it extra special you know who you are!!

Love and stuff to all there and involved, now just got to book digs that are closer!

Shaz

:thumbsup:

x x x

Guest the dukester

Hello Dukster

Sorry I could not remember your name, it was a great set but its been a long weekend. If you do make a cd please can I have a copy. PM me for address and will reimburse you for postage etc

DONE A CD WI LOADS OF STUFF FROM THE COOL ROOM HAVE PM'D YA MATE thumbup.gif

Just had Night Nurse on the phone regarding tickets for next years weekender.

We shall again be giving our regular sellers tickets in issues of 10 tickets only.We shall re-issue another 10 when they are sold until we reach a "Sold Out" point.

These will be paid for when buying them, sorry NO HOLDING TICKETS VIA Agents this year as this only causes confusion as to the number of tickets remaining. We already have SOLD our first allocation from the Spa-so I'm off up there tomorrow to pick up another 700 from the management !

We want everyone to have a fair crack of the whip at getting tickets and also want the people who have supported us to be able to get tickets for 2010.

Look at the number of hits on this thread, double the amount of people who attended. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your tickets early to avoid disapointment-Price is held for a FOURTH YEAR at just £20 for the whole weekend !

There is a facility where you can put a £5 deposit on tickets via our web site at www.bridsoul.com go there and become a member.

If you came this year please make sure and get your tickets early for 2010.

Box office number for Credit Cards is 01262 678 258

Thanks once again for your wonderful comments and support

R & K

for

ECSCSC

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest BintofSoul

Had a really great weekend like everyone else. Nice to have everyone I know there too Bridget, Brian, Helen,Des, Alan, Julie, Baz and Sharon amongst others from Cambridgeshire. Also met people from ages ago Fudge n Tina, The Laws from Norwich, John, The Sherriff and Anne Marie from Dewsbury.Loads of others ...you know who you are!! Really nice to meet you Nicki...hope to make a Sussex Soul Event soon,probably the next one?. And have to say say didn't spend much time in the main hall as the rare, modern and hipster rooms ALL had a great atmosphere going on. The marathon dj's on sunday from York were outstanding (a 3 and a half hr set i believe) and Mick and Mo on sat were just fabulous. The Dukester and r'n'b boys were also top notch. Thanks to all involved. Now wheres that expanded wants list and new kidney I ordered.

Phil

Record of weekend ... equal 1st Tommy Tate ( thanks Mick and mo) with Deena Johnson - Breaking Point (The York Boys) plus many many others.

Nice one Phil...

See you at Sussex Soul Club in August then. It will be a good onethumbup.gif .

Nicki XX

Edited by BintofSoul
Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Noticed a couple of people walking round with "The Over-50's Soul Club" logo on a polo shirt, never got a chance to find out where they got them. Anybody on here who attended Brid got any ideas where I could acquire one as I'm getting very close to membership of that somewhat exclusive club shhh.gif

I was also impressed with the very well dressed gentleman on Saturday night who started the evening off in the tail coat, two tone shoes, top hat, white gloves and walking cane. Would the DJ have got away with playing "Putting on the Ritz" laugh.gif Mind you it didnt take long for the top hat to be removed !!!

Now this time last week thumbup.gifg.gifrolleyes.gif

Roll on 2010

Dave

Noticed a couple of people walking round with "The Over-50's Soul Club" logo on a polo shirt, never got a chance to find out where they got them. Anybody on here who attended Brid got any ideas where I could acquire one as I'm getting very close to membership of that somewhat exclusive club shhh.gif

I was also impressed with the very well dressed gentleman on Saturday night who started the evening off in the tail coat, two tone shoes, top hat, white gloves and walking cane. Would the DJ have got away with playing "Putting on the Ritz" laugh.gif Mind you it didnt take long for the top hat to be removed !!!

Now this time last week thumbup.gifg.gifrolleyes.gif

Roll on 2010

Dave

I thought I'd imagined him Dave--i did not have my camera with me either--i looked and he was near the right hand side of the stage and then he was gone-did me head in somewhat !

Yes this time last week and I'm still knackered !

Off up to Brid today as well to do the Sea side shuffle !

see you all soon !

By the way there are rumours of a Soul night starting in Swindon !

Rob & Karen

Well done Bridlington Team.......You have put together a cracking weekender for only £20. I'm only 18 and can surely say this blew me away.

Warm welcomes as we arrived, (Especially from Karen who began with beating my dad then followed by beating me for smoking.),

Hi my little darling, glad you enjoyed your beating, but smoking will stunt your growth and ruin your botish good looks-told your dad you look like Rachel and not HIM !!

and the weekend just got better from there on in. Didn't stray from the main room all weekend. All the DJ's played absolutely sterling spots, Especially Alex Simms, who insisted on trying to knacker me out at just 12 on the saturday afternoon's first spot. Sunday had to be the day for me though. From quarter to 2 till about quarter to 10, every single DJ had me up dancing to nearly every record......Well done Lads. Some top tuneage played.

Well looking forward to next year. I'm actually counting down the days.

all joking apart its great to see nice young people like yourself coming along to Bridlington to enjoy this music and event- bring your mates as well and show us old 'uns how to dance ! see you all next year and look after your mum and dad !

Well Done Team Brid. Absolutely Brilliant!!!

Thanks

Karen and Rob

P.S. A special thank you to "Cupid The Twat" for helping/pushing me. Appreciated it mate.

IT'S NOW THURSDAY, AND I'M JUST ABOUT GETTING OVER THE EXCELLENT WEEKEND I HAD AT BRID.

MY FIRST VISIT AND I HAVE TO SAY IT WON'T BE THE LAST.

THE VENUE, THE MUSIC, (ESPECIALLY IN THE UNDERPLAYED ROOM), FRIENDS, WELL, THE WHOLE PACKAGE REALLY.

WELL DONE TO THE ORGANISERS OF THIS BRILLIANT EVENT.

I'LL CERTAINLY BE BACK NEXT YEAR. thumbup.gif

Hi buzzy Bee and all the other Soul-Sources, like wally etc who we talk to on here .It was great to see so many Soul-Sources in attendance at the weekend and good that you all introduced your selves to us ! so we can put faces to names

See you all next year

Rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Add loads of email feedback in excess of 200, ive put a sample up on bidsoul.com all unedited apart from ive removed signature details and left initials https://www.bridsoul.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=71

Ive also got over 300 photos i will put up shortly on bridsoul. ill not put em on SS save Mikes bandwith

award for furthest travelled to Brid goes to a guy from Hong Konggood.gif

atb

wicksy

Just back from Bridlington today and the Management are over the moon with the crowd from last weekend and say to send a big "thank you" to all who attended the event.

News from the raffle and its winners

2 First Class VIP return Rail Tickets to London and tickets for London Riverboat Soul Cruise -( First Hull trains and Mick Farrer (Thank you)

won by Ant Parker from Gedling

2 Bridlington Weekender tickets -2010 (Ecscsc)

won by Ali

2 VIP tickets to see The Flirtations at Middlesbrough Empire-

Russ Harvey -Driffield

Thanks to all that took part --£460 raised for Bluebell Wood

Thanks to all who bought tickets

ECSCSC

The following people will have Bridlington 2010 tickets for sale by Next weekend.

This year there will be no "saving or reserving" tickets with individual sellers, cash upfont first come first served £20 and Bobs yer uncle.

Debbie Cooper Doncaster

Dave Hughes Bradford

Night Nurse Notts / East Kirby

Ian kimmond Todmoredon

Bridget Cambridge

Pete Taylor Annesley

Rob Smith Nottingham Shop

Rob Kay Derby /Willington

Dougie Hall Newark

Sean Mcphail Wakefield

more sellers to be added by our co-promoters

Ticket reservations can be made on line at £5 per ticket via www.bridsoul.com or by Credit card on 01262 678 258 at the Spa Box Office (still no booking fees for Credit cards) If you attended this year PLEASE get your 2010 tickets EARLY !

thanks

Rob & Karen

for

ECSCSC

The following people will have Bridlington 2010 tickets for sale by Next weekend.

This year there will be no "saving or reserving" tickets with individual sellers, cash upfont first come first served £20 and Bobs yer uncle.

Debbie Cooper Doncaster

Dave Hughes Bradford

Ian kimmond Todmoredon

Bridget Cambridge

Pete Taylor Annesley

Dougie Hall Newark

more sellers to be added by our co-promoters

Ticket reservations can be made on line at £5 per ticket via www.bridsoul.com or by Credit card on 01262 678 258 at the Spa Box Office (still no booking fees for Credit cards) If you attended this year PLEASE get your 2010 tickets EARLY !

thanks

Rob & Karen

for

ECSCSC

Once again , congratulations to all concerned for a very successful weekend .

Malc Burton

Guest hurryup

With lots of people re-booking B&Bs are going fast some already booked up

ATB Steve

Got mi bed booked for next year :D:D:D

(muppet x)

what a fantastic weekend well done to everyone involved !!! missed morts farewell last year because of holidays but hey !!! he had another one this year sincerley hopes he has another one next year . top man and he will be missed . loved this venue spent a few hours in the modern room :ohmy: really enjoyed it . trying to remember the temptations remix track during john kanes spot can anyone help me out , also i would love to hear it again if anyone could put it up for me. booking again for next year cheers

"Can't Get Next To You" , brilliant but unreleased and exclusive to John I believe. Have to wait til next year!

Best,

John.

Some people have expressed an interest on the playlist added on page 1 being put on CD

So have done so and copies available if you want and any donation made to bluebell via Rob Wigley will cover my costs and Postage

Send Pm or put up on thread or email

makemvinyl@yahoo.com

Cheers Doug

will update ticket sellers list when Ive spoken to everyone else involved looks like we will have a good spread right across the UK for those who dont like to use the old cards or Pay-Pal. Also contact any of our DJs most will have tickets for sale at some point.

Rob & Karen

Some people have expressed an interest on the playlist added on page 1 being put on CD

So have done so and copies available if you want and any donation made to bluebell via Rob Wigley will cover my costs and Postage

Send Pm or put up on thread or email

makemvinyl@yahoo.com

Cheers Doug

have sent you a pm doug Edited by rednose

Debbie Cooper Doncaster

Dave Hughes Bradford

Ian kimmond Barnoldswick

Bridget Cambridge

Pete Taylor Annesley

Dougie Hall Newark

Shaun Mcphail Wakefield

Terry Gee Darlihgton

Dukesy Scarborugh

John Kane Manchester

Pete Bentinck

Joy & Yocky Barnsley

List updated 2pm Tuesday 7/7 more to come

More to come

A special thanks to Terry Gee for boosting the Bluebell Wood funds today, it really is appreciatedthumbup.gif and not forgetting Dougie hall as well !

R & K

Congratulations are to be lauded on the organisers of The Bridlington Weekender for success in many areas , but for me , they succeeded in one vital and essential area - that being , despite the size and grandeur of The Spa , they turned it into an intimate venue .

Malc Burton

Well, over a week gone and we are still smiling about this great weekend. All the comments above are entirely justified with this one from Malc hitting the nail on the head. To make everyone feel right at home in such a venue is testament to the organisational and personal skills of Rob, Karen, Pat & Wicksey. Well done indeed guys. Last year was good but this was easily the best event for many a year.

We spent most of our time flitting between the rare/underplayed and the modern rooms. Favourites being John Kane & Tats in the modern and John Parker, Tony Hatfield and Mark Etheridge in the rare/underplayed. In fact, John seemed to be playing in every room, often at the same time!

To be asked to DJ at this weekend was an honour and immensely enjoyable. Thanks for all your comments at the event, on this thread and the pms I have received - it is very greatly appreciated. That last Sunday marathon was entirely Tony's idea, we had intended to double up for the last half hour before the room closed but with people streaming into the room and a very busy dance floor there was no way we could have stopped. In the end we were dragged from the decks after around 3.5 hours by the sound engineers who wanted the equipment back. Hard work and emotional but what an experience!

As many have asked for my playlist it is below. Not in the order played I'm afraid and spread over all 3 days (some played more than once due to requests) but here goes:

Scotty Williams - Fear (Mona Lee)

The Matta Baby - Do The Pearl Girl (Penny)

Bessie Banks - I Can't Make It Without You (Verve, UK)

Margie Joseph - One More Chance (Volt)

The Lollipops - Lovin Good Feeling (Impact)

Vince Apollo - I Bear Witnes (Pentagon)

Esther Phillips - Just Say Goodbye (Atlantic)

Jay & The Shufflers - Always Be Mine (Crackerjack)

Carl Carlton - Nothin' No Sweeter Than Love (Golden World)

Jackie Shane - Stand Up Straight And Tall (Ariola, Germany)

Inez Andrews - I'm Free (Song Bird)

The Rosebuds - Say You'll Be Mine (Tower)

The Sisters Three - You Can Forget It (Early Bird)

The Blue Jays - (It Depends On The)Point Of View (Jay)

Marty Thompson - Whirlpool (Sir Ben)

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden (Storm)

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away (MGM)

Maria Tynes - The Queen Is On Her Knees (Uptown)

Jo Ann Garrett - A Whole New Plan (Chess)

Blue Sharks - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You (Gran Prix, Italy)

Deena Johnson - The Breaking Point (Wild Deuce)

Anthony And The Imperials - It's Not The Same (Veep)

The Sapphires - You'll Never Stop Me From Loving You (ABC)

Nolan Chance - Just Like The Weather (Constellation)

Mamie P. Galore - No Right To Cry (Sack)

Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows (Sound Of Soul)

The Impossibles - It's All Right (Roulette)

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog (Volt)

L Allen - Can't We Talk It Over (Green Dolphin)

Syl Johnson - Do You Know What Love Is (Special Agent)

Bessie Banks - Try To Leave Me If You Can (Quality) Played this to surprised but responsive audience early on Sunday - an idea? Not really a whole room but perhaps a "Deep Soul Hour" in some dark room somewhere next year?

Gloria Gaynor - This Love Affair (Ploydor UK)

Jay & Kathy's Clown - The Bottle (S&K)

Final Touch - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love (Epic)

Moody Scott - My Lovely Lady (Straight Ahead)

Ernie Johnson - Big Man Cry (Steph & Lee)

Raj - Something Inside (Oak Tree)

Betty LaVette - You Made A Believer Out Of Me(Epic)

Betty Wright - Man Of Mine (Alston)

Invisible Man's Band - Really Wanna See You (Boardwalk)

Olde English 800 - It Is The Power (Olde English 800)

Jr Walker & All Stars - Gotta Hold On To This Feeling (Soul)

Liberty - Girl You Better Wake Up (BASF)

Jewel Bass - Let Your Love Rain Down On Me (Malaco)

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts (Vanguard, UK)

James Phelps - Don't Be A Cry Baby (Fontana)

Jean Stanback - If I Ever Needed Love (Peacock)

Dee Dee Sharp - Deep Dark Secret (Cameo) (request for Nicky - Kent's only other attendee I believe?)

Bud Harper - Let Me Love You (Peacock)

Rozetta Johnson - Mine Was Real (Clintone)

Jones Girls - If You Don't Love Me No More (Paramount)

The Vanguards - The Thought Of Losing Your Love (Lamp)

Jive (Five) Fyve - If I Had A Chance To Love You (Decca)

Emorise Kelly - The Biggest Fool (Peacock)

Little Esther - If It's News To You (Savoy)

Jackie Shane - Comin'Down (Sue)

Tommy Frontera (You're My) Leading Lady (Hi Lite)

Chubby Checker - You Just Don't Know (Cameo Parkway, UK)

The Inspirations - Touch Me, Hold Me, Kiss Me (Polydor, UK)

Gino Washington - Like My Baby (Mala)

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make (Maxx)

Ben E King - Teeny Weeny Little Bit (Atco)

Sandy Williams - Pushing A Good Thing Too Far (4 Corners of the World)

Marvelous Ray - Whirlpool (Abner)

The Adorables - Baby Come And Get It (Peacock)

Birdie Green - Tremblin' (End)

The Excuses - Trick Bag (Vivace)

The Diplomats - Cards On The Table (Arock)

George Cameron - My Heart Tells Me So (Portrait)

Gentleman June Gardner - It's Gonna Rain (Emarcy)

Soul Joe Clements - Ever, Ever (Plexium, UK)

Jimmie Reed Jr - I Ain't Going Nowhere (Mercury)

Minnie Epperson - Grab Your Clothes (Peacock)

Jimmy James & The Vagabonds - This Heart Of Mine (Piccadilly, UK)

Pookie Hudson - This Gets To Me (Jamie)

Dennis D'ell - Better Use Your Head (CBS, UK)

Marva Lee - Old And Grey (Rugby)

Little Charles & Sidewinders - Talkin' About You, Babe (Decca)

Rose St John & Wonderettes - I Know The Meaning (Veep)

Ronny Shannon - Determination (Ston Roc)

Ketty Lester - West Coast (Tower)

The Girls - The Hurt's Still Here (Memphis)

The Whispers - Needle In A Haystack (Soul Clock)

Margie Joseph - I Can't Move No Mountain (Specialty/Atlantic test press)

The Sapphires - I've Got Mine, You Better Get Yours (Swan)

The Trends - Dance With Me Baby (Smash)

Gracie Dumas - Song Of A Woman (J Gems)

The Del Counts - With Another Guy (Soma)

Charles Mann - It's All Over (ABC)

Dee Dee Warwick - Don't Think My Baby's Coming Back (Tiger)

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Tell Her You're Mine (Maxx)

Marva Josie - Don't (United Artists)

Vicki Anderson - Wide Awake In A Dream (King)

There may be a few others but that's the gist of it.

Finally a shout for our local do, Stolen Hours, Ramsgate, Kent on 25th July full details here: Come on down for more sun, sea & soul!

Best,

John & Marolyn

Guest tony hatfield

Well, over a week gone and we are still smiling about this great weekend. All the comments above are entirely justified with this one from Malc hitting the nail on the head. To make everyone feel right at home in such a venue is testament to the organisational and personal skills of Rob, Karen, Pat & Wicksey. Well done indeed guys. Last year was good but this was easily the best event for many a year.

We spent most of our time flitting between the rare/underplayed and the modern rooms. Favourites being John Kane & Tats in the modern and John Parker, Tony Hatfield and Mark Etheridge in the rare/underplayed. In fact, John seemed to be playing in every room, often at the same time!

To be asked to DJ at this weekend was an honour and immensely enjoyable. Thanks for all your comments at the event, on this thread and the pms I have received - it is very greatly appreciated. That last Sunday marathon was entirely Tony's idea, we had intended to double up for the last half hour before the room closed but with people streaming into the room and a very busy dance floor there was no way we could have stopped. In the end we were dragged from the decks after around 3.5 hours by the sound engineers who wanted the equipment back. Hard work and emotional but what an experience!

As many have asked for my playlist it is below. Not in the order played I'm afraid and spread over all 3 days (some played more than once due to requests) but here goes:

Scotty Williams - Fear (Mona Lee)

The Matta Baby - Do The Pearl Girl (Penny)

Bessie Banks - I Can't Make It Without You (Verve, UK)

Margie Joseph - One More Chance (Volt)

The Lollipops - Lovin Good Feeling (Impact)

Vince Apollo - I Bear Witnes (Pentagon)

Esther Phillips - Just Say Goodbye (Atlantic)

Jay & The Shufflers - Always Be Mine (Crackerjack)

Carl Carlton - Nothin' No Sweeter Than Love (Golden World)

Jackie Shane - Stand Up Straight And Tall (Ariola, Germany)

Inez Andrews - I'm Free (Song Bird)

The Rosebuds - Say You'll Be Mine (Tower)

The Sisters Three - You Can Forget It (Early Bird)

The Blue Jays - (It Depends On The)Point Of View (Jay)

Marty Thompson - Whirlpool (Sir Ben)

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden (Storm)

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away (MGM)

Maria Tynes - The Queen Is On Her Knees (Uptown)

Jo Ann Garrett - A Whole New Plan (Chess)

Blue Sharks - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You (Gran Prix, Italy)

Deena Johnson - The Breaking Point (Wild Deuce)

Anthony And The Imperials - It's Not The Same (Veep)

The Sapphires - You'll Never Stop Me From Loving You (ABC)

Nolan Chance - Just Like The Weather (Constellation)

Mamie P. Galore - No Right To Cry (Sack)

Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows (Sound Of Soul)

The Impossibles - It's All Right (Roulette)

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog (Volt)

L Allen - Can't We Talk It Over (Green Dolphin)

Syl Johnson - Do You Know What Love Is (Special Agent)

Bessie Banks - Try To Leave Me If You Can (Quality) Played this to surprised but responsive audience early on Sunday - an idea? Not really a whole room but perhaps a "Deep Soul Hour" in some dark room somewhere next year?

Gloria Gaynor - This Love Affair (Ploydor UK)

Jay & Kathy's Clown - The Bottle (S&K)

Final Touch - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love (Epic)

Moody Scott - My Lovely Lady (Straight Ahead)

Ernie Johnson - Big Man Cry (Steph & Lee)

Raj - Something Inside (Oak Tree)

Betty LaVette - You Made A Believer Out Of Me(Epic)

Betty Wright - Man Of Mine (Alston)

Invisible Man's Band - Really Wanna See You (Boardwalk)

Olde English 800 - It Is The Power (Olde English 800)

Jr Walker & All Stars - Gotta Hold On To This Feeling (Soul)

Liberty - Girl You Better Wake Up (BASF)

Jewel Bass - Let Your Love Rain Down On Me (Malaco)

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts (Vanguard, UK)

James Phelps - Don't Be A Cry Baby (Fontana)

Jean Stanback - If I Ever Needed Love (Peacock)

Dee Dee Sharp - Deep Dark Secret (Cameo) (request for Nicky - Kent's only other attendee I believe?)

Bud Harper - Let Me Love You (Peacock)

Rozetta Johnson - Mine Was Real (Clintone)

Jones Girls - If You Don't Love Me No More (Paramount)

The Vanguards - The Thought Of Losing Your Love (Lamp)

Jive (Five) Fyve - If I Had A Chance To Love You (Decca)

Emorise Kelly - The Biggest Fool (Peacock)

Little Esther - If It's News To You (Savoy)

Jackie Shane - Comin'Down (Sue)

Tommy Frontera (You're My) Leading Lady (Hi Lite)

Chubby Checker - You Just Don't Know (Cameo Parkway, UK)

The Inspirations - Touch Me, Hold Me, Kiss Me (Polydor, UK)

Gino Washington - Like My Baby (Mala)

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make (Maxx)

Ben E King - Teeny Weeny Little Bit (Atco)

Sandy Williams - Pushing A Good Thing Too Far (4 Corners of the World)

Marvelous Ray - Whirlpool (Abner)

The Adorables - Baby Come And Get It (Peacock)

Birdie Green - Tremblin' (End)

The Excuses - Trick Bag (Vivace)

The Diplomats - Cards On The Table (Arock)

George Cameron - My Heart Tells Me So (Portrait)

Gentleman June Gardner - It's Gonna Rain (Emarcy)

Soul Joe Clements - Ever, Ever (Plexium, UK)

Jimmie Reed Jr - I Ain't Going Nowhere (Mercury)

Minnie Epperson - Grab Your Clothes (Peacock)

Jimmy James & The Vagabonds - This Heart Of Mine (Piccadilly, UK)

Pookie Hudson - This Gets To Me (Jamie)

Dennis D'ell - Better Use Your Head (CBS, UK)

Marva Lee - Old And Grey (Rugby)

Little Charles & Sidewinders - Talkin' About You, Babe (Decca)

Rose St John & Wonderettes - I Know The Meaning (Veep)

Ronny Shannon - Determination (Ston Roc)

Ketty Lester - West Coast (Tower)

The Girls - The Hurt's Still Here (Memphis)

The Whispers - Needle In A Haystack (Soul Clock)

Margie Joseph - I Can't Move No Mountain (Specialty/Atlantic test press)

The Sapphires - I've Got Mine, You Better Get Yours (Swan)

The Trends - Dance With Me Baby (Smash)

Gracie Dumas - Song Of A Woman (J Gems)

The Del Counts - With Another Guy (Soma)

Charles Mann - It's All Over (ABC)

Dee Dee Warwick - Don't Think My Baby's Coming Back (Tiger)

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Tell Her You're Mine (Maxx)

Marva Josie - Don't (United Artists)

Vicki Anderson - Wide Awake In A Dream (King)

There may be a few others but that's the gist of it.

Finally a shout for our local do, Stolen Hours, Ramsgate, Kent on 25th July full details here: Come on down for more sun, sea & soul!

Best,

John & Marolyn

Yeh think youve summed it all up for me mate, a fantastic weekewnd with fantastic company what more could a boy ask for!!! looking forward to the weekend beginning 24th july.

Would do playlist but take years, Shaun do you still want to loan my FREDDIE HOUSTON!!!

Thanks once again to ROB, KAREN, ROB, PAT and of course LYNNE another sterling weekend.

All the best Tony

John & Marolyn

Cheers John and Malc,

The room timings are going to be altered for next year mate because these rooms have gone from strength to strength and the demand is there even late into sunday eveningthumbsup.gif

Rob