Grace Jones - Sorry - Portfolio Album - Island

Was at a very good, but wet !! bbq ,today and my mate played the usual modern soul cd's to get the crowd going ,

One of which was the Sunday Soul Selection by Soul Brother , a cracking album , BUT the Grace Jones track came on and I was gobsmacked , not usually a first for me !

I have never heard this track played at a soul night , after 25 yrs , ever !!!!,one of my ex girlfriends had the album when it first came out , that's why I remembered it , and nearly choked on my burger when it played !!!

So please put me out of my misery , does this 6.44 mins of torture get played ?

And apologies to those who like it , got a spare copy of " View To A Kill " for sale !

:king:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was at a very good, but wet !! bbq ,today and my mate played the usual modern soul cd's to get the crowd going ,

One of which was the Sunday Soul Selection by Soul Brother , a cracking album , BUT the Grace Jones track came on and I was gobsmacked , not usually a first for me !

I have never heard this track played at a soul night , after 25 yrs , ever !!!!,one of my ex girlfriends had the album when it first came out , that's why I remembered it , and nearly choked on my burger when it played !!!

And apologies to those who like it , got a spare copy of " View To A Kill " for sale !

It's also on a shorter (3-4min?) 7", and yes, I've heard it has been played in UK at modern rooms....

Social source share

3 or 4 years ago it got a mini revival at some of the 70s modern soul events

credit shaun robbins and bob smith for reviving it

nice cheap tune with a tom moulton remix 12 too

Social source share

Was originally released on Beam Junction a New York label.- 1976 45 and 12" - a very obscure twelve to loctae as usa collectors seek as well.

Was amassive spin in Mecca days late 70's , so pretty well known IMHO.:yes:

Ian first gave it a spin at The Mecca , on a Beam Junction 12" .

Was a favourable play in Italy a couple of years back .......

A great record , more suited to the 12" mix / release than the 7"

Malc Burton

Social source share

king.gif

Yep I've played the 7" on Beam Junction at Goodtimes Broadlane after the tip off from my good mate Gary Holyman great tune at a cheap price at the time.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

I bought the Beam Junction 7" from Graham Warr I think, C.Novermber '76. It's OK, but it was always a bit "Eurodisco" wasn't it?. Long sold. Very surprised it's been "revived" since(!), as she always seemed to be out of tune to me! (Funnily enough, I don't recall ever hearing it played at the Mecca either!)

- I think the only other record I ever had by her was "Do Or Die" (UK Island 12")!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!