Jonathan Capree / Gloria Hill / Edith Brown

Denbo

Good morning everybody. :o)

I am after the information where you see (???) regarding the following;

Jonathan Capree - (Gonna) Build Me A Mountain / (???) - Ox Bow (???) Need flip side and record label number?

Edith Brown - You Did It / (???) - 4 Brothers (???) Need flip side and record label number?

Gloria Hill - Be Somebody / (???) - Deep (???) Need flip side and record label number?

Hope you can all help.

PM me if you prefer.

Denbo.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Jonathan Capree - (Gonna) Build Me A Mountain / (???) - Ox Bow (???) Need flip side and record label number?

Edith Brown - You Did It / (???) - 4 Brothers (???) Need flip side and record label number?

Gloria Hill - Be Somebody / (???) - Deep (???) Need flip side and record label number?

Hope you can all help.

PM me if you prefer.

Denbo.

Edith Brown - "You think love is something to play" 4 Brothers 403

Gloria Hill - "Now I need him" Deep 135

Social source share

Edith Brown - "You think love is something to play" 4 Brothers 403

Gloria Hill - "Now I need him" Deep 135

Thanks a bunch Jaco, much appreciated.

Now, all's I need is confirmation of the flip on the Jonathan Capree and the label number.

Anybody?

Also, am after info, and the 45, of General Johnson's 'Gods Gift To Man' - Invictus. Can anybody help?

Social source share

Thanks a bunch Jaco, much appreciated.

Now, all's I need is confirmation of the flip on the Jonathan Capree and the label number.

Anybody?

Also, am after info, and the 45, of General Johnson's 'Gods Gift To Man' - Invictus. Can anybody help?

try Gareth x he should know Paul sadot migh know but think he sold his copy.

mark

Social source share

How many Edith Brown's floating around/ who else is playing it??? I have a minter that was formerly owned by Matt Finewine, you can still download it for a listen on a few of his excellent archived shows at wfmu.org, both sides are great. Also had a Jonathan Capree that think was the only one to go through ebay but sold it earlier this year to Italy.

Social source share

How many Edith Brown's floating around/ who else is playing it??? I have a minter that was formerly owned by Matt Finewine, you can still download it for a listen on a few of his excellent archived shows at wfmu.org, both sides are great. Also had a Jonathan Capree that think was the only one to go through ebay but sold it earlier this year to Italy.

Roger Banks played it at the Hideaway Mod Weekender easily a year ago now. Not heard it since.

Was tidying up my 'notes' on scraps of paper a couple of weeks ago and decided I'd try and track a copy down.

Anybody out there with a copy for sale? PM me please.

Social source share

try Gareth x he should know Paul sadot migh know but think he sold his copy.

mark

Thanks mark.

Are we talking about Jonathan Capree or General Johnson?

Gareth x? Is that his Soul Source name? Yes it is, I've since checked.

I'll try Paul Sadot as well. Has he got a Soul Source name? If not, got an email address for him that you could PM me?

Edited by denbo
Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest USDiscs

Hope you can all help.

PM me if you prefer.

Denbo.

Social source share

Guest USDiscs

Jonathan Capree - (Gonna) Build Me A Mountain / (Big City) - Ox Bow (R13109 A&cool.gif Need flip side and record label number?

Hope you can all help.

PM me if you prefer.

Denbo.

Social source share

Guest USDiscs

Hopefully the info on the Jonathan Capree 45 helps.

OX BOW - R13109 A & B - Gonna Build Me A Mountain (Way Up High) / Big City (Music by: "MADDOG")

I have photos of both sides if you want them.

B Side is kind of flakey. Mountain of course is a monster!

post-18728-12591937806885_thumb.jpg

post-18728-12591937888539_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Hi how about posting clips in refosoulyes.gif

a's already up there Ted

Joan put it up time paul s was flogging

have updated info and added scans

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/more/soul-library/jonathan-capree-gonna-build-me-a-mountain-way-up-high-ox-bow

smiling at that scan

as noted details when saw it a while back , next day was scratching me head wondering wtf i had wrote maddog down

Social source share

Two stunning tracks Denbo, Would love to own copies myself I cant beleive I missed the JC Pomonkey was talking about on ebay, I'd of had a serious snipe on it wicked.gif . Edith Brown I've only ever heard Andy Dyson spin this it's one of those tunes that I'd travel 200 miles to hear out loud in a packed club, awesome!!!

JC has gotta be worth around £1300+ not sure on Edith Brown though?

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Two stunning tracks Denbo, Would love to own copies myself I cant beleive I missed the JC Pomonkey was talking about on ebay, I'd of had a serious snipe on it wicked.gif . Edith Brown I've only ever heard Andy Dyson spin this it's one of those tunes that I'd travel 200 miles to hear out loud in a packed club, awesome!!!

JC has gotta be worth around £1300+ not sure on Edith Brown though?

Really hard to put a price on jc, £2,000 i would of thought,i did have a chance on one a while back, but it was mega dosh, i would of had to sell my volvo.unsure.gif

Edited by kid mohair
Social source share

Hopefully the info on the Jonathan Capree 45 helps.

OX BOW - R13109 A & B - Gonna Build Me A Mountain (Way Up High) / Big City (Music by: "MADDOG")

I have photos of both sides if you want them.

B Side is kind of flakey. Mountain of course is a monster!

God, that looks f--ked. Mine was near mint. Think i got it of Steve Smith (gloucester)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!