Highly Recommended Cheapies... Part 2

Last weeks 'Highly Recommended Cheapies' went really well so as promised here's Part 2! All prices include UK postage, payment by paypal suits best. Money back if you're not happy!

Remember the soundfiles are not always taken from the actual records for sale (I just use whats available in refosoul). All these records are guaranteed to play as I have graded them.

This week I've done four records, something to suit all tastes I think and certainly priced to suit your wallet. Here we go:

Buffalo Soldier - The Land Of Perdition - SMC

Reviewed by Dave Halsall in the latest issue of 'Soul Up North' and given the stamp of approval from Baz 'King Of Soul Source Media' Atkinson! An obscure but brilliant slice of up tempo crossover soul with that funky edge that is currently so popular. I've recently been giving this a spin or two at the Move On! Soul Club where it has always gone down well. For those that like something a bit different to the norm this is perfect, take a listen to the soundfile...£20 very well spent I think!

Price: £20

Condition: Mint unplayed

Quantity Available: 5 4

Joe Simon - The Girls Alright With Me - SS7

Surely one of the best soul artists ever? Despite that so many of his releases are still overlooked. Recently it's been great to see 'Long Hot Summer' hitting the decks on a far ore regular basis and for me this is just as good. This is more of a mid tempo pace with Joes effortless vocal working perfectly with the no expense spared backing to create a masterpiece of soul. Don't know it?? Play the sound file, sit back and wait to be impressed!

Price: £15

Condition: EX

Quantity Available: 2 1

James Carr - Talk Talk - Goldwax

RnB time! Another 45 that gets overlooked because it's cheap and easily available, but in terms of quality this stands head and shoulders above records that carry much higher price tags. So if you like a bit of quality RnB, then this great dancer can be yours for roughly the same price as a pack of cigarettes!

Price: £6

Quantity Available: 5 4 3

Ozone - Mighty Mighty - Motown wdj

1981 piece of Motown magic! Has a slightly earlier feel and fits perfectly in a 70s set. Up tempo, feel good dancefloor winner with a powerhouse of a backing. Proof once again that quality doesn't always come with a three figure price tag!

Price: £4

Quantity Available: 10 9 8

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of each sold and quantities available adjusted on the first post. Quiet though.......decent records at seriously low prices, listen to the clips if you don't know them.....just because they are cheap it doesn't mean they're not good!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!