Does Anybody Know This?

Benji

Picked up a record at a local shop last saturday. It's called "just might be a rich man" on the Wolfjacket label. Credits are stamped and hard to decipher, the song is either by Steve Finley and written by Al Wright or vice versa.

It's a crossover dancer with a funky feel to it, sadly there's an awful guitar break about 2/3 into the song. Artist seems to be a white Blues/Bluesrock singer going by the flipside.

Certainly not a track that is a contender for the next crossover monster, rather an ok-ish one if you know what I mean. Does anyone know it? Quick Google search didn't bring up any relevant hits.

Can add soundfile in the next couple of days...

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here's an audiofile of the track. After a few plays I have to correct myself it's not crossover with a funky feel but funk with a solid beat. Not really my cup of tea, what do you think?

Steve Finly or Al Wright - Just might be a rich man - Wolfticket -

Social source share

Might be purely coincidence, but "Rich Man" by Wolfticket is on a compilation LP called W4 Homegrown, issued by WWWW(various artists - local band compilation)

m

Maria, I actually don't think it is coincidence. There's a good chance Wolfticket is actually the name of the band. Attached a label scan. Hard to see who's the artist and what's the label, don't you think?

post-1670-12463921968212_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Here's an audiofile of the track. After a few plays I have to correct myself it's not crossover with a funky feel but funk with a solid beat. Not really my cup of tea, what do you think?

Steve Finly or Al Wright - Just might be a rich man - Wolfticket -

You asked,complete and utter rubbish i woulda' spun it out me bedroom window. :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!