Oxford Soul Club June 27Th

WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT!!!

The rain gods could not put paid to what was one of the best nights ever at the Empress.The music policy was spot on, ancient to modern and all stops in-between..

Maz & Charlie played their well chosen sets ,to get all in the mood for Reg & Yogi who kept the 'sweating' dance floor faithful, busy all night.

Have a great holiday OSC and we we see you all in September or at Banbury next Saturday or........................................... SOULFUSION or Hemel or Bisley or Howard Mallet or Luton or Rugby

ect ect ect

see you on Saturday

Jewel Bass - Let Your Love Rain Down On Me -

Edited by ritchie
  • Replies 9
  • Views 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The rain gods could not put paid to what was one of the best nights ever at the Empress.The music policy was spot on, ancient to modern and all stops in-between..

Maz & Charlie played their well chosen sets ,to get all in the mood for Reg & Yogi who kept the 'sweating' dance floor faithful, busy all night.

Have a great holiday OSC and we we see you all in September or at Banbury next Saturday or........................................... SOULFUSION or Hemel or Bisley or Howard Mallet or Luton or Rugby

ect ect ect

see you on Saturday

You are so right Richie,

Even the thunderstorm and torrential rain didn't stop the crowd enjoying themselves,

I had a strange feeling, when I knew Yogi and Reg were going to play for us, that they would be double-decking ?????????

So when Reg started and knowing his liking for 'modern-ish music'

I was a little apprehensive.

You know me Rich,

Putting Oxford on is Paranoia heaven,,,,

"bit quiet Steve, what's the time"

"Early, ten to eight, best we have a drink."

"Still quiet Steve, what's the time now."

"Eight o'clock Del,,,,,,,,,,"

"My turn to get the drinks then."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

But bl**dy hell Reg, it worked,,

You crafted it,

I loved it.

It was so refreshing !!!

(and you played Pyramid,,what a voice,)

and,,

The dancers loved it.

What more could you ask?

Richie,

Music policy ???????????

I didn't know we had one????? hahaha

Sorry Yogi,

You were good as well!!!!!!!!!!!

(you know I love your sets at Hemel)

Many thanks for coming and playing at Oxford, boys,

Great night.

Hope to see you soon if not before, 'Sounds of Soul' Hemel, on September the fifth.

Del.

Oxford Soul Club

trannells - blessed with your love..mp3

post-7901-12463034498499_thumb.jpg

post-7901-12463034687843_thumb.jpg

trannells - blessed with your love..mp3

post-7901-12463034498499_thumb.jpg

post-7901-12463034687843_thumb.jpg

Guest soulmaz

ect ect ect

see you on Saturday

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT RICHIE "A FANTASTIC NIGHT"

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CAME ON SATURDAY,CONSIDERING THE APPALLING WEATHER.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOURSELVES.

IT MAKES YOU FEEL QUITE HUMBLE THAT ALL THESES FOLK TRAVEL THE DISTANCES THEY DO TO OUR LITTLE CLUB,ITS A PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU THERE.

WELL,LITTLE REG AND YOGI YOU GUYS REALLY KNOW HOW TO MAKE EM' SMILE AND MAKE EM' DANCE HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR NIGHT AND MUS'NT FORGET CHARLIE MC WHO KEEPS ON DOING THE BUSINESS ON THE DECKS, ALWAYS A GREAT SET. THANKS GOOD FRIEND.

WONDERFUL TO SEE KATH BAILEY AGAIN.A VERY SPECIAL LADY.

AND FOR ME ,I HAD AN ABSOLUTE BALL.

SEE YOU ALL AT BANBURY 4TH JULY.

MAZ

Well, what another cracking night at Oxford before the summer break. Good turn out of people, a lot of new folk who said they enjoyed the night. Little Reg and Yogi played two great sets. Kept the floor filled. Just spoke to Jon Willis on the phone. Sadden he could not make it to do his set. We wish him a speedy recovery. (I hope he does, he's dj'ing at Banbury Saturday)yes.gif Great to see Ralph from Nuneaton Soul Club. Paul and Jackie from Wellingborough and of course the Banbury crew who came up. Next Oxford Soul Club is 26th September guest DJ Tony Dellar.

Charlie Mc

(next Banbury Soul Club this Saturday 4th July, Le Royale, Butcher's Row, Banbury. Parking Banbury Market Place, venue two minutes away. Guest DJ's Pete Robinson, Marr's Bar, Worcester and our own Jon Willis,)

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Just spoke to Jon Willis on the phone. Sadden he could not make it to do his set. We wish him a speedy recovery. (I hope he does, he's dj'ing at Banbury Saturday)yes.gif Charlie Mc

Charlie, I actually saw Jon at Neils barbie on Sunday - good to see him out and about, bit of a slow mover, but he'll get there! biggrin.gif He's looking forward to Banbury, I know!

Well, what another cracking night at Oxford before the summer break. Good turn out of people, a lot of new folk who said they enjoyed the night. Little Reg and Yogi played two great sets. Kept the floor filled. Just spoke to Jon Willis on the phone. Sadden he could not make it to do his set. We wish him a speedy recovery. (I hope he does, he's dj'ing at Banbury Saturday)yes.gif Great to see Ralph from Nuneaton Soul Club. Paul and Jackie from Wellingborough and of course the Banbury crew who came up. Next Oxford Soul Club is 26th September guest DJ Tony Dellar.

Charlie Mc

(next Banbury Soul Club this Saturday 4th July, Le Royale, Butcher's Row, Banbury. Parking Banbury Market Place, venue two minutes away. Guest DJ's Pete Robinson, Marr's Bar, Worcester and our own Jon Willis,)

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Glad you all had a good time.....

Upset I could not make it, I hope the extra week makes the difference.

Well done to all concerned.....

Told great sets from everyone... Including a modern set ( who was that then ?)

Catch you all soon

Banbury this week

Jon

Guest Crazy Jay

I just want to echo what others have already said. Great sets from all the DJ's again. I managed at alst to get my Searching For Soul book signed, by Reg, Yogi & Allan.

Danced me cogs off with the Mrs, and ended up barely able to walk the next day - Stairs certainly proved uncomfortable biggrin.gif

Well done to all concerened for a cracking night.

Many thanks again for the invitation to play at your fabulous club.

We had a blast.

I had 'sort of' planned what I wanted to play based on previous visits, but with that quality crowd and their particular requests that went out of the window.

Hope everyone enjoyed the evening as much as I did, had a great time.

Great set from Cahrlie as ever and Del what a brilliant last hour - fantastic ! :thumbup:

Nice to meet Crazy Jay too.

Once again boys thank you

See you soon

Cheers

Yogi

I just want to echo what others have already said. Great sets from all the DJ's again. I managed at alst to get my Searching For Soul book signed, by Reg, Yogi & Allan.

Danced me cogs off with the Mrs, and ended up barely able to walk the next day - Stairs certainly proved uncomfortable biggrin.gif

Well done to all concerened for a cracking night.

Jerry,

Always glad to see you and Naomi at our nights,

and pleased to see you on this forum at last.

Del.

See you at our next:

SATURDAY, 26th. SEPTEMBER WITH OUR SPECIAL GUEST TONY DELLAR

Edited by dcsoxford

Many thanks again for the invitation to play at your fabulous club.

We had a blast.

I had 'sort of' planned what I wanted to play based on previous visits, but with that quality crowd and their particular requests that went out of the window.

Hope everyone enjoyed the evening as much as I did, had a great time.

Great set from Cahrlie as ever and Del what a brilliant last hour - fantastic ! thumbup.gif

Nice to meet Crazy Jay too.

Once again boys thank you

See you soon

Cheers

Yogi

Yogi !!!!

You mean MAZ

I'm only allowed near the decks to set them up !!!!

I leave all that record business to people like yourself who know what they are doing.

see you soon if not before, 'Sounds of Soul' Hemel, on September the fifth.

Del.