South Essex Soul Club, Capone's, Benfleet

After what seems like an age, we are back on the sun drenched Essex Riviera for our next installment of Soul At Capone's. With South London dungeon dweller, Warren Boogaloo doing the honours and joining our very own vinyl monkeys, we're guaranteed a scorching summer night of soul. With the Ginger One, Stubbsy, Jon Downs and Paul McKay playing uptempo dancefloor sounds aplenty, we're going to need that air conditioning system :rolleyes:

Stop press...........Now with added Chris Thorley for even more soulful shennanigins

Have a look at our web site South Essex Soul Club for travel, directions and stuff.

Capone's

(above La Quinta restaurant)

Benfleet Rd

Benfleet

Essex SS7 1QB

8PM - 2AM

£5 OTD

Taff

Edited by Saxafone
  • Replies 54
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Taff ive not been to your event since way back seems like ages,but for any of you thinking about going its a good night out,i mean that a good night out,DJs aint bad either,

In fact im coming along to the next one,ive convinced myself ha ha.

Toby.

All being well i should be there to....good night in essex....blue room please john...lol

We usually reserve a great big Essex welcome for all our travelling visitors, we manage to make an exception for you Rob thumbsup.gif

That's chaos guaranteed then. See ya on the 11th.

Taff

Guest aaaaa

Hi Taff ive not been to your event since way back seems like ages,but for any of you thinking about going its a good night out,i mean that a good night out,DJs aint bad either,

In fact im coming along to the next one,ive convinced myself ha ha.

Toby.

See you there toby mate, we can talk all things QPR and the coming season :thumbup:

See you there toby mate, we can talk all things QPR and the coming season :thumbsup:

Don't suppose I'll best play 'Going down for the third time' by the Supremes would be appropriate. Cracking tune tho'. Can't wait to spin some floorfillers for ya next week.

Yes it has been an inordinately long time - 4 months!!

Looking forward to the return to Capones and to playing a few new tunes!

See you Saturday week chaps.

Yes! Me Too! - that's the looking forward bit and also have a few new tunes thumbup.gif

Does seem like yonks ago since the last one!

Blue room reserved just for you ROB biggrin.gif

Ive just been informed that another guest has been added to the dj rosta ,so should be a cracking night :thumbup:

Martin, who is this mystery person, reveal all :huh:

Is it a state secret, Give us a clue ? I bet questions are being asked in the house of commons right now, Mr Speaker can you please inform parliament who is the mystery Guest DJ at Capone's.........

Who actually informed you, was it your special little friend again ? because if so we may need to go and see the nice man at the clinic for some more tablets :D

Taff

No, No, No it's Big Chris Thorley fresh from looking after the lovely but convalescing Kerry. It's going to be a cracking night I'm sure. And if this hot weather keeps up you can look forward to the excellent aircon and also the frosty bar top to keep your beers nice and chilled!

Edited by Paul McKay
Guest GingerDave

Its looking like a cracking night with two top guest what more could a soul nightout want ,So get here early to aviod diserpointment :lol:

Guest aaaaa

[quote name='boogaloo'

Don't suppose I'll best play 'Going down for the third time' by the Supremes would be appropriate. Cracking tune tho'. Can't wait to spin some floorfillers for ya next week.

Yes! Me Too! - that's the looking forward bit and also have a few new tunes thumbup.gif

Stubbsy, has your backroom team of computer crunching boffins worked the dj rota out yet ? :thumbsup:

Scheduling our normal quota of vinyl monkeys usually causes you to blow a head gasket :rolleyes:

A cracking line up, great to have Chris on board for this one.

Taff

Edited by Saxafone

Stubbsy, has your backroom team of computer crunching boffins worked the dj rota out yet ? :g:

Scheduling our normal quota of vinyl monkeys usually causes you to blow a head gasket :thumbup:

A cracking line up, great to have Chris on board for this one.

Taff

No, still working on it rolleyes.gif

No, still working on it :lol:

Stubbsy, get your backroom boffins with their brains the size of Africa and their white coats and computers and stuff to sort the DJ rota..........it isn't the Da Vinci code they're cracking :lol:

Waiting :D

Whichever order you put them on, we've got a cracking night in store thumbup.gif

Taff

I see our North Wales diplomatist got it wrong again! D'oh....

That should read with added CHRIS Thorley!!!

That's what it does say :thumbup: Well now that I've changed it :thumbsup:

It must be my anticipation of hearing our very own Ginger Dave getting the better of me :thumbup:

Been asked for info on nearby accomodation, will post some up soon.

Taff

Edited by Saxafone

been a while since the last Capones and so looking forward to another top Essex night..

Warren, can I suggest 'Gonna be a big thing' might be more appropriate :thumbup:

Guest Bearsy

I see our North Wales diplomatist got it wrong again! D'oh....

That should read with added CHRIS Thorley!!!

And Chris`s lovely recovering wifes name is KERRY not Kelly whistling.gif

your not doing to well with names this week are you Dave laugh.gif

Edited by Bearsy
Guest Bearsy

Myself & Marie are thinking of make the journey up from Rainy Southampton for this if the piggy bank has enough funds in it after the spanking it got from our holiday last week biggrin.gif

any dj times yet John g.gif

Myself & Marie are thinking of make the journey up from Rainy Southampton for this if the piggy bank has enough funds in it after the spanking it got from our holiday last week biggrin.gif

any dj times yet John g.gif

Hi Bearsy, if you fancy coming over you're both welcome to crash at the Welsh Embassy :thumbsup: Let me know.

As for Stubbsy and the DJ rota, he doesn't like to rush these things :g::g::g:

Hope to see ya both Saturday.

Taff

Guest Bearsy

Hi Bearsy, if you fancy coming over you're both welcome to crash at the Welsh Embassy thumbsup.gif Let me know.

As for Stubbsy and the DJ rota, he doesn't like to rush these things g.gifg.gifg.gif

Hope to see ya both Saturday.

Taff

Thanks Taff you saved me asking if the Welsh Embassy had any rooms left biggrin.gif

best i ask Marie first as the poor girl is at work today while im slobbing it after we got home from ours holiday at 5 this morning biggrin.gif its a hard life in it laugh.gif

it would be great to sing along to Melvin Davis at 7 in the morning again laugh.gif

will let you know as soon as Marie walks in the door good.gif

that Stubbs fella is so bloody useless at times aint he wicked.gif

For those requesting nearby accommodation, the closest is the Premier Inn at Rayleigh Weir. It's 5 mins in a cab (or we'll arrange transport if you let us know)

Their web site is down at the moment so can't check availability :thumbsup:

Sunny Southend is a great place to wake up on a summer sunday and blow away the cobwebs, we'll get our local cherokee scout Ginger to come up with some info on acommodation there. :g:

Taff

Guest GingerDave

your not doing to well with names this week are you Dave laugh.gif I know Kerry, its Taff you got to watch :D Hope to see you both be good to catch up got some new choons to spin :D

your not doing to well with names this week are you Dave laugh.gif

well spoted mate. I will be there with my old mate moldie and picking up danny and mandy on the way. Shame Kelly :D ops sorry Kerry wont be able to join us as she still not well enough for a night of quality soul music. Looking forward to this good.gif

Thanks Taff you saved me asking if the Welsh Embassy had any rooms left biggrin.gif

best i ask Marie first as the poor girl is at work today while im slobbing it after we got home from ours holiday at 5 this morning biggrin.gif its a hard life in it laugh.gif

it would be great to sing along to Melvin Davis at 7 in the morning again laugh.gif

will let you know as soon as Marie walks in the door good.gif

that Stubbs fella is so bloody useless at times aint he wicked.gif

Batting order for Saturday night has now been sorted, and notified to them that needs to know :thumbsup:

DJ's are rarin' to go good.gif

See you Saturday mate :lol:

any dj times yet John :chinstroke:

John's boffs have cracked it, after running the available hours (6) and number of DJs (6) through their mainframe computers and calculating every possible permutation......................

8 - 9pm Ginger Dave

9 - 10pm Stubbsy

10- 11pm Dave Chris Thorley

11- 12pm Warren Boogaloo

12 - 1am Paul McKay

1am - 2am Jon Downs

Modern technology is just bloody awesome thumbsup.gif

Taff

Edited by Saxafone
Guest aaaaa

After last friday at solid hit soul,looking forward to another top soul night and this will be the one no doubt about it :lol:

Guest soulmanherts

Blue room reserved just for you ROB biggrin.gif

Guys,

i may not be able to make it now the weekend, something has come up ill let you know tomorrow

Rob

Guest Bearsy

John's boffs have cracked it, after running the available hours (6) and number of DJs (6) through their mainframe computers and calculating every possible permutation......................

8 - 9pm Ginger Dave

9 - 10pm Stubbsy

10- 11pm Dave Chris Thorley

11- 12pm Warren Boogaloo

12 - 1am Paul McKay

1am - 2am Jon Downs

Modern technology is just bloody awesome thumbsup.gif

Taff

this just goes to prove that technology is a wonderful thing so well done Stubbsy on a mammoth task well done :good:

btw Marie says yes :thumbup:

Guest soulmanherts

Sorry guys ill not be coming this weekend, sorry john about booking room etc, hope too see you all at the next one, and hope it all goes well

Rob

Guest Mrs Simsy

this just goes to prove that technology is a wonderful thing so well done Stubbsy on a mammoth task well done good.gif

btw Marie says yes thumbup.gif

Will you be bringing your SSFFL medal to show folk? :D

Well 'pon my soul we're famous or should that be infamous. ph34r.gif

Been chased all day (ok called once) by the dreaded papparazzi (a very charming reporter) demanding (asking very politely) for information about the strange world of South Essex Northern Soul yes.gif

I explained what we were about, sent him some pictures of Bearsy and Ginger Dave.......................so that should be the end of that thumbup.gif

I believe it was for the Southend Echo, however if there's a front page scoop any time soon, claiming that Elvis has been found DJing at a northern night with Freddie Starr, it may have been the Sunday Sport tongue.gif

Taff

been a while since the last Capones and so looking forward to another top Essex night..

Warren, can I suggest 'Gonna be a big thing' might be more appropriate :ohmy:

I could play 'The Only Way Is Up' by Otis Clay but not sure whether I'd be breaching the Trades Descriptions Act laugh.gif Mind you as a Wanderer's fan I'm not really the best person to pass judgement, am I?

Can't wait for Sat night. Waheeeey

Guest Bearsy

How do you know she says yes? I haven't asked her yet thumbsup.gif

best you hurry up then John laugh.gif

Taff is there room for 2 little ones at the Sheep shagging embassing on the shite side of the Thames shades.gif

also addy to find you amongst all them wanna be Cockney rejects and their 4x4s unsure.gif

also what times dinner and can we book Brekkie for about 9am biggrin.gif

Oh and Stubbsy please NO disco laugh.gif

Guest Bearsy

Really hoping to make it along on Saturday, if I don't over extend myself on Friday that is..

It would be good to see you again Ian and i could show you my medal again biggrin.gif

best you hurry up then John :laugh:

Taff is there room for 2 little ones at the Sheep shagging embassing on the shite side of the Thames shades

also addy to find you amongst all them wanna be Cockney rejects and their 4x4s :unsure:

also what times dinner and can we book Brekkie for about 9am :D

Oh and Stubbsy please NO disco :laugh:

OK, I'll play some 7t's instead then whistling

Taff is there room for 2 little ones at the Sheep shagging embassing on the shite side of the Thames shades

Hi Bearsy, the bed's made up, the duvet turned down and the drinks cabinet restocked in the west wing guest bedroom..........................that's Marie taken care of, now for your shed :wicked:

also addy to find you amongst all them wanna be Cockney rejects and their 4x4s :unsure:

Does the horse and trap have satnav now ?

also what times dinner and can we book Brekkie for about 9am :D

You can book breakfast for 7am if you wish, just be quiet in the kitchen and don't get too lonely :thumbup:

See ya both Saturday

Taff

Guest GingerDave

For those requesting nearby accommodation, the closest is the Premier Inn at Rayleigh Weir. It's 5 mins in a cab (or we'll arrange transport if you let us know)

Their web site is down at the moment so can't check availability :thumbup:

Sunny Southend is a great place to wake up on a summer sunday and blow away the cobwebs, we'll get our local cherokee scout Ginger to come up with some info on acommodation there. :lol:

Taff There are 13 rooms left at the premier inn at the Rayleigh Weir ,The coast per room is £53 and for a mire £7.50 you can book breakfast ,booking number 0870 111 2942 to book on line premierinn.com

hope this helps