Can O Worms Sunday Sessions-P'boro

• Replies 71
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well ive got an absolutely hectic 12 days ahead of me workwise and I will be shot to pieces by the end of it , but with this to look forward to right after this looks like the perfect antidote to all that STRESS:ph34r: a perfect sunday chill out, might even treat the wife to a bite to eat by the sounds of it!!

Its Top Soul 2nd ANNIVERSARY VERY SPECIAL GUEST ................

TOP UK SOUL D.J. TERRY JONES (TOGETHERNESS, VILLAGE SOUL ,ETC .ETC )

+BARRY COOPER & STEVE JAY ............

SPALDING SERVICES & SOCIAL CLUB ,PE 11 1TX

FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST

Cheers mate Nosherama.

Omce again , good luck with the day Mr D : I will think of you all whilst I am sat unsder the sun in Greece ......

Malc Burton

Been asked to clarify what ACOW is about.. Excuse the pun, but it does what it says on the tin.

2 - 9 just quality music, in a quality venue to some quality soul folk it WILL not be a NORTHERN SOUL 100MP OLDIES TYPE FUNCTION, it'll be something similar to what Mick Donnelly kicked off at the Dog in a Doublet with his infamous DKOF nights.

Come along and enjoy, that’s all I ask.

Ps save yourself for the local sausage, mash and onion gravy from the bar snack menu, it's the bollocks...

First stylus drop at 2pm August 9th 2009.

ACOW info is here =============> https://dkof.freewebpages.org/acow/home.html

Edited by PaulDonnelly

Been asked to clarify what ACOW is about.. Excuse the pun, but it does what it says on the tin.

2 - 9 just quality music, in a quality venue to some quality soul folk it WILL not be a NORTHERN SOUL 100MP OLDIES TYPE FUNCTION, it'll be something similar to what Mick Donnelly kicked off at the Dog in a Doublet with his infamous DKOF nights.

Come along and enjoy, that's all I ask.

Ps save yourself for the local sausage, mash and onion gravy from the bar snack menu, it's the bollocks...

First stylus drop at 2pm August 9th 2009.

ACOW info is here =============> https://dkof.freewebp.../acow/home.html

Sounds great see you there Paul.

Barry

Directions from Peterborough

Take A605 from Peterborough to Whittlesey, pass water tower on your left as you come into Whittlesey.

Follow A605 until you see a sign "RAMSEY B1040" take a RIGHToff the A605 onto the B1040

after approx 800M you'll see a pub on your left hand side called the LETTER B turn left and you'll see the Falcon Hotel approx 200M up the road on the right. Simples?

Weather = Sunday is looking like a glorious day, so the patio area will be hours.

Dress code = wear what you want.

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Guest Mick Donnelly

Looking forward to this one Guy's, so see you all there!!

cheers,

John Mc. good.gif

It'll be good to see you and Dot again .. Cyprus was hot :rolleyes:

will be there hopefully :thumbup:

it'll be good to see ya again Dave.. do you know if Mick beeby is coming?

Edited by Mick Donnelly
Guest Mick Donnelly

BUMP- THE SUN GONNA BE BLAZIN SO CAN OF WORMS IS THE PLACE TO BE. SEE YOU ALL THERE. KIMBO

I think you could be right Kimbo... pleanty of people talking about this one at Sleaford last saturday ... Thanks to paul for asking me to play a few ... I'm rather looking forward to it :lol:

last call for my ACOW ...ANOTHER CAN OF WORMS.

If you're at a loose end come Sunday 1300hrs get your bums over to The Falcon Whittlesey Peterborough 2pm to 9pm with Cliff Steel and Steve Jay, admission charge £0 fo7hrs of 'proper' stuff.

A weekend to die for.

Fiday night pasta and wine with a few friends on me patio

Saturday off to see the Mighty Posh do one over the Rams

Sat night a come dine with me Whittlesey style at a friends house

Sunday from 1400hrs playing and more importantly lsitenly to some uplifting soul from 4 decades.

Whatever you're doing tonight, tomorrow or Sunday enjoy the fooker, life is really too short mush.

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Guest Dave Turner

last call for myACOW...ANOTHER CAN OF WORMS.

If you're at a loose end come Sunday 1300hrs get your bums over to The Falcon Whittlesey Peterborough 2pm to 9pm with Cliff Steel and Steve Jay, admission charge £0 fo7hrs of 'proper' stuff.

A weekend to die for.

Fiday night pasta and wine with a few friends on me patio

Saturday off to see the Mighty Posh do one over the Rams

Sat night a come dine with me Whittlesey style at a friends house

Sunday from 1400hrs playing and more importantly lsitenly to some uplifting soul from 4 decades.

Whatever your'e doing tonight, tomorrow or Sunday enjoy the fooker, life is really too short mush.

PD

Looking forward to this mate, gonna be a good 'un

Just gonna look at the weather report and see if to bring me hat or me wellies.