I.t.s. Spalding 2Nd Anniversary With Terry Jones! 21St Aug

Hi everyone ,lots of people aking about the next ITS @SPALDING so with the date now fast approaching here are the details....................

for our second anniversary we are so please to bring one of the UKs top SOUL DJs TERRY JONES to a a little sleepy maket town in the heart of the Lincolnshire fens!! so VILLAGE SOUL really is out in the country for this one.......................

ITSTERRYJONESJPEG-1.jpg

Edited by sjay
  • Replies 71
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well done Steve in booking TERRY JONES for the up and coming ITS 2nd Anniversary, this is going to be a fantastic night, so looking forward to it and also to be able to play a few tunes along side yourself and Terry, can't wait.

Barry

Nice one Steve, Jo and I will be over for this!

By the way is that sign still over the bar? :laugh: I am sure you will be there with camera!

(talking of which - I shall be the back somewhere tapping my feet - can't let anyone see me though! :laugh: )

Catch up soon, Ray & Jo

Nice one Steve, Jo and I will be over for this!

By the way is that sign still over the bar? laugh.gif I am sure you will be there with camera!

(talking of which - I shall be the back somewhere tapping my feet - can't let anyone see me though! laugh.gif )

Catch up soon, Ray & Jo

Ray as always will be great to see you and Jo(when you gonna drag Russ over , he need not wear his white suit if hes too shywhistling.gif ) we are so honoured that a DJ of Terry Jones calibre has aggreed to guest for us ,and it will be a long set (hence only 3 DJs) .as for the sign I guess some people are just a little rebelious.................................................by the way looking forward to celebrating Baz's birthday @ club caliente !!

forsale1622.jpg

Edited by sjay
Guest gibber

Ray as always will be great to see you and Jo(when you gonna drag Russ over , he need not wear his white suit if hes too shywhistling.gif ) we are so honoured that a DJ of Terry Jones calibre has aggreed to guest for us ,and it will be a long set (hence only 3 DJs) .as for the sign I guess some people are just a little rebelious.................................................by the way looking forward to celebrating Baz's birthday @ club caliente !!

forsale1622.jpg

Hi Steve

Really looking forward to this night mate , great music, great djS , top people and the place you dont have to worry about any rules the club like to place on us biggrin.gif

How is every one ?

ATB

ANDYthumbsup.gif

Well done Steve in booking TERRY JONES for the up and coming ITS 2nd Anniversary, this is going to be a fantastic night, so looking forward to it and also to be able to play a few tunes along side yourself and Terry, can't wait.

Barry

Hi Barry,you know the ITS crowd better than most .dont think youve ever missed onethumbup.gif you know exactly what to play yes.gif . This one is looking like a very special night indeed ,the last one was with Sam back in January and it was a blinder and packed out ,the April date we cancelled due to somewhere else clashing with usunsure.gif so ITS is long overdue indeed.

Anyway we have A1 soul to look forward to before this ,see you there if not before.

Steve

forsale1625.jpg

Hi Steve

Really looking forward to this night mate , great music, great djS , top people and the place you dont have to worry about any rules the club like to place on us biggrin.gif

How is every one ?

ATB

ANDYthumbsup.gif

Hi Andy good to hear from you things are good ,I trust the same with you.

ITS very laid back , all thats important is the music and the fantastic Soul people that attendthumbup.gif

Maybe see you tonight @ The City

Steve

Guest MOLLY

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear your back up and running again at I.t.s. Lorraine and I will make every effort to make your 2nd Anniversary. You will be in for top night with Terry Jones and Barry Cooper guesting thumbup.gif

See ya soon

Best

Molly

Spoke to Terrry at Cleethorpes Steve. He's really looking forward to it. We'll be there.

Hi Chris , nice to see you @ Soul Heaven last night ,thanks for the help in persuading Terry to accept this booking it really does mean such a lot to us to be bring him to ITS thumbup.gifthumbup.gif .

For myself and Rob this is such an honour to be able to bring Terry over to ITS ,a real dream come true so to speak.Terry is without a doubt one of the top international SOUL DJs on the scene ,headlining top weekenders and major events across europe with his own very individual style of truly across the board music. His spot was always the highlight of The Tent for us generating an amazing atmosphere every time and right now he's not just playing the crossover and 70s tunes with his upfront selections he really is the perfect guest for us @ITS as he ticks all the boxes ,so to speak musically . for our event.

Speaking with Tats last night as well about it hes got it in the diary too ,so looks like we could be in for a really special night!!

Steve

SIGNATUREJPEG.jpg

Guest stash313

He's a busy man that Terry Jones...

Steve I'm sure Terry will deliver a fantastic night of music for you at I.T.S, we would have been over but unfortunately are away that weekend.

Working with Terry shows you what true passion he has for the Soul Scene he is one of the greatest not bad for a Southerner!

'not bad for a southerner' ARE YOU SURE???

Ah dont worry Chris now youve settled in our fair county we adopted you as own of our very own LINCUNSHEER DJs .you just need to work on the accent a bit more and youll be there!!whistling

Steve, I don't think it's just my accent that needs to improve - I think it's my spelling as well!!! :D

Well living where you do youll soon pick up the right accent ( if you lived near to Boston you might pick up that distintive East European twang that now predominates that area:ph34r: ) I understand Terry Jones described you as the Teacher and we all know you have plenty to teach us localsthumbsup.gif

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear your back up and running again at I.t.s. Lorraine and I will make every effort to make your 2nd Anniversary. You will be in for top night with Terry Jones and Barry Cooper guesting thumbup.gif

See ya soon

Best

Molly

Hi Molly & Lorraine ,yes its been far too long since weve seen you , as always a warm welome awaits in the heart of the Fens @ITS .What an honour for us to bring THE LEGEND that is Terry Jones to the East Coast Rivierra @ Spalding to make our 2nd anniversary so very specialthumbup.gif

Certainly hope that you can make it ,Im sure ITS gonna be a night to remember

take care

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whippet

What sort of response are you getting Steve as things have beene awfully quiet and with SS being down for days we dont want people to forget?? Does Terry know that the street lights stop at Hatfield and has he got Sat Nav?

Guest whippet

Steve are you back on Line? I know you had a massive thunrder storm that knocked out the two cans and bit of string but are you back up and running yet? Give the mice some cheese and they will wind the wheel quicker.

Guest gibber

What sort of response are you getting Steve as things have beene awfully quiet and with SS being down for days we dont want people to forget?? Does Terry know that the street lights stop at Hatfield and has he got Sat Nav?

Hi whippet

Hope you are well thumbsup.gif

A good vibe about the night where I come from .yes.gif

Steve good to see you Friday , as for the date I am blind mate ,a bloody great flyer lol .laugh.gif

forsale1622.jpg

A BRILLIANT SPOT FRIDAY STEVE, THANKS FOR DOING EXTRA WHICH IM SURE WASNT A PROBLEM!!

will there be homemade fish and chips available, and is there a beautiful barmaid!!!wicked.gif

russ

Hi Whippet ,yes were are at long last back up and running , repairing computer equipment certainly is as easy as mending the tractor,it certainly doesnt respond well to being hit with the hammerph34r.gif when all else fails.

Dont worry Terry will get there ok ,Im sure that his no1 local fans , John and Vicky from Boston, would drive down to London to fetch him, indeed They are, I belive , going straight down to london to do it all over again with terry on the saturdayyes.gif .

Indeed they are regulars at the village soul nights with Terry up in Sunderland so to have Terry on the doorstep has been an very pleasant suprise indeed for them both!!

Caught up with lots of people this weekend ant Club Claliente and A1 Soul and yes the buzz for this is very good , people realise this is probably the only chance to see Terry in this area , usually our only chance is at the end of a long journey.

Also this means that so many have never had the pleasure of enjoying a Terry Jones set in the flesh so to speak, well they really have no idea how good an experience that is ,he is an absolute class actthumbup.gif

To whet everyones appetitite check out his website.........................

https://www.bunkeruk.com/villagesoul/soulboatterrybio.html

A BRILLIANT SPOT FRIDAY STEVE, THANKS FOR DOING EXTRA WHICH IM SURE WASNT A PROBLEM!!

will there be homemade fish and chips available, and is there a beautiful barmaid!!!wicked.gif

russ

Hi Russ thanks for asking me over to Club Caliente once more, great night as always,lots of the crowd there also visit ITS so it was a great warm up for this and lots of those present were planning to make the trip for this one.

I think there is some food available at the club, rolls etc weve had in the past ,but I dont know about fish and chipsg.gif ,as for the barmaid ,well I guess you better ask Baz and Andy why they were loitering aound therewicked.gif !!!

forsale1622.jpg

One thing you can be sure of Russ is that everyone will receive a warm welcome , the crowd are the very best and friendliest bunch around..

forsale1627.jpg

forsale1621.jpg

russ

Hi Russ thanks for asking me over to Club Caliente once more, great night as always,lots of the crowd there also visit ITS so it was a great warm up for this and lots of those present were planning to make the trip for this one.

I think there is some food available at the club, rolls etc weve had in the past ,but I dont know about fish and chipsg.gif ,as for the barmaid ,well I guess you better ask Baz and Andy why they were loitering aound therewicked.gif !!!

forsale1622.jpg

One thing you can be sure of Russ is that everyone will receive a warm welcome , the crowd are the very best and friendliest bunch around..

forsale1627.jpg

forsale1621.jpg

will hopefully be at this one :smile:

never seen terry dj before so looking forward to it :smile: heard alot of good things

if its half as good as the last one with sam then it will be a blinder

Hi David , nice to see you friday @Club Caliente,Terry Jones has got to be one of the most entertaining Soul DJs around,some of our best nights in 35 years on this scene have been with him DJing in a cold and draughty tent in Fleetwood,the atmosphere the guy creates is incredible, his ability to read the crowd and deliver the perfect set is second to none.

Terry is totally across the board now with quality 60s crossover 70s modern and the best of the brand new upfront releases (Neo Smile was a Terry Jones cover up as Gil Scott Heron )so he really ticks all the boxes musically for ITS -the perfect guest:thumbup:

Steve

g.gif

Hi whippet

Hope you are well thumbsup.gif

A good vibe about the night where I come from .yes.gif

Steve good to see you Friday , as for the date I am blind mate ,a bloody great flyer lol .laugh.gif

tHi Andy always good to see you and the crew over at Club Caliente,when you told ne I had left the date off you really had me worried for a momentph34r.gif good to heat that youre all planning the trip over to the east coast for this , Im sure that Terry wont disappoint ITS looking like a really special one ,not to be missed!!!

Take care mate

Steve

Guest sully

ITS 2nd Anniversary with Terry Jones, one of the top DJ's on the soul scene today. Theres a real buzz about this event so dont miss the opportunity to see Terry perform his magic behind the decks at Spalding. By the way Steve and Barry dont do a bad turn eitherwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Hi Steve, replied to your email off line - always great to support you guys over at Spalding.

Link back to the last one over at ITS, Spalding - what a great night - here: https://www.soul-sour..._1entry985720

Hi Ray many thanks for the help with the e-flyers ,your support is always most appreciated,p.s. see you friday!1

Also thanks for posting up the lookback to the last ITS, brings it all back now it was a very spacial night indeed, the problem tha still haunts ITS at this venue is that we cant move to saturday night ,despite exploring every avenue the clubs constitution will not allow it to happen despite the clubs manager fully supporting us and his efferts ended in failure on our belalf. So this leaves us with really no option but to try to find an alternative venue for 2010 and the reality that this is the last iTS at this club and posibly sadly the last ever .

The oct 30th date we have booked at the club will be another FREE ADMISSION CANCER CHARITY FUNDRAISER BIRTHDAY BASH same as last year and not another ITS as such .So what a way to end this particular chapter of ITS with TERRY JONES and BARRY COOPER as guests joining me for an unmissable event!!

Steve

So hope this not the last but one at ITS, but if it is lets make it one to remember, Terry Jones coming to Spalding, what more could we ask for, this should be one belter of a night, so come on folks let's support Steve Rob and the rest of the team and make it one heck of a night.

Barry

So hope this not the last but one at ITS, but if it is lets make it one to remember, Terry Jones coming to Spalding, what more could we ask for, this should be one belter of a night, so come on folks let's support Steve Rob and the rest of the team and make it one heck of a night.

Barry

Thanks Barry, Terry Jones is sure to be just PERFECT for ITS ,with our music policy of SOULFUL DANCE from the 60s , to todays very best new releases he will definately HIT THE SPOTthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Steve

terry-jones.jpg

Edited by sjay
Guest Midge

Couldn't have dreamed of TJ appearing in Spalding when I moved back to Lincolnshire two years ago. When Steve asked for suggestions for guest DJ's for the 2nd anniversary I suggested Terry, more tongue in cheek wishful thinking than anything else. Couldn't believe it when I found that they had not only approached him but had got a positive response :thumbsup:

This promises to be one of THE soul nights in the county this year, to say I'm looking forward to it would be a massive understatement. I look forward to seeing many of the county's soul faithful in attendance, as well as many others from further afield, the organisers, and Terry fully deserve all our support!!!!!!!!!!

Save me a place in the queue please Steve :thumbup:

thumbup.gif

Couldn't have dreamed of TJ appearing in Spalding when I moved back to Lincolnshire two years ago. When Steve asked for suggestions for guest DJ's for the 2nd anniversary I suggested Terry, more tongue in cheek wishful thinking than anything else. Couldn't believe it when I found that they had not only approached him but had got a positive response thumbup.gif

This promises to be one of THE soul nights in the county this year, to say I'm looking forward to it would be a massive understatement. I look forward to seeing many of the county's soul faithful in attendance, as well as many others from further afield, the organisers, and Terry fully deserve all our support!!!!!!!!!!

Save me a place in the queue please Steve wink.gif

Midge thanks so much for those very kind words,we are truly proud and highly delighted that Terry has agreed to grace our decks for our second anniversarythumbup.gifthumbup.gif .Our aim at ITS has always been to bring in as guests DJs that you would normally have to (and we do constantly)many miles to listen to ,to have the type of night we love ,joined by a loyal crowd of supporters,we always have a great time ,with a great mix of music with people always in attendance from far and wideyes.gif right here in Spalding. Across the board is perhaps an over used phrase but the music policy will include SOUL from the 60s ,Crossover, 70s, Modern, Brand New releases and anything and everthing in between , but above all else you will be in the best of company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................................

forsale811.jpg

forsale1611.jpg

Hi everyone ,lots of people aking about the next ITS @SPALDING so with the date now fast approaching here are the details....................

for our second anniversary we are so please to bring one of the UKs top SOUL DJs TERRY JONES to a a little sleepy maket town in the heart of the Lincolnshire fens!! so VILLAGE SOUL really is out in the country for this one.......................

ITSTERRYJONESJPEG-1.jpg

Tune In to Tulip-radio this coming Monday Aug 10th from 7pm to 9pm and Catch Steve Jay and myself for 2 hours of Northern, Modern and Crossover Soul (I.T.S. Special)

www.tulip-radio.co.uk 107.5 FM Spalding and surrounding area. email studio@tulip-radio.co.uk for requests, dedications and gig info.

Dave Raistrick email dave@starsandstripesimports.com

Tune In to Tulip-radio this coming Monday Aug 10th from 7pm to 9pm and Catch Steve Jay and myself for 2 hours of Northern, Modern and Crossover Soul (I.T.S. Special)

www.tulip-radio.co.uk 107.5 FM Spalding and surrounding area. email studio@tulip-radio.co.uk for requests, dedications and gig info.

Dave Raistrick email dave@starsandstripesimports.com

Hi Dave thanks for the invite onto the show ,its really appreciatedyes.gif ,I guess you must have been listening to all those people that for years,have told me that Ive got the perfect face for radiolaugh.gif .

Really looking forward to the show ,Dave I really hope you can make it over to ITS to check out Terry on the 21st!!thumbup.gif

Steve

Edited by sjay

Steve,

Hope to hear a few of the tracks you played over at 'Club Caliente' last Friday!

Jo and I really looking forward to this (think I said that in an earlier posting! smile.gif ).

Ray

Hi Ray ,really sad that we didnt make the city last week,looks like we missed a belter!!

had a busy week workwise ,away at antiques fair thurs/fri when we returned home to unload all the bits we couldnt sell into the store only to finf the terrible storms we suffered thurs night had flooded the store mwhat wasnt covered in water was standing in it ,so by the time we finished clearing up it was really too late to come.

Youve been to ITS more than most Ray ,so you know exactly what youre likely to hear !! and of course you will get the chance to tap your toes to some of those sounds again!!

On the subject of having been before ,those that have know how to find the club for those that havent this might help!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

here's the address

24 High Street, Spalding, PE11 1TX

and >>>here's<<< a map

get the bar stocked steve i reckon i could be thirsty, really looking forward to this one thumbsup.gif

:thumbup:Hi Biz, hope you are well ,havent seen you for a week or two!!

Its always a thirsty night for you ,but dont worry the bar will be well stocked ,but even more important,IT IS MEGA CHEAP TOO :thumbup:

See ya there

Steve

Just a week to go now before ITS in Spalding, can't wait to hear Terry Jones spot(s) never seen him before but heard some great things, so looking forward to this, dont miss this one folks, it's gonna be great, and don't forget that cheap bar.

See you on the 21st

Guest gibber

Hi

Picking up Wendy & John from St Ives on Friday . will have room for 1 more if anybody wants a lift . Happy to pick up on the way .A1, Huntingdon , Peterborough or the fens . what ever .

Pm me if interested wink.gif . please note Benny as left the building .

Andy

Hi

Picking up Wendy & John from St Ives on Friday . will have room for 1 more if anybody wants a lift . Happy to pick up on the way .A1, Huntingdon , Peterborough or the fens . what ever .

Pm me if interested wink.gif . please note Benny as left the building .

Andy

Hi Andy, just got an email from Wendy telling me they were coming over with you yes.gif !!

Andy you have to be one of our most loyal travelling supporters ,I dont think you missed any ITS events over these past couple of years ,cant thank you enough for that and all the encouraging of others to come and join us as wellthumbsup.gif that you do ,helping with the flyers etc .respect to you indeed absolute TOP MANthumbup.gif .

See ya there mate

Steve

Edited by sjay

Looking like this may be a bit of a packer which should make for a fantastic atmosphere, let's just hope it's not quite as HOT as it was at last years with Shaun & Bob. Think I'll start the queue on Wednesday sometime just to make sure I get in thumbsup.gif

hi steve,listning to tj on solar now ,he will bring the house down,havent seen you for ages,so will do our best to make it friday.paul+trish.

Hi Paul , sorry couldnt get along to your 50th birthday ,as DJ duties at Loughborough niter took us elsewhere that nightunsure.gif ,Im sure you had a blinder anywaythumbup.gif .

Yes its been too long (the Irish Club birthday bash if I remember correctly!!) since we have seen you ,of course a warm welcome awaits in fenland any time for you both, John and Wendy are coming over ,we would love to see you both, Melvyn is planning to bring Toby ,maybe theres a chance of a liftthumbsup.gif

Take care both of you ,thanks for the post

Steve

Looking like this may be a bit of a packer which should make for a fantastic atmosphere, let's just hope it's not quite as HOT as it was at last years with Shaun & Bob. Think I'll start the queue on Wednesday sometime just to make sure I get in thumbsup.gif

Hi Midge, well only four more days til Terry graces our decks at ITS thumbup.gif Ive been in touch with him and he has had a lot of people telling him they are coming over to check ITS spalding out which is great news ,so your prediction could well be rightyes.gif ,hes even bringing a few unreleased tunes and TJ exclusives for us to hear ,and there is even a a possibility of an extra suprise top DJ on the night ,but at this stage its just thatshhh.gif ,whatever happens Im sure we are in for something special on the 21st so DONT MISS IT PEOPLEno.gif .

See ya there steve

Hi Midge, well only four more days til Terry graces our decks at ITS thumbup.gif Ive been in touch with him and he has had a lot of people telling him they are coming over to check ITS spalding out which is great news ,so your prediction could well be rightyes.gif ,hes even bringing a few unreleased tunes and TJ exclusives for us to hear ,and there is even a a possibility of an extra suprise top DJ on the night ,but at this stage its just thatshhh.gif ,whatever happens Im sure we are in for something special on the 21st so DONT MISS IT PEOPLEno.gif .

See ya there steve

hope it is a packer steve. after all the hard work you put into these nights

hope to see ya there

rupe