United Sound Of Soul Saturday 18Th July

Only 3 weeks to go until the next instalment of United Sound of Soul at The Royal Hotel, Oak Bar, Ablewell Street, Walsall, WS1 2EL

dj's

Des Parker

Steve Guarnori

Jordi Ripollis

John Farrel

Mick Lloyd

Martyn Bradley

Harpo

The night runs from 8 - 3 door tax £5.00 Record dealers always welcome

Looking foward to hearing something a little bit different from all the dj's on the night especially as it's the first time at USOS for all except for Martyn.

Further details please ring Kev on 01928 829878 or Martyn on 01543 462470 or check the website, link at the bottom.

Sharon

• Replies 201
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SoulRenaissance

Really looking forward to this one, got a few new tunes recently, as well as well as getting new copies of several of my big plays back in the day.

Great line up on the night, so we are gonna be in for a real treat, i'm sure.

Sounds interesting? Proffesionals one of them?

Martyn

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Looking forward to this, listening to lots of new tunes n having a sneaky dance on the secret dancefloor. If youve never been here ....... come along ....... you wont be disappointed!!!

:tumbleweed3:

Looking forward to this, listening to lots of new tunes n having a sneaky dance on the secret dancefloor. If youve never been here ....... come along ....... you wont be disappointed!!!

thumbup.gif

See you in a couple of weeks Chris I liked that bit of the dancefloor as well with me being so shy :D .

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

Will be along to this instalment of sounds as i will be celebrating my 50th which is the day after.

Bring it on !!!!!

Ken

Another milestone Kenny. You missed Stevie P last time out who had his 50something? But modesty permits me saying how old, he looks well on it though.

Martyn

Will be along to this instalment of sounds as i will be celebrating my 50th which is the day after.

Bring it on !!!!!

Ken

Wow Ken the big 50, Do we have to book a Stripper, remember the last one you booked think we were about 25 then.. does she still do a turn.. :lol:

Edited by munchkin

Another milestone Kenny. You missed Stevie P last time out who had his 50something? But modesty permits me saying how old, he looks well on it though.

Martyn

Got my mate landing at heathrow that morning flying in from China where he works & stayin over at ours. Some of you may know him as he is a soulboy from Litchfield originally. Dave Thomas so I am hoping he aint to jetlagged and wants to go out. I need to be there its a Brill nite. Not sure what will be a cure for jetlagged!shades.gif Kenny 50, brill line up of dj's and toons and like minded punters. really hoping to see you there! If anyone remembers Dave pm me, it will be good ammo to get him out. Kimbo.

Got my mate landing at heathrow that morning flying in from China where he works & stayin over at ours. Some of you may know him as he is a soulboy from Litchfield originally. Dave Thomas so I am hoping he aint to jetlagged and wants to go out. I need to be there its a Brill nite. Not sure what will be a cure for jetlagged!shades.gif Kenny 50, brill line up of dj's and toons and like minded punters. really hoping to see you there! If anyone remembers Dave pm me, it will be good ammo to get him out. Kimbo.

Hope you can talk him into coming Kimbo just tell him he can sleep the next day :lol: .

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

That's what we like to hear. No "I've got to pick so and so up", or saying that they're jetlagged and don't want to go out. I thought people were here on holiday to see stuff, not sleep.

Last time i came back from the States, i then did a full 12 hour shift. What's all this jet lag lark, never had it.

Martyn

Martyn

Becoming quiet a habit celebrating at your do's Martin celebrated my 40Th at the Manor & what a good night it was.

Becoming quiet a habit celebrating at your do's Martin celebrated my 40Th at the Manor & what a good night it was.

Ken

Suppose I'd better bake a cake as it's your 50th there again maybe best to get Kev to do it as he's better than me, looking forward to helping you celebrate your birthday.

Sharon

Ken

Suppose I'd better bake a cake as it's your 50th there again maybe best to get Kev to do it as he's better than me, looking forward to helping you celebrate your birthday.

Sharon

All gifts greatfuly received LIQUID or otherwise :yes: , couldn't think of a nicer crowd with who to celebrate :lol:

Guest SoulRenaissance

And what better way to celebrate your birthday with your fellow soulies. Doesn't time fly though? Yeah and my fortieth was shit.Started off at the old Junction 11, then someone suggested we make the journey to North Wales. Spent three hours driving to LLandudno all-nighter. Only to listen to hours and hours of rubbish, and must have had about 4-5 coke's all night. Then i had to drive all the way back, spotting more dead badgers along the roads than i'd ever seen in my life. Fantastic fortieth.

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

All gifts greatfuly received LIQUID or otherwise :wicked: , couldn't think of a nicer crowd with who to celebrate thumbup.gif

I'll see if i've got a spare copy of "Groovin with Mr Bloe", will that do?

Martyn

this is a "must go" event. evry time ive gone there is new sounds to be heard.great company ,good floor.not to be missed. KEN, be good to see you again,its been a while. Ill contributr to your liquid intake but dont anybody do a birthday cake.its hot enough as it is and all the heat off that many candles,somebody will get 2nd degree burns im sure

Guest SoulRenaissance

this is a "must go" event. evry time ive gone there is new sounds to be heard.great company ,good floor.not to be missed. KEN, be good to see you again,its been a while. Ill contributr to your liquid intake but dont anybody do a birthday cake.its hot enough as it is and all the heat off that many candles,somebody will get 2nd degree burns im sure

Looks like someone's gonna get burnt? I'd say to all the regulars and anybody else whose thinking of coming watch your backs. It has came to my notice that someone is trying to sabotage the USOS events, by spreading false and unsubstasiated rumours. (In other words bullshit about us). But i have suspicions of who this person may or may not be, i'm watching. And i will find out one way or another who is responsible.

Normally i wouldn't say anything, but?

Let's not forget what USOS is about and what were trying to do. Do we want to see all of that ruined and go back to the status quo down here, because of one or two potential culprits? I for one don't.

I may be wrong in my suspicions and would hold my hands up and say so. But if i am correct, let's be in no doubt if that person is reading this were not going anywhere. Bullshit is just that. The soul fans who support us know fact from fiction, they're a bit more intelligent than that.

Martyn

Looks like someone's gonna get burnt? I'd say to all the regulars and anybody else whose thinking of coming watch your backs. It has came to my notice that someone is trying to sabotage the USOS events, by spreading false and unsubstasiated rumours. (In other words bullshit about us). But i have suspicions of who this person may or may not be, i'm watching. And i will find out one way or another who is responsible.

Normally i wouldn't say anything, but?

Let's not forget what USOS is about and what were trying to do. Do we want to see all of that ruined and go back to the status quo down here, because of one or two potential culprits? I for one don't.

I may be wrong in my suspicions and would hold my hands up and say so. But if i am correct, let's be in no doubt if that person is reading this were not going anywhere. Bullshit is just that. The soul fans who support us know fact from fiction, they're a bit more intelligent than that.

Martyn

Feel like I need to post about the above, basically we will not get involved in any of the politcal bullshit that goes around these days, if anyone want's any clarification please feel free to give either Kev or Martyn a ring numbers are at the top of the page or on our website, link below and as you said Martyn our supporters are more intelligent than to believe such crap.

USOS is all about going out with like minded peeps listening to something a bit different mixed in with some of the bigger stuff with top dj's and fantastic collectors playing their stuff, nothing wrong with that but some people just arn't happy about it, well as far as we're concerned it's their loss and we will just leave them to go about their sad lives as they obviously don't have one.

We'll be there 2 weeks today having a great night as always regardless of what rumours are flying around :shades: .

Sharon & Kev

I feel I should post my apologies regarding this incident, I was told in good faith that Kev and Martyn were heavily into 'Cross-dressing' at the moment, and that they were cool with people knowing this fact.

I promise not to tell anybody else... :shades:

Edited by Mace

I feel I should post my apologies regarding this incident, I was told in good faith that Kev and Martyn were heavily into 'Cross-dressing' at the moment, and that they were cool with people knowing this fact.

:unsure: Mace fancy letting the cat out the bag.

Sharon

Guest Phil Richards

Bring it on !!!!!

Ken

Ken will see you there to buy you a drink you old git:laugh:

Guest SoulRenaissance

With the credit crunch and all it's second hand of everything at the moment. But i don't think i'll be going as far as Rob the Stick. (Just brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. Ouch! Mind you those underpants i was wearing last night were a bit tight).

Martyn

ooooh you've got some DJs on that are right up my street - Jordi and Johnny - and that Guanari fella ain't too shabby either!

geography has never been my strong point, and I have no real sense of direction... so where is Walsall?

you never know, I may manage to escape houdini style from the shackles that Michael locks me in for other peoples safety :wink:

ooooh you've got some DJs on that are right up my street - Jordi and Johnny - and that Guanari fella ain't too shabby either!

geography has never been my strong point, and I have no real sense of direction... so where is Walsall?

you never know, I may manage to escape houdini style from the shackles that Michael locks me in for other peoples safety wink.gif

Hiya Kirsty

You and your directions think it's about time M bought you a sat nav :thumbup: , Walsall is in the Midlands just off the M6 junction 10 but sure someone reading this from the area maybe able to give you some good directions. Would be great to see you if you can make it.

Sharon

I think it's in Poland...laugh.gif

If you can get down Kirsty, you would love it and we've our own little dance floor where we can be extra outlandish...thumbup.gif

If you wanna make a night of it, travel to ours first for a lift up and stay over night, then drive back in the morning...yes.gif

Promised I would put the phone number of the hotel up for those wishing to stay over it's 01922 624555 don't forget to the mention the soul night to get your 10% discount off the price of the room, the rooms are small but clean and the price includes breakfast.

Sharon

Guest BigPaul

Martyn, Kev,Sharon.

Should be six coming from Mansfield, think KevH and his missus will

be along alsothumbsup.gif

Car only seats five so were hoping to acquire a Bungee Rope for Kevthumbup.gifgood.gif

Best

Paul