RIC - TIC REVIEW , RITZ, 1983, QUESTION

Hello all, i was just rooting through some old stuff the other day when i came across an old flyer for the Ric-Tic Review held at the Ritz,Manchester 1983. I remember attending the aforementioned sunday dayer and enjoyed all the acts (Edwin Starr, Al Kent, Pat Lewis, J.J. Barnes, Laura Lee and Lou Ragland) the thing is if my ever fading memory serves me right i am certain one of the acts didn't appear (a good source thinks it may have been Laura Lee) just wondered if anyone could confirm this.

Brett

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest in town Mikey

Laure Lee definetly didnt come over. Wasnt this the first time they used the 'other' venue at Hinckley?? I think one of the acts complained about the stage at the original venue, and it had to be moved across the road, where they had a sturdier stage.

Social source share

Your right Mikey,Laura Lee definately didn't appear & if my memory serves me correctly that is why Lou Ragland came over as her replacement, could never work out why tho' !

Having said that pretty sure he was very good

Dave G

Social source share

Your right Mikey,Laura Lee definately didn't appear & if my memory serves me correctly that is why Lou Ragland came over as her replacement, could never work out why tho' !

Having said that pretty sure he was very good

the lou ragland spending my life loving you is the best track on the live recording i have...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!