Select Soul - Burton On Trent

Due to The Craythorne being booked on the Friday the next Select Soul night is on Saturday 11th July. Since we started this event in May 2008 it's gone from strength to strength and with this one being on the Saturday it should make it available to even more people. If you're into the sort of music that get's played at The Sunflower Lounge, United Sound of Soul, The Attic or Morley Carr then this could be well worth you visiting us.

Northern Soul Night on Saturday 11th July 2009 at The Craythorne Golf and Country Club, Stretton, Burton-on-Trent. DE13 0AZ

A night of quality underplayed across the board tunes from the 60s-70s-80s.

Guest DJ's John Weston and Woody

plus Mark and Jason.

8:00pm 1:00am - Admission £3

Car Parking-Wooden Dancefloor - Great Food Available

Always lots of record sellers

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&sll=52.839696,-1.635576&hl=en&q=The+Craythorne,+Craythorne+Road,+Stretton,+Burton-on-Trent,+DE13+0AZ.&ie=UTF8&z=16

For further details contact: Mark on: 07778 444011 or Jason on: 07789 992411

www.soulinburton.com

For info and pictures of the venue visit www.craythorne.co.uk

Edited by mormar44
  • Replies 38
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jez is there any let up in the quality of this jem of an event , as Mark says in his post ''if your into the music played at the Sunflower Lounge etc then this could well be worth a visit ''

p.s if not satisfied he will buy everyone a pint

Jez is there any let up in the quality of this jem of an event , as Mark says in his post ''if your into the music played at the Sunflower Lounge etc then this could well be worth a visit ''

I want a pint anyways :yes:

Due to The Craythorne being booked on the Friday the next Select Soul night is on Saturday 11th July. Since we started this event in May 2008 it's gone from strength to strength and with this one being on the Saturday it should make it available to even more people. If you're into the sort of music that get's played at The Sunflower Lounge, United Sound of Soul, The Attic or Morley Carr then this could be well worth you visiting us.

Northern Soul Night on Saturday 11th July 2009 at The Craythorne Golf and Country Club, Stretton, Burton-on-Trent. DE13 0AZ

A night of quality underplayed across the board tunes from the 60s-70s-80s.

Guest DJ's John Weston and Woody

plus Mark and Jason.

8:00pm - 1:00am - Admission £3

Car Parking-Wooden Dancefloor - Great Food Available

Always lots of record sellers

https://maps.google.c...Z.&ie=UTF8&z=16

For further details contact: Mark on: 07778 444011 or Jason on: 07789 992411

www.soulinburton.com

For info and pictures of the venue visit www.craythorne.co.uk

Booked the hotel tonight....been trying to get to this for sometime....we'll be there ,early doors....Mark I'll PM you our itinerary:laugh:.....T&J

Guest SoulRenaissance

Up for that then.

Martyn

Sadly when putting on an event like Select Soul for £3 admission we shan't be providing free beer :sleep3:

As you'll see from Maks avatar he is a Nottingham Forest fan so lives in a world full of fantasy and where disappointment is a regular companion !! :tumbleweed3:

However we are always being told that £3 is a bargain for what you do get :wicked:

Guest Rhonda

might have to make the long journey for this - nowt on telly after all good.gif

Thought you were having BBQ before the Craythorne , had you forgotten? laugh.gif

Guest Byrney

Thought you were having BBQ before the Craythorne , had you forgotten? laugh.gif

I had forgotten, I'd had 2 shandies at the Attic, thing are but a haze of that night :yes:

Edited by Byrney
Guest SoulRenaissance

And if you make your way over to the USOS, i'll buy you a pint whether you like it or not? Although with Dudley on this Friday, and Burton on the 11th should be a good taster to get you in the mood, as all three nights are ploughing the same furrow these days for QUALITY SOUL!

Martyn

The nearest budget hotel to The Craythorne is the Etap at the junction of the A38 and the A50 and is about 4 miles from the venue. The cost for a room is £32 per room per night.

Just looked on the website and it say's the hotel is full so phoned them and they say it's a fault with the website and they have plenty of rooms left. Best thing is to phone the Hotel direct on 01283 701816.

https://www.etaphotel.com/gb/hotel-6596-etap-hotel-etap-hotel-derby/index.shtml

Here's a link to other Hotels in the Burton-on-Trent area:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enGB241GB242&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Hotels+in+Burton-on-Trent&fb=1&split=1&gl=uk&view=text&ei=bnDfScr8Hpa1-Qak3p2SCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

Hope this helps,if anyone needs help with directions etc give us a call on 07778 444011 and we'll do our best.

Mark

Edited by mormar44
Guest Rhonda

OK I can take a hint:sad:

You drivin' again? Best let them know the bar takings will be down :laugh:

Have a safe journey see you Saturday thumbsup.gif

SAT NAV CODE DE13 0AZ

Edited by Rhonda
Guest SoulRenaissance

Mrs Soul, recommended this night to us, so we'll be coming over, see you there.

Good to see you there Tony, you'll enjoy it.

Martyn

We've sorted the DJ's out for the rest of the year and it should give people an idea of what we are about:

Saturday 11th July with Guests John Weston and Woody

Friday 18th September with Guests Simon Hunt and Martyn Bradley

Friday 13th November with Guests Kitch and Dean Anderson

Quality all the way and I'm well pleased.

Mark

We've sorted the DJ's out for the rest of the year and it should give people an idea of what we are about:

Saturday 11th July with Guests John Weston and Woody

Friday 18th September with Guests Simon Hunt and Martyn Bradley

Friday 13th November with Guests Kitch and Dean Anderson

Quality all the way and I'm well pleased.

Mark

so am I :rolleyes:

Guest SoulRenaissance

so am I :thumbup:

So am i! No seriously, the venues i'm attending at the moment have renewed my enthusiasm for this scene. You have to give credit to promoters of the Attic, Disciples of Soul, Lifeline, Burton, and those further afield that are keeping the flag flying.

Martyn

So am i! No seriously, the venues i'm attending at the moment have renewed my enthusiasm for this scene. You have to give credit to promoters of the Attic, Disciples of Soul, Lifeline, Burton, and those further afield that are keeping the flag flying.

Martyn

Folks, Ya won't be disappointed. We are aiming at the sounds and some more for those who remember the early Bretby and Albrighton days; fantastic. Can't wait. Oh, and just a reminder for John.. "Don't get too pissed when your driving the Decks..We have a couple of NEW Technics"whistling

Jas

Edited by BurtonianSoul
Guest SoulRenaissance

Folks, Ya won't be disappointed. We are aiming at the sounds and some more for those who remember the early Bretby and Albrighton days; fantastic. Can't wait. Oh, and just a reminder for John.. "Don't get too pissed when your driving the Decks..We have a couple of NEW Technics"whistling.gif

Jas

That's like talking to Gordon Brown.

Martyn

Hopefully be there Saturday.I might drive,don't want Steve miserable "all night long" do we?:D .Can't wait for another installment of Select soul.

No Paul tho'.He's saving himself for an all nighter.

Kev I love you, can we have some babies together?........... hang on a minute - you only said "might" drive, I'll retract that previous statement I'm not commiting myself yet....:mellow:

God it'll be quiet in the car whoever gets lumbered:ph34r::yes:

Guest BigPaul

Kev I love you, can we have some babies together?........... hang on a minute - you only said "might" drive, I'll retract that previous statement I'm not commiting myself yet....mellow.gif

God it'll be quiet in the car whoever gets lumberedph34r.gifyes.gif

Couldn't organise a piss up in a Brewery town, your two whistling.gif

Dont fall to sleep with no ICE on the way back yes.gif

(In Car Entertainment) that being me of course good.gif

Be Good

Paul

Edited by BigPaul

sat nite for me will be so so good, I just love soul select and what they bring to this scene, its a great venue, with a real good dance floor, loads of tunes to route through, oh and the music is good aswell, plus another chance to wind mark up,in the words of the wise one , oohhh yesssssss.

Guest Rhonda

Hopefully be there Saturday.I might drive,don't want Steve miserable "all night long" do we?biggrin.gif .Can't wait for another installment of Select soul.

No Paul tho'.He's saving himself for an all nighter.

Are you two bringing the girls with you? I was talking to Rocky Saturday she said she might venture out over the borderlamsey.gif

Come early and treat them to their tea biggrin.gif

See you Saturday

x

Guest SoulRenaissance

Martyn

Also forgot to mention USOS too. My passion folks.

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Me and the Holymans will be up tonight, looking forward to it.

Jordi

Should be there tonight, although i've been in zombie mode today. Dog rough. But managed to crawl to the pc.

Martyn

How quiet has it been while the sites been down !! yes.gif

Lots of texts and emails so it looks like its going to be a busy night.

And why should'nt it be, a fantastic venue full of like minded people plus 2 fantastic guests.

Really looking forward to tonight.

Mark