Dj Stand Up 2

Well the time has come, on November the 8th Soul for Heroes will present the poppy dayer at Balderton Leisure centre Newark in Notts.

Several dj's have already stepped up and offered there services to the cause but we still need more dj for the line up, once again the dayer will run 12 noon till midnight that's 24 dj's in total.

So do you have the time to offer your service, would you like to be part of this history making cause, then contact me the caveman or coop's by e-mail or pm .

Please note this event is booked and paid for and all equipment is sorted so rain, shine or war will not stop it taking place.

Soul for Heroes the poppy dayer "lest we forget"

Thanks

Pete

Caveman

• Replies 107
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well the time has come, on November the 8th Soul for Heroes will present the poppy dayer at Balderton Leisure centre Newark in Notts.

Several dj's have already stepped up and offered there services to the cause but we still need more dj for the line up, once again the dayer will run 12 noon till midnight that's 24 dj's in total.

So do you have the time to offer your service, would you like to be part of this history making cause, then contact me the caveman or coop's by e-mail or pm .

Please note this event is booked and paid for and all equipment is sorted so rain, shine or war will not stop it taking place.

Soul for Heroes the poppy dayer "lest we forget"

Thanks

Pete

Caveman

hi pete put my name up for this one

Guest smudgesmith

Due to popular demand Soul for Heroes will be holding yet another dance competition at the poppy dayer, this one will be sponsored by Newark's own Boundary Sound Radio station.

Massive thanks to Andy Jacko Jackson.

So who's up for this one?

Is Jacko entering..........if he does i will :good:

is Dougie Hall busy that day? (just asking) :shhh:

r u just taking the piss or what

if you want to stir ring me personally

i dont have a problem

and wil be supporting in anyway i can although as i am elsewhere that weekend as you well know

best of luck to all who support anything thats going on

and as Our Shonas charity raffle this year at Sweetsoul in September was always for help for heroes

we support at the radio station and at sweetsoul any charitable event for our fallen boys,

KTF i do

r u just taking the piss or what

if you want to stir ring me personally

i dont have a problem

and wil be supporting in anyway i can although as i am elsewhere that weekend as you well know

best of luck to all who support anything thats going on

and as Our Shonas charity raffle this year at Sweetsoul in September was always for help for heroes

we support at the radio station and at sweetsoul any charitable event for our fallen boys,

KTF i do

sorry Doug, guess I must have hit a raw spot, apologies to you if you are offended by my jest-ful remark, it was not meant to offend.

By your reaction and support of this event i guess there is no truth to the rumour that you will 'ban' any dee-jay appearing at Soul for Heroes from dee-jaying at your Newark club and/or that anyone attending Soul for Heroes (newark) will not be welcomed at your club?

I didn't start this rumour but many people have heard it, now's your chance to put it to bed and tell the rumour-mongers just how wrong they are.

Also apologies to Caveman for bringing this adverse reaction on such a worthy thread, i only hope all can be settled and we can move forward together for the greater cause which is a cause that makes our own petty egos seem sooooo far down the moral food-chain.

What rumours as stated by Pete on the Dean Anderson show Sweetsoul Jox and Promoters are involved and one of the Promoters

Rdio stations are supporting the dance competition

and if I hadnt ave been on the pancrak would have donated from Sweetsoul to same competition

The only person who i can see is trying to be !"Jestful " isnt me and if you had bothered to return my call I wouldnt be writing this now,

my tel no you have, talk if you can,its simple and as for me putting to bed something you have created, dont need to.

it doesnt exist,

What rumours as stated by Pete on the Dean Anderson show Sweetsoul Jox and Promoters are involved and one of the Promoters

and if I hadnt ave been on the pancrak would have donated from Sweetsoul to same competition

The only person who i can see is trying to be !"Jestful " isnt me and if you had bothered to return my call I wouldnt be writing this now,

my tel no you have, talk if you can,its simple and as for me putting to bed something you have created, dont need to.

it doesnt exist,

Gonna bang your 2 thick heads together but reckon it will be like dropping 2 crates of water melons off a cliff :D all mushy like :laugh:

I,m up for this Pete, Pm'd you !!

Ian.

it doesnt exist,

thanks for straightening that out doug. oh, by the way, I didn't 'create' anything, the person you spoke to created it, i'm just the only fooker with the brass-balls to ask the question and give you opportunity to quash the 'rumour' in public and NOT perpetuate it behind your back like so many others are doing so..... "thanks for that mick"......"think nothing of it doug".

once again, apologies to Pete for using this thread but as with everything on SS the hits will triple with a bit of controversy, not my intension just physics, such is human nature :lol:

Well once again the controversy starts and rumours fly, I must admit I had heard the same rumour from several people but I choose to treat them with the contempt they deserve, after all like Soul for Heroes I am above the petite politics that flow through Northern Soul.

I would like to make clear that Sweet Soul Newark is NOT involved in the production of the day how ever two of its dj's have offered to grace our decks, and on behalf of SFH I have accepted.

Now Andy Jackson who is one of the dj 's is also the owner of Boundary Sound Radio and has offered to sponsor the dance completion once again I am very thankful to him for this kind donation, and the radio time he has offered us.

Can I now point out once again SFH is not about me or the dj's ,it's not about producing a regular soul night and it's not about the politics it's been formed to help our brave wounded lad's and lasses of our armed forces "god bless them".

I will not be bring coops to task over this as a wound caught early can be cured quickly and is not left to fester and be made worse,.

Doug you and I fell out just before the first SFH over words that you may not have meant to say or I interpreted wrongly , I personally feel you have not started this rumour but I am sure I know who has.

Any way nuff said lets get back to making lots of cash for this very worth cause

Well once again the controversy starts and rumours fly, I must admit I had heard the same rumour from several people but I choose to treat them with the contempt they deserve, after all like Soul for Heroes I am above the petite politics that flow through Northern Soul.

I would like to make clear that Sweet Soul Newark is NOT involved in the production of the day how ever two of its dj's have offered to grace our decks, and on behalf of SFH I have accepted.

Now Andy Jackson who is one of the dj 's is also the owner of Boundary Sound Radio and has offered to sponsor the dance completion once again I am very thankful to him for this kind donation, and the radio time he has offered us.

Can I now point out once again SFH is not about me or the dj's ,it's not about producing a regular soul night and it's not about the politics it's been formed to help our brave wounded lad's and lasses of our armed forces "god bless them".

I will not be bring coops to task over this as a wound caught early can be cured quickly and is not left to fester and be made worse,.

Doug you and I fell out just before the first SFH over words that you may not have meant to say or I interpreted wrongly , I personally feel you have not started this rumour but I am sure I know who has.

Any way nuff said lets get back to making lots of cash for this very worth cause

Quite right.. Let's not detract from the aim & purpose of this event, instead, put any & all personal interjections where they belong: Off-Line !!

I've offered my support via a pm to Pete.. If there is ANYTHING else I can do to assist I'm only too willing yes.gif and look forward to giving support whether I'm on the DJ rosta or not. good.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

Quite right.. Let's not detract from the aim & purpose of this event, instead, put any & all personal interjections where they belong: Off-Line !!

I've offered my support via a pm to Pete.. If there is ANYTHING else I can do to assist I'm only too willing :yes: and look forward to giving support whether I'm on the DJ rosta or not. :good:

Fingers.. shades

Thanks chap i will be sorting things out over the next few week your names on the list.

pete

CONFIRMED dee-jays so far include:

CRESSY

SMUDGE

COOPS

CAVEMAN

DAWN

IAN GEE

CARL PIPER

GUS

FRANK

STEVE GREENLY

KEV DRAPER (NEWARK)

ROB YATES

PAUL DONNELLY

ANDY JACKSON

GEZ LANGLY

DAVE KNIGHT

SAM EVENS

IAN PARKER

HELEN AND MARTIN

CARL & MARIA WILLINGHAM

details of dance comp prizes coming in on:

https://soulforheroes.../poppydayer.htm

Hi Pete very sorry but due to other commitments that day but would have loved to come and dj for a great cause one day i might be able to match up with your dates but if there is anything any of the Metrodome crew can do to help you out just ask us and we will make sure you get a raffle prize off us before the date well done mate for doing these events i have to take my hat off to you all the best Yocky and Joy.

Hi Pete very sorry but due to other commitments that day but would have loved to come and dj for a great cause one day i might be able to match up with your dates but if there is anything any of the Metrodome crew can do to help you out just ask us and we will make sure you get a raffle prize off us before the date well done mate for doing these events i have to take my hat off to you all the best Yocky and Joy.

yes Yocky, you can help the whole country by STEPPING AWAY FROM THOSE SPEEDOS!!! :lol::thumbsup::g::shades:

thanks for straightening that out doug. oh, by the way, I didn't 'create' anything, the person you spoke to created it, i'm just the only fooker with the brass-balls to ask the question and give you opportunity to quash the 'rumour' in public and NOT perpetuate it behind your back like so many others are doing so..... "thanks for that mick"......"think nothing of it doug".

once again, apologies to Pete for using this thread but as with everything on SS the hits will triple with a bit of controversy, not my intension just physics, such is human nature :thumbup:

bloody hell talk about bollocks following bollocks but I'm gonna have to respond to this shyte.

Pete 1st off you know why I couldn't/didn't want to attend the last gig but really wanted to show my support by offering a few quid as one on my mates sons got wacked over in Iran.

This time around I am determied to offer my support via my collection on Nov 8th and if my inclusion adds one more payin punter I'll be well chuffed,

As for Mick Cooper, well Mick is Coops, never frighted to use the Internet and especially a designatewd thread to ridicule/chastise/embarrass individuals who have lets suggest unable to do "the whole thing" Does Mick Cooper not know said individuals contact no? Surely it would be better for all concerned to deal with this behind closed doors???

The last time I attempted to use the power of the interent to chastise Coops he blocked all response avenues, however some can climb up over that carp, polotics and back stabbing shit and offer an olive brancj, comp tickets to the Wirrina reunion was met with a middle finger from our top geezer Mick Coopet.

Say what you think Coops but FFS think about what you say :thumbup:

Edited by PaulDonnelly

bloody hell talk about bollocks following bollocks but I'm gonna have to respond to this shyte.

Pete 1st off you know why I couldn't/didn't want to attend the last gig but really wanted to show my support by offering a few quid as one on my mates sons got wacked over in IRan.

This time around I am determied to offer my support via my collection on Nov 8th and if my inclusion adds one more payin punter I'll be well chuffed,

As for Mick Cooper, well Mick IS Coops, never frighted to use the Internet and especially a designatewd thread to ridicule/chastise/embarrass individuals who have lets suggest unable to do "the whole thing" Does Mick Cooper not know said individuals contact no? Surely it would be better for all concerned to deal with this behind closed doors???

The last time I used the power of the interent to chastise Coops he blocked all response avenues, however some can climb up over that carp, polotics and back stabbing shit and offer an olive brancj, comp tickets to the Wirrina reunion was met with a middle finger from our top geezer Mick Coopet.

Say what you think Coops but FFS think about what you say :thumbup:

off a ducks back paul, even though it's not really anything to do with you.

you and your opinions mean nothing to me what so ever as you don't even know me, but i don't wish you ill for them and you have the right to post them, as we all do.

we shared a pizza once when i helped you out with the velvellettes and that's about the only time we've ever spoke, but, i am glad that you are helping the Soul for Heroes event out, as you did last time and for that I thank you.

As for sticking your nose in other peoples business.... to be expected i suppose but i forgive you for that because i know where your misguided vitriol comes from.

p.s. haven't a clue what you're on about with wirrina tickets.

off a ducks back paul, even though it's not really anything to do with you.

you and your opinions mean nothing to me what so ever as you don't even know me, but i don't wish you ill for them and you have the right to post them, as we all do.

we shared a pizza once when i helped you out with the velvellettes and that's about the only time we've ever spoke, but, i am glad that you are helping the Soul for Heroes event out, as you did last time and for that I thank you.

As for sticking your nose in other peoples business.... to be expected i suppose but i forgive you for that because i know where your misguided vitriol comes from.

p.s. haven't a clue what you're on about with wirrina tickets.

1-where does my misguided vitriol come from? .go boy go, let the www know..

2-as for the Wirrina tickets check your mobile text inbox 07840869895.. sent -2/07 @ 14=06=11pm

then again you may have me on blob? my point was why attempt to emabarras Doug

Edited by PaulDonnelly

1-where does my misguided vitriol come from? .go boy go, let the www know..

2-as for the Wirrina tickets check your mobile text inbox 07840869895.. sent -2/07 @ 14=06=11pm

then again you may have me on blob? my point was why attempt to emabarras Doug

Not had that number for a long long time as those with my number will concur.

but, I have now decided to pull out of Soul for Heroes because I feel that you seem to be determined to take the focus off the event and turn it onto your opinions on me, i understand why you are doing it but I don't think Petes efforts should suffer due to your petty insecurities.

Hope you have a great time at Newark and all those who attend and I wish the event all the success in the world.

Gentlemen please this has been laid to rest as I have said in my response so please let it go Soul for Heroes is not political is about our brave lads and lasses.

I know you two don't see eye to eye and I except that, I considered it a great thing when Paul offered his services knowing coops was on the line up.

I must say this Coops is a named trustee for soul for heroes and as such has the right to refuse any dj a place on the line up, but when I informed him of Pauls offer he said yes to a spot with out reservation I think this shows a great olive branch on his behalf.

Please let this be the last of it and let's get back to the reason we are doing this.

Coops i will see you Friday and we will sort this, i do not want you to pull out of the line up.

Guest smudgesmith

Right Pete bring it on lets take the roof off.Dont know what the total raised so far but sure we can increase this big time.

Me and Jacko in the dance comp..................he tell ya what will get folk there Paul entering as well :rolleyes:

What do ya say mush(Paul) you up for it?

PS has the venue got one of those soul music limiters??????????

just to squash any rumours before they get started.

Last night my wife accepted an invitation to attend her best friends wedding in Spain the weekend of Nov 7th, therefore I am unable to attend the poppy day. Mick Cooper and Pete have been informed.

Mick stop acting like a big girls blouse and contact your mate Pete NOW and tell him you've had a sleep, overeacted to the twat that is me and make sure you get along to Newark.

Ftao of Smudge Smith, dancing comp? you'd have no chance mush...Ive been in practise for three days ---->

mind you they tell me Minit has been putting some hours on wasteland behind his house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvWlvXCsz0&feature=related

Edited by PaulDonnelly

just to squash any rumours before they get started.

Last night my wife accepted an invitation to attend her best friends wedding in Spain the weekend of Nov 7th, therefore I am unable to attend the poppy day. Mick Cooper and Pete have been informed.

Mick stop acting like a big girls blouse and contact your mate Pete NOW and tell him you've had a sleep, overeacted to the twat that is me and make sure you get along to Newark.

Ftao of Smudge Smith, dancing comp? you'd have no chance mush...Ive been in practise for three days ---->

mind you they tell me Minit has been putting some hours on wasteland behind his house

https://www.youtube.c...feature=related

i shall be taking Paul's advice.

After the text he sent me last night i realised that pulling out was not the appropriate action but it is a shame Paul can't be there as well, not heard him dee-jay since Dean Parrish @ the Boro college.

Right Pete bring it on lets take the roof off.Dont know what the total raised so far but sure we can increase this big time.

Me and Jacko in the dance comp..................he tell ya what will get folk there Paul entering as well :D

Kinnell , I'll sling a £20 if Paul D enters the dance comp , can you imagine if he made a wrong step . F*@~K , Bo**O#KS , F*"~#IN BA*##RD , W*~#KER.

i shall be taking Paul's advice.

After the text he sent me last night i realised that pulling out was not the appropriate action but it is a shame Paul can't be there as well, not heard him dee-jay since Dean Parrish @ the Boro college.

I acknowledge your mature side and sincerely hope you one day apologise for the latest postings about one who has "petty insecurities" followed by " misguided vitriol".

PD

Guest Midge

Carl & Maria Willingham, what fantastic sets they played at Sutton, it would be worth the admission price for them alone but I see another cracking line up has been organised. Well done guys :shades:

I acknowledge your mature side and sincerely hope you one day apologise for the latest postings about one who has "petty insecurities" followed by " misguided vitriol".

PD

sometimes I, like many others open our mouths before taking stock of any 'fall-out' so I am sorry if my posting offended you, it was innappropriate and not good form, upon reflection I should have just kept any such thoughts to myself.

Carl & Maria Willingham, what fantastic sets they played at Sutton, it would be worth the admission price for them alone but I see another cracking line up has been organised. Well done guys :shades:

i'm with you on that one Midge, luckily we get to hear them twice at a friends wedding anniversary in early August, pure class. good.gif

Guest Midge

i'm with you on that one Midge, luckily we get to hear them twice at a friends wedding anniversary in early August, pure class. good.gif

Nice duo to have at a wedding anniversary do thats for sure. I'll just hope I get to hear them again at Newark in November?

I can never be sure of owt these days if you get my drift Michael?

Nice duo to have at a wedding anniversary do thats for sure. I'll just hope I get to hear them again at Newark in November?

I can never be sure of owt these days if you get my drift Michael?

yes, i do get your drift but..... here's the rub, i think Mick & Mo may be at the same anniversary (or did I dream that bit, sure Skeggsoul will put me right on that one)

Guest smudgesmith

imestamp='1247080904' post='1111009']

twenty quid from me to see them jacko and smudge shaking there booty in the dance comp

Have i got to dance to all three records or heres the score Ill do one Jacko can do another..........come on Andy help me out here Im digging deeper all the time.

Note to self.....keep gob shut.

Have i got to dance to all three records or heres the score Ill do one Jacko can do another..........come on Andy help me out here Im digging deeper all the time.

Note to self.....keep gob shut.

i think the donations are in for a 'dance-off' which would mean both on the floor at the same time! whistling.gif

Me and Jacko in the dance comp..................he tell ya what will get folk there Paul entering as well whistling.gif

Hmmm - Dance competition - Shouldnt be a problem - I'll dance in a Modern Soul Stylie (step to the left step to the right) and Smudge can do all the floorwork, that will work a treat.

Very happy to be involved in this event and would like to re iterate

THERE IS NO ISSUE BETWEEN SWEET SOUL AND SOUL FOR HEROES - PETE HAS THE FULL BACKING OF SWEET SOUL NEWARK FOR THIS EVENT AND IS WELCOME TO PROMOTE IT AT SWEET SOUL - I DONT DO POLITICS IT GETS IN THE WAY OF GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT PEOPLE. LETS PUT OUR DIFFERENCES TO ONE SIDE AND CONCENTRATE ON PACKING OUT THIS EVENT. I WOULD EVEN DJ AN OLDIES SPOT TO MAKE SURE I SUPPORTED THIS EVENT (TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY)