The Controllers Live In Uk

Guest soultempo

Guest soultempo

TRUESOUL.CO.UK 1st YEAR ANNIVERSARY *SPECIAL*

SATURDAY 22nd AUGUST 2009

PRESENTS LIVE & DIRECT FROM THE USA ...

THE CONTROLLERS (With Full USA Backing Band)

truesoulkenny1.jpg

truesoulkenny2.jpg

THE GRAMAPHONE

60-62 Commercial Street

Spitalfields

LONDON

E1 6LT

https://www.thegramaphone.co.uk

9PM - 3.30AM / Tickets: Only £15

Details: www.truesoul.co.uk

Phone: 0207 402 9559

Tickets On Sale: Crazy Beat Records / Soul Brother Records / Truesoul.co.uk

2 x ROOMS = 10 x MODERN SOUL DJs!

Your DJ Hosts:

FISH

ED STOKES

BOB SMITH

KENNY MAC

TERRY JONES

MICK FARRER

GARY DENNIS

ADY POUNTAIN

SHAUN ROBBINS

GARETH DONOVAN

Mick O'Donnell

TO PRESENT THE CONTROLLERS

Accommodation: IBIS HOTEL Commercial Street 0207 422 8400 (Close To Venue)

Edited by soultempo
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soultempo

Hiya Sean ...

hope everything's going really well ...

Re: Lenny Williams ... i think one or two crucial band members were unfortunately unable to attend ... hence, the Controllers have stepped in.

The Controllers have a stash of new material out too ...

And wow ... there voices are as good as ever ... & arguably, some of there finest material todate !!!

One of their mid-tempo tracks coming out soon, (via Mick O'Donnell & the USA CDS label - i believe?) is absolutely *stunning* ... !

very best wishes, Shaun.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest soultempo

quick update ... not 100% sure that Crazy Beat have tickets, however, if you're struggling then give Bob Smith at Upfront Records in Brighton a call, as that's where friends got there's. Bob's number, 01273 774832.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soultempo

... tickets on sale at soul brother records putney, crazy beat records and bob's uptight records brighton ... tickets selling very, very fast ...

just weeks away ...

best, shaun.

Hi shaun

we have our tickets for this one and was speaking to kenny a few moments ago.

All looks set for an excellent night of Modern and Crossover soul music in the capitol.

cut and pasted below to add a few bits to this

True soul 1st Anniversary Soul Night @Gramaphone, 60-62 Commercial Street SPITTLEFIELDS London E1 6LT

Live and direct from the USA with Full live US band

The First ever UK appearance by The Controllers

9.30 pm to 3.30 am 

Quality Modern & Crossover Soul Sounds

In 2 rooms

spun by TERRY JONES, KENNY MAC, GARY DENNIS & MICK FARRER

Plus Gareth Donovan, Ady Pountain, Shaun Robbins, Ed Stokes, fish & Bob Smith

Advance tickets £15 and booking details visit www.truesoul.com

Looks like its going to be a packer with lots of people travelling for this one !

See you there 

Rob & Karen

Guest soultempo

Thanks Rob ... all indications are pointing to a packer ... could be an amazing atmospheric eve ... Soul folk confirmed travelling from Scotland ... Italia ... Holland ... etc ...

best, Shaun.

... tickets can be purchased from Soul Brother Records, Putney ... also Bob Smith @ Uptight Records in Brighton ...

Thanks Rob ... all indications are pointing to a packer ... could be an amazing atmospheric eve ... Soul folk confirmed travelling from Scotland ... Italia ... Holland ... etc ...

best, Shaun.

... tickets can be purchased from Soul Brother Records, Putney ... also Bob Smith @ Uptight Records in Brighton ...

Got my tickets Shaun looking forward to it.

Just like to say how much we are looking forward to this-its not often you get a chance to see one of the classic 70s groups together on these shores and congatulations on the clubs 1st anniversary !

Still some tickets available at £15 an absolute bargain for a great night out in the smoke !

R & K 

best, Shaun.

and Manchester! thumbup.gif coming down on friday night, going to make a weekend of it me thinks. Tickets sorted anyway.

Sounds like the perfect way to spend my birthday!

Jayne.x.

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can anybody tell me what time the Controllers will be on stage at please? TIA

I'd like to know when showtime is too, please, Shaun!

Having bought tickets it's not that I am planning not to be there for most of the night anyway, it'd just be good to know upfront...

Guest Bernadette

Hi Bernadette, Are you going by train? If so what time?

M

Not sure yet Martin...was wondering if anyone was meeting for a drink before it all kicks off.....don't think the place opens until 9 including the upstairs bar??? Anyone know???

Guest soultempo

As mentioned above, a larger venue change has had to be arranged due to ticket demand (the previous size venue sold out completely) ... the good news is the new venue is literally minutes away from the original. And don't worry, Soul folk will definitely be re-directed to it on the night!

the Controllers are live on stage approx. 11.30 pm' ish ... i hope this helps ... best, Shaun.

ps. the venue will be open till 4.00am ...

Edited by soultempo

Kenny and I are still in a state of shock over what happened on Saturday, I still can't believe the outcome.

One thing for sure is that Kenny and I are not to blame for the events that unfolded.

Having got a call from Kenny about four weeks ago I contacted the group who were ready to come over to the UK. Having put the two parties together everything was going smoothly.

But having landed in the UK they were all held and questioned, I know that Kenny was in touch with immigration for several hours trying to sort it out. There was simply not anything anyone could do and immigration were not shifting in their position.

Today I have spoken with Leonard and he can not believe what has happened, they were all through immigration with there passports stamped except the last remaining member of the band. He was detained and when Leonard went back to see what had happened they were all detained by an immigration officer who we believe to be racist and ignorant to what was going on. Leonard has made the observation that he has never encountered such racism even in the deep south.

Today he is at the American Embassy receiving advice. They are also seeking legal advice. Even through all what they have sadly encountered they want to come back and fulfil there commitment to the UK/Europe soul crowd.

Mick