Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover

SATURDAY 18th JULY , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.00am

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet

SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - MICK H, CHIC, STEVIE Z, MARK BAILDON, BUDGIE,

PAUL HAVEKIN, TONY JACKSON + TBA

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony 07973-809492 greatstonesoul@googlemail.com

Mark 07939-872534 markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-1640

• Replies 55
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

The Greatstone Hotel

Posting this up in plenty of time for what promises to be a great night. Superb line up this month. The mighty Mick H, and the small but perfectly formed Chic, two top guys with some heart stopping tunes between them. Quite a number of birthdays being celebrated on the night too, really should be special, just hope the weather cool's before then.

Tony

Looking forward to this months guest Mick H i missed him last time as i was away on holiday. and Chic probably double decking with tony keep up the 2 ronnies routines on the turntables :thumbup: hope the heatwave is over by then or we may have to force adrian to get some air con.

mark

Edited by mark.b

The Greatstone Hotel

Rescue missionph34r.gif

wicked.gif

Looking forward to this months guest Mick H i missed him last time as i was away on holiday. and Chic probably double decking with tony keep up the 2 ronnies routines on the turntables biggrin.gif hope the heatwave is over by then or we may have to force adrian to get some air con.

mark

Interesting fact Mark, OK, maybe not that interesting....Chic and I both share the same birthday......obviously not the same yearno.gif ....have a good holiday.....Tony

The Greatstone Hotel

Hi Tony/Mark

Was a shame i missed Dave Rip last month ,but thanx to you guys pulling in the best dj's in the land yes.gif

Im lookin forward to seeing you guy's again for what looks set to be another brilliant nightthumbup.gif

Oh and Mark ,slightly off topic .....my ex workmate who happens to be a Man Utd season ticket ,used to rib his best mate(liverpool fan),that Michael Owen would be useless once he lost his paceyes.gif

Let's hope he got that wrong ehwicked.gif

Speak soon

atb Nevgood.gif

Hi Tony/Mark

Was a shame i missed Dave Rip last month ,but thanx to you guys pulling in the best dj's in the land yes.gif

Im lookin forward to seeing you guy's again for what looks set to be another brilliant nightthumbup.gif

Oh and Mark ,slightly off topic .....my ex workmate who happens to be a Man Utd season ticket ,used to rib his best mate(liverpool fan),that Michael Owen would be useless once he lost his paceyes.gif

Let's hope he got that wrong ehwicked.gif

Speak soon

atb Nevgood.gif

SHOULD HAVE SINED MARK OWEN...IN FACT ALL OF TAKE THAT !!! MAYBE THE CRANKIES AS THE BACK TWO ....TO KEEP THE CROWD ENTERTAINED IN THOSE LONG PERIODS WHEN THE DEVILS ARE UP THE OTHER END ...........CELEBRITY SIGNINGS IS THE WAY FORWARD...THE REAL BILLY SMARTS UTD...ON BIG TOP I THINK whistling.gif

CPTN DAHOUSE

Hi Tony/Mark

Was a shame i missed Dave Rip last month ,but thanx to you guys pulling in the best dj's in the land :yes:

Im lookin forward to seeing you guy's again for what looks set to be another brilliant night:thumbup:

Oh and Mark ,slightly off topic .....my ex workmate who happens to be a Man Utd season ticket ,used to rib his best mate(liverpool fan),that Michael Owen would be useless once he lost his pace:yes:

Let's hope he got that wrong eh:wicked:

Speak soon

atb Nev:good:

hi nev

so you mean owen had pace once.

mark

:wicked:

Interesting fact Mark, OK, maybe not that interesting....Chic and I both share the same birthday......obviously not the same year:no: ....have a good holiday.....Tony

This being the birthday month for the Greatstone Mine, Tony's, Budgies,Les Hares,and i think it is Mick H's as well i maybe wrong though, but a good month for celebrations.

mark

This being the birthday month for the Greatstone Mine, Tony's, Budgies,Les Hares,and i think it is Mick H's as well i maybe wrong though, but a good month for celebrations.

mark

Not a good month for anyone buying a friend a birthday drink:no:

Owen had pace when he scored that goal against the Argies Mark .....that's about the only time i can recall:tongue:

Sides looking good though ...Tevez and Ronaldo out ....Owen and Valencia in:ohmy:

Fergie missed his last appointment at the quacks ????

Off to the bookies with my prediction for next yr .... .CHELSEA

LIVERPOOL

ARSENAL

EVERTON

MAN CITY

MAN UTD:yes:

Not a good month for anyone buying a friend a birthday drink:no:

Owen had pace when he scored that goal against the Argies Mark .....that's about the only time i can recall:tongue:

Sides looking good though ...Tevez and Ronaldo out ....Owen and Valencia in:ohmy:

LIVERPOOL

ARSENAL

EVERTON

MAN CITY

MAN UTD:yes:

Nev,

I think me and thee need to shake hands on a small wager for next season:yes:

The Greatstone Hotel

Final rounds before bedtime....a 'Wee' reminderph34r.gif

Nev,

I think me and thee need to shake hands on a small wager for next seasonyes.gif

Just checked the odds at the bookies for this lot Tony ..waste of time ,they only gave me evens for that predictionlaugh.gif

How about a copy of "make my love a hurting thing " on BANG BANG that Man utd don't win anything next season????

Edited by NEV

Just checked the odds at the bookies for this lot Tony ..waste of time ,they only gave me evens for that predictionlaugh.gif

How about a copy of "make my love a hurting thing " on BANG BANG that Man utd don't win anything next season????

That North East humour is wasted on me Nevlaugh.gif .....I'll have a think about "make my love a hurtin' thing" offer.....not for too long though......Tony

The Greatstone Hotel

A gentle nudgegood.gif

mark

IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF 'PRINCE BUSTER' ...'TIME LONGER THAN ROPE ' !!!! TOP TUNE ..CY'ALL THERE !!!

CPTN SKARLET INDISTRUCTIBLE ..WHATEVA !!!!!!!!!

Not a good month for anyone buying a friend a birthday drinkno.gif

Owen had pace when he scored that goal against the Argies Mark .....that's about the only time i can recalltongue.gif

Sides looking good though ...Tevez and Ronaldo out ....Owen and Valencia inohmy.gif

LIVERPOOL

ARSENAL

EVERTON

MAN CITY

MAN UTDyes.gif

Hi Nev

Think we may call this a rebuilding year but i dont think chelsea or city will finish above us if they play the way they played last season think liverpool will be in with the best shout, City may have too many new players to gel quickly enough so i think they will start poor.

mark

Hi Nev

Think we may call this a rebuilding year but i dont think chelsea or city will finish above us if they play the way they played last season think liverpool will be in with the best shout, City may have too many new players to gel quickly enough so i think they will start poor.

mark

All will be forgiven if we get Torres:wicked: ......should of had him first time round........anyway fresh back from Craythorne at Derby last night, cracking do, Mark, Liz, Brian and Gill made us very welcome, well recomended.

Just a week away from our own next night of quality soul, already a nice buzz about this one, not a surprise really with such a classy line-up....come on down.

The Greatstone Hotel

Just keepin' us on the 'Radar':rolleyes:

Well ,its not too long now for my impending trip across the penninesno.gif

Been a few months so am lookin forward to another top ,top night at THE GREATSTONEthumbup.gif

Any fellow sourcers or voyuers not yet been ,get yourself there and introduce yourselves.

Seeya Saturday Guy's and Gal'ssmile.gif

Well ,its not too long now for my impending trip across the penninesno.gif

Been a few months so am lookin forward to another top ,top night at THE GREATSTONEthumbup.gif

Any fellow sourcers or voyuers not yet been ,get yourself there and introduce yourselves.

Seeya Saturday Guy's and Gal'ssmile.gif

Thanks for that Nev....yep things shaping up nicely....in touch with a few people yesterday, Mick H is 'raring' to go if you'll pardon the pun...whilst I'm on does anybody know how to access the Refosoul clip player/search......dropped a message to Mike, but I'm sure he's pretty tied up with other issues.

Tony

Thanks for that Nev....yep things shaping up nicely....in touch with a few people yesterday, Mick H is 'raring' to go if you'll pardon the pun...whilst I'm on does anybody know how to access the Refosoul clip player/search......dropped a message to Mike, but I'm sure he's pretty tied up with other issues.

Tony

Refosoul clip player/search is down at present, you also cannot upload tunes to Refosoul. There is an explanation under Members Feedback forum on a thread named Chaos and Turmoil posted up by Mike.

Suz

x

Refosoul clip player/search is down at present, you also cannot upload tunes to Refosoul. There is an explanation under Members Feedback forum on a thread named Chaos and Turmoil posted up by Mike.

Suz

x

Hi Suzanne wiil you be coming along with Nev for your first visit the Greatstone.

Mark

Suz

x

Thanks for that Suz, I looked in Chaos & Turmoil, Mike suggested I use the pop-up player instead, can't find itexcl.gif anyway, I'll just wait for normal service to be resumed.......hope you can make it Sat,,,,,,Tony

will post up the Dj times nearer the day but as Tony will be 50 i wont subject him to the last hour as he may do a Paul and be tired and emotional before then (cameras at the ready) :laugh:

Mark

Mark, I have a couple more weeks before I reach my half century:yes: Chic and I will be totally 'sorted' for any time you require our serviceswhistling

Mark, I have a couple more weeks before I reach my half centuryyes.gif Chic and I will be totally 'sorted' for any time you require our serviceswhistling.gif

2 more weeks dont make any difference you are still a member of the old git club :thumbup: a fast growing private members club :lol:

mark

Well ,its not too long now for my impending trip across the pennines:no:

Been a few months so am lookin forward to another top ,top night at THE GREATSTONE:thumbup:

Seeya Saturday Guy's and Gal's:smile:

Who's driving Nev.

mark

Dj times as follows

8.00 till 10.30 Budgie and Stevie to share (if they read this make sure you are early chaps)

10.30 till 12.00 Tony and Chic

12.00 till 1.00 Mick H

1.00 till 2.00 Mark (this will please mr Bentley) :laugh:

Mark

I think we may need to re-think this one Marko:yes::laugh:

Edited by Tony Jackson

Really sorry we are going to miss this as I am on at the Wilton on Friday the 17th and if I didnt have a family barbecue to attend on Saturday we would have definately came along.

Good old Scottish summer weather is forecast for Saturday so my sister has the duffle coats standing by to hand out to everybody.

Have a brilliant night (as always at the Greatstone) and hopefully we will see you all soon,

Ask Mick to play his Dynamics "Im a lonely man" on Dyna what a record.

Keith

Hi Mark

The good lady does the driving as im not too clever behind a wheel of a car:no:

Passed my test after 4 goes.......and never drove since:ohmy:

Stopping over ,when i book the room??

Why do you ask????

just wondered if you were being driven by suzanne this time, i am sure you are a good driver just buy something big and tough then if you crash it does more damage to the other vehicle.

see you tomorrow

mark

Really sorry we are going to miss this as I am on at the Wilton on Friday the 17th and if I didnt have a family barbecue to attend on Saturday we would have definately came along.

Good old Scottish summer weather is forecast for Saturday so my sister has the duffle coats standing by to hand out to everybody.

Have a brilliant night (as always at the Greatstone) and hopefully we will see you all soon,

Keith

Pray for rain and book a room at the Jacksons mansion :thumbup: would have been nice to see you both Have a good one on friday.

mark

Keith

Hi Guys,

Really up for our double dose of Manchester's finest this weekend.......as always looking forward to the varied music from the Greatstone chaps and quality tunes guaranteed from Mick H and Chic......... lost track of how many birthday boys there are so perhaps you can all wear badges !!

Kev doing a Ready Steady Girls type spot at Beat Boutique tonight so hope he goes down as well as you and the Greatstone boys did Keith Good to see you both at Cleethorpes and hope the duffle coats are surplus to requirements.......

See you all tomorrow night

L Linda n Kev x

Hi Guys,

Really up for our double dose of Manchester's finest this weekend.......as always looking forward to the varied music from the Greatstone chaps and quality tunes guaranteed from Mick H and Chic......... lost track of how many birthday boys there are so perhaps you can all wear badges !!

Kev doing a Ready Steady Girls type spot at Beat Boutique tonight so hope he goes down as well as you and the Greatstone boys did Keith Good to see you both at Cleethorpes and hope the duffle coats are surplus to requirements.......

See you all tomorrow night

L Linda n Kev x

Hi linda i am sure kev will go down well tonight enjoy yourselves, and see if you can drag any of those young un's to the Greatstone tomorrow if the oldies can do 2 nights in a row should be easy for the youngsters :thumbup:

be nice to see you both. Birthday boys are Myself, Tony, Budgie, Chic, and Les but Les is otherwise engaged. if wearing a badge means it your birthday there may be quite a few laugh.gif

Mark

Keith

Aw shame you can't make it Keith ,would have been nice if you and the good lady was there again .

Have a good one at Wilton if yo uhavent already set offthumbsup.gif

Thanks for that Suz, I looked in Chaos & Turmoil, Mike suggested I use the pop-up player instead, can't find itexcl.gif anyway, I'll just wait for normal service to be resumed.......hope you can make it Sat,,,,,,Tony

No worries, I'm not coming to this Greatstone, though I have heard a lot of positive stuff about this do and not just from Nev so will be coming down to the Greatstone in the future.

Have a good one. thumbup.gif

Suz

x

No worries, I'm not coming to this Greatstone, though I have heard a lot of positive stuff about this do and not just from Nev so will be coming down to the Greatstone in the future.

Have a good one. thumbup.gif

Suz

x

looking forward to meeting you suzanne see you soon.

mark