The Rayons On Decca

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I'm after a copy of the Rayons' "Do You Love Me" on Decca. Hopefully someone on here's bought one at some time in the hope that it'll be a dancer, like their Forte 45, and will want rid of it because it's a ballad....:laugh:

Anyone got a copy for sale?

Cash or cheque waiting....

Cheers,

TONE

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

An absolutely monster tune, don't know which version I prefer this or Quiet Elegance?

I posted up this want a couple of years ago, but sadly no responce.

Hope you get one. I'll be interested in the next one that comes along after you.

Can't beat Frankie Gearing, John, but this is almost as good IMO.

Trouble is, as you know, it's about a million times rarer....

Social source share

I'm after a copy of the Rayons' "Do You Love Me" on Decca. Hopefully someone on here's bought one at some time in the hope that it'll be a dancer, like their Forte 45, and will want rid of it because it's a ballad....laugh.gif

Anyone got a copy for sale?

Cash or cheque waiting....

Cheers,

TONE

Nice one Tone, the other sides great as well.

Edited by binsy
Social source share

For a long time I was led to believe this was a one-off. Time and experience have shown that not to be the case, but it's still pretty rare.

I think Dylan got a worn but perfectly serviceable copy from ebay a couple of years ago, possibly when one of the premier Japanese deep collectors was offloading some choice records. At the same time there was a mint copy on gemm for $500 (the exchange rate was about 2:1 then). I was severely tempted and it hung around for months. By the time I had made the decision to bite the bullet it had, of course, gone.

One of the greatest female group southern soul records: a truly brilliant double-sider. Good luck in your search Tony.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

For a long time I was led to believe this was a one-off. Time and experience have shown that not to be the case, but it's still pretty rare.

I think Dylan got a worn but perfectly serviceable copy from ebay a couple of years ago, possibly when one of the premier Japanese deep collectors was offloading some choice records. At the same time there was a mint copy on gemm for $500 (the exchange rate was about 2:1 then). I was severely tempted and it hung around for months. By the time I had made the decision to bite the bullet it had, of course, gone.

One of the greatest female group southern soul records: a truly brilliant double-sider. Good luck in your search Tony.

i got the copy that was on gemm (but for less than $500).

i think the record is just okay in my opinion (but obviously way better than the forte release). not for sale though. the gemm one was also a promo and not a stock copy like the one dave posted...

Social source share