Robert Tanner

Guest sean daniels

Guest sean daniels

Does anyone have a soundclip of his first 45 on megatone called "Tell me your name"?

This is truly an amazing peice of soul. . . . .

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest gordon russell

Does anyone have a soundclip of his first 45 on megatone called "Tell me your name"?

This is truly an amazing peice of soul. . . . .

try pete burton from bedford he has the record l believe

Social source share

I've posted it up in the 'Soul Audio Source' section.

thanks for posting this was the only one of the four sides I still hadn't heard yet.

pretty good has the boucy almost "my girl" style bassline and nice lrics.

I have to say the flip is much better to my ears.

I remember seeeing this on ebay when "sweet memories" was going big on the scene and thinking i'd grab it cheap but it sold for a lot of money sad.gif

Social source share

thanks for posting this was the only one of the four sides I still hadn't heard yet.

pretty good has the boucy almost "my girl" style bassline and nice lrics.

I have to say the flip is much better to my ears.

I remember seeeing this on ebay when "sweet memories" was going big on the scene and thinking i'd grab it cheap but it sold for a lot of money :sad:

it's been on ebay a few times, i think it went sort of cheap (not crazy cheap) at least once.

aren't there 3 robert tanner 45s on megatone? i think andy dyson told me once? I think i've only seen these two though.

Social source share

it's been on ebay a few times, i think it went sort of cheap (not crazy cheap) at least once.

aren't there 3 robert tanner 45s on megatone? i think andy dyson told me once? I think i've only seen these two though.

I only know 2 but there might be another ?

there is one by melvin lewis who was also in new sounds that is documented @ sirshambling

i'm sure i've miised quite a few on ebay I don't watvch it as closely as some people do. I just drop on it from tiem to time and see what is available.

Social source share

I only know 2 but there might be another ?

there is one by melvin lewis who was also in new sounds that is documented @ sirshambling

i'm sure i've miised quite a few on ebay I don't watvch it as closely as some people do. I just drop on it from tiem to time and see what is available.

maybe andy meant the melvin lewis? I have seen at least one other megatone record on ebay, I don't remember if it was melvin lewis or something else

Social source share

maybe andy meant the melvin lewis? I have seen at least one other megatone record on ebay, I don't remember if it was melvin lewis or something else

there is now an update at sirshambling statoing his current situiation so the person who found him mnight be able to find out if there is another 45.

he could have done another 45 with more tracks of the new sounds LP.

i've never even heard anybody suggest this though ? but andy would be one of the people most likely to know.

Social source share

there is now an update at sirshambling statoing his current situiation so the person who found him mnight be able to find out if there is another 45.

he could have done another 45 with more tracks of the new sounds LP.

i've never even heard anybody suggest this though ? but andy would be one of the people most likely to know.

I just looked at the sir shambling site, the "person who found him" was just the guy from this page:

https://www.djmadlad.com/

I already had been in contact with some associated people, including donny brown, who cut the excellent 45 "fool i was fool I am", who contacted me a while ago after I played his record on my show to ask me to make me a recording of his 45 for him, I asked him a little bit about robert tanner and he talked about him and knowing him but I didn't pursue it because I thought that he had already been contacted, etc. i didn't go into detail about the 45s because people tend to not remember all the details about the 45s from back in the day or have anything anyways. nobody i ever interview ever has any copies of any of their records for example. it would still be interesting to get confirmation from andy whether he was talking about a 3rd robert tanner 45 or that other artist just backed by the jivers.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!