Can Someone Explain This Logic?

Got one of those little brown packages the other day and found that the sender had used as stiffeners to protect the record .....

..... 2 other records!

How exactly do two fragile things protect another fragile thing? wacko.gif

Also, what am I supposed to do with an Olivia Newton John record? It was in an RCA stock bag so I might keep that, but I have great difficulty throwing records away.

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Got one of those little brown packages the other day and found that the sender had used as stiffeners to protect the record .....

..... 2 other records!

Also, what am I supposed to do with an Olivia Newton John record? It was in an RCA stock bag so I might keep that, but I have great difficulty throwing records away.

Paul, someone sent me a record some years ago and used an unsleeved copy of "Public Image" by PIL as a stiffener. Only reason I complained is that it didn't come with the newspaper wrap-round!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Paul, someone sent me a record some years ago and used an unsleeved copy of "Public Image" by PIL as a stiffener. Only reason I complained is that it didn't come with the newspaper wrap-round!

Public Image?

You got what you wanted whistling.gif

Social source share

i bought a record blind once, and that came with a record as a stiffener, best thing was the stiffener was better than the one i'd payed for!!!

once i got the temptashuns on lemco in a pic sleeve as a stiffener, not great but sort of cool

Social source share

..... 2 other records!

Its the "GOD MOVES IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS METHOD"

One outside copy gets broken then the almighty is not displeased with you and you get to play your purchase.

Both outside copies get broken then the almighty is giving you a little warning and you still get to play it.

All three broken then you obviously dont go to church every week and your condemned to hell with your plastic (broken or otherwise)whistling.gif

Dave Halsall

aka TMiBph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest Dante

..... 2 other records!

How exactly do two fragile things protect another fragile thing? :wacko:

You keep it until she days and then flog it thru eBay as super rare collector's item...

Social source share

hi,

i got a packet from ( mr peabodys ) on musicstack ,

the record i ordered wasen't in it ( he'd put the wrong one in by mistake but the one he sent had 2 45s round it instead of cardboard,

i've got a feeling some of these US dealers have so many records it's cheaper to use old 45s instead of buying cardbord stiffeners,

joe.

ps, he's sent the one i ordered so i'll let you know if that has been packed the same,

Social source share

once got a record i,d bought blind of a bloke from yorkshire, it was protected in packaging by a whole edition of a company health and safety newspaper, the record was crap but the newspaper was very interesting reading whilst drunk and it made an effective conversation piece when left on the coffee table,

also once bought some records off allen radwill in the states, apart from being sent wrapped in cardboard that looked as if it had dried out after being found in the street, the records and packaging appeared to be sprinkled in what appeared to be gravy powder, every time i hear bobby huttons come see whats left of me ,i think of bisto !

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

You sure it wasn't packed by a blind bloke making his sunday dinner?.........always makes my heart sink when I go to the Post Office to collect a delivery to see it sent in flimsy pagaging, never ceases to amaze me that people will send in to the other side of the world, let alone down the road in such a poor way...thankfully thus far I haven't had anything broken, perhaps God likes me...lol....sorry did mean no disrespect Lord.

KTF

Baz

once got a record i,d bought blind of a bloke from yorkshire, it was protected in packaging by a whole edition of a company health and safety newspaper, the record was crap but the newspaper was very interesting reading whilst drunk and it made an effective conversation piece when left on the coffee table,

also once bought some records off allen radwill in the states, apart from being sent wrapped in cardboard that looked as if it had dried out after being found in the street, the records and packaging appeared to be sprinkled in what appeared to be gravy powder, every time i hear bobby huttons come see whats left of me ,i think of bisto !

Social source share

i bought a copy of the lollipops on impact from an american dealer for ten dollars, it arrived with two records as stiffners...an unplayed copy of stevie wonder - nothings too good for my baby complete with juke box tabs in a company sleeve & some old doo wop thing on a very obscure looking label. i sold stevie wonder for a tenner & put the doo wop thing on ebay, it sold for just under 50 quid, thats what i call a result

perhaps the strangest packaging ive ever had was back in the 80's....i bought a record from a well known dealer & tucked inside the sleeve was a wrap of white powder...now thats what i call customer service

Social source share

i bought a copy of the lollipops on impact from an american dealer for ten dollars, it arrived with two records as stiffners...an unplayed copy of stevie wonder - nothings too good for my baby complete with juke box tabs in a company sleeve & some old doo wop thing on a very obscure looking label. i sold stevie wonder for a tenner & put the doo wop thing on ebay, it sold for just under 50 quid, thats what i call a result

perhaps the strangest packaging ive ever had was back in the 80's....i bought a record from a well known dealer & tucked inside the sleeve was a wrap of white powder...now thats what i call customer service

That £10 you owe me :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!