Stolen Hours - Ramsgate 25Th July

Well, it's that time again and with Mark busily working his way up the executive ladder he has asked me to post details of our next Soul Smugglers night in Ramsgate on Saturday 25th July from 8 - 3.

Once again, the venue is the Churchill Tavern, 19-22 Paragon, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 9JX and we are in the downstairs room. The venue serves a wide range of beers with the bar open until 3 am and food available, more details here: Churchill Tavern Link

Joining regulars myself, Mark and Kevin on the decks are guests Des Parker and Johnny Beggs all of whom will be playing a wide range of top rare and not so rare soul of the highest quality.

There are plenty of B&Bs close by and a couple of larger hotels within 5 minutes. I'll post up some details later but please contact myself or Mark if you need more info on this or anything else.

See you there!!

John Alden.

post-4607-12466185520683_thumb.jpgpost-4607-12466185364396_thumb.jpg

post-4607-12466185364396_thumb.jpg

post-4607-12466185520683_thumb.jpg

Edited by John Al
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As promised details of nearby hotels. Plenty more on google Link Here

By the sea, in the sun & a top night of soul - what more could you ask!! :lol:

Spencer Court Hotel

37 Spencer Square, Ramsgate, CT11 9LD

Telephone: 01843 594582

The Royal Harbour Hotel

Nelson Crescent

Ramsgate

Kent CT11 9JF

Tel: +44 (0) 1843 591514

Royal Harbour Hotel

Kent International

Harbour Parade,

Ramsgate CT11 8LZ,

TEL: 01843 588276

Cheers for putting that up JOhn, Well its pretty much as described and there will be a whole host of the regulars there to soak up the south coast soul and sun. So if you want somethiong a bit different give it a whirl.

More later when I have more time. Mark.

Guest Bearsy

Have a great night all and if its anything to go by the last time Des and Johnny djd there it will be one hell of a night good.gif

i doubt i can make this but will defo try to come along to see me Kent coast buddies real soon

take care and see you all somewhere soon

Bearsy

Yes John will be coming back from his triumphant visit to the Bridlington Soul weekender, where he secured several bookings in the North of England in the coming months. he palys a fine set of tunes including The Blue Sharks which you never get to hear played out.

Last time we visited Des and Johnny were guesting as well and we can vouch for the true quality of the tunes these two have.

Southern England you're in for a treat, miss this at your perill folks and see you all very soon

Rob & karen

Yes John will be coming back from his triumphant visit to the Bridlington Soul weekender.................

Southern England you're in for a treat, miss this at your perill folks and see you all very soon

Rob & karen

:lol::lol::lol: weeell, maybe. Certainly a great experience though, more on Bridlington (including playlists) here:

The second part is definitely right though and as always Mark, Kevin and myself will be working hard with our guests to ensure a good night is had by all so why not give it a try - you won't be disappointed. :thumbup:

Will the French delegation be crossing the water this time?

Best,

John.

Second outing at this venue for "Stolen Hours".

If you were there at the first you'll already know that it's a bit different from our previous venues and has a nice club style atmosphere. :good:

-Kev

And lots of nice vinyl has been dropping through the letterbox.:shhh:

:thumbup: Can't wait to play some of them good 'n' loud.

Guest GrooveJunkies

Hi Mark and Gang.....

The Groove Junkies can't make this one....

but we know it will be a top night with Johnny & Des guesting

Have a great night

Groove junkie & crew...

Hi Gang

when is the next one after this ? we'd have been able to make this one if it was a week later!

Still need to get on that south coast this summer :beer::beer::beer::beer: !

stay cool

Rob & Karen !

:glare: Next one after 25th July is the 3rd Anniversary on 14th November. Can only guarantee the music, not the weather.

- Kev

Guest BintofSoul

Hi John & Kev

I hope the event is a huge success:thumbup: . Sorry we can't be there but I'll be having my own soulful garden party that nightshades ! Hopefully we'll see you in November.

Regards

Nicki

Hi John & Kev

I hope the event is a huge successthumbup.gif . Sorry we can't be there but I'll be having my own soulful garden party that nightshades.gif ! Hopefully we'll see you in November.

Regards

Nicki

Thanks Nicki & Happy Birthday for Saturday!!!! :thumbup:

Think I'll play your request anyway though..........

See you soon,

John & Marolyn.

Can't make this one but have a good one Guys, With Des & Johnny let loose on the decks mayhem is assured .....in the nicest possible way of course:good:

Gonna try & make November when the wind & rain knocks us city boys out of our stride :6:

Will be a good night & worth attending, friendly crowd & run by good people & great music :good: ..........why is Southgate the same day ? Bah !!!

Hi folks,

French delegation around ????

Of course , can't miss it !!

See you all soon,

PIKO

That's good Piko, looking forward to seeing you all again. Anyone need picking up from port or looking for accomodation?

Mark has your Blue Rock record, nice - considering it's a boot!

Best,

John.

Guest kent soul club

Have a great night fellas. Been asked to spin some tunes elsewhere, so can't join you.

All the best, KTF , Magoo.

Have a great night fellas. Been asked to spin some tunes elsewhere, so can't join you.

All the best, KTF , Magoo.

No problems Magoo, would have ben good to catch up but no doubt will see you somehwere soon. Mark.

Just got back form setting the decks up and the venue is all sorted. The new summer beaers they have on are stunning for those that like a drop of real ale with their soul.

SO if youre coming down see you real soon, if not then maybe next time.