Marv Johnson Sample Copy Not For Sale

:boxing:Hi everyone just been reading the article on a Tamla-Motown single TMG 619 which has the classic "Stepping ClOSER to You're Hart" as the B side of the demo as the same as the US SOUL issue?.

I have a question about TMG 680 and as such I would like to seek conformation about a copy of it that I used to have it was the first run of the record and my copy had the "FACTORY SAMPLE-NOT FOR SALE" Sticker on it, the record has no faults it,s the label that has the miss press as it credits are correct title but the artist name is MARY JOHNSON? Never come across another copy, and although I have a regular issue and a nice DEMO, neither has the MARY JOHNSON label? can anyone confirm this as true as it,s one of those facts that I know is true yet no one else has seen or heard about it and its never mentioned in full label listings?:chinstroke::ph34r: DAVE KIL.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

boxing.gifHi everyone just been reading the article on a Tamla-Motown single TMG 619 which has the classic "Stepping ClOSER to You're Hart" as the B side of the demo as the same as the US SOUL issue?.

I have a question about TMG 680 and as such I would like to seek conformation about a copy of it that I used to have it was the first run of the record and my copy had the "FACTORY SAMPLE-NOT FOR SALE" Sticker on it, the record has no faults it,s the label that has the miss press as it credits are correct title but the artist name is MARY JOHNSON? Never come across another copy, and although I have a regular issue and a nice DEMO, neither has the MARY JOHNSON label? can anyone confirm this as true as it,s one of those facts that I know is true yet no one else has seen or heard about it and its never mentioned in full label listings?g.gifph34r.gif DAVE KIL.

Dave

Yes, a lot of the early copies were printed as "Mary Johnson"

It does appear quite often, just have to look closely - I've had a couple of "factory samples" and one normal Issue without the sticker

post-4623-1246665475388_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

Social source share

Dave

Yes, a lot of the early copies were printed as "Mary Johnson"

It does appear quite often, just have to look closely - I've had a couple of "factory samples" and one normal Issue without the sticker

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

boxing.gif Cheers Mick I allways was sure of it i just must of been talking to the uneducated, no I better retract that?whistling.gif Any way howyoudoin have not seen you for ages and you wernt at Harpos Bash?. ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!