The Tripps

Guest vespadan83

Guest vespadan83

:good: Hi , Just got a copy of Give it back by the Tripps (victoria records)

Does anyone know who they are?, They sound very familiar but i cannot trace them.

Thanks

Dan

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:good: Hi , Just got a copy of Give it back by the Tripps (victoria records)

Does anyone know who they are?, They sound very familiar but i cannot trace them.

Thanks

Dan

the tripps on victoria are frankie karl and the dreams, it's their first record. i'm pretty sure they have some connection to the soulville group but something strange happened (don't know the story now as frankie karl died last year) and jimmy conwell ended up singing lead or something like that. but it said on frankie karl's myspace page, etc. that the tripps were the exact same group as the dreams.

Social source share

Weren't the Soundville Trips the same line up as the Exits? But more to the point, wasn't Frankie Karl the deeper voice on 'You should o held on' - 7th Avenue Aviators aka Frankie Karl & the Chevrons? Perhaps that's why you recognised the voice.

Edited by ben summers
Social source share

Weren't the Soundville Trips the same line up as the Exits? But more to the point, wasn't Frankie Karl the deeper voice on 'You should o held on' - 7th Avenue Aviators aka Frankie Karl & the Chevrons? Perhaps that's why you recognised the voice.

the soundville trips have always been said to been the same lineup as the exits, and it's clearly jimmy conwell singing lead on the soundville trips, I'm just saying that I think something funny must have happened where the soundville trips were supposed to have been the frankie karl group and it either ended up being the exits or that jimmy conwell ended up singing lead, I don't think the exits ever officially called themselves the trips as there was already another LA "trips" out there (although it's strange as their record got released as with two "p"s). The exits already had a hit as the exits, why would they change their name? Maybe someone should ask jimmy the story.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!