On The Right Track With Northern Soul Dj Ginger Taylor

NEW NORTHERN SOUL BOOK

See www.furnesspeninsulapress.co.uk and EBAY for more details on this book

On the Right Track

with Northern Soul DJ Ginger Taylor

by Rob Mckeever. Photographs by Dave Leedham

price £10.99 + £1-50 p/p

A story of a DJ's lifelong obsession with Northern Soul

Ever since i was a teenager the only thing I ever wanted to do in my life was to DJ...........Ginger Taylor

Printed from quality ,materials B5 SIZE (250mm high x 176mm wide) Comprising 126 pages including 12 in full colour with approximately 300 images all relating to the Northern Soul Scene. Dancers Artists, Record Scans, Flyers, etc.

Reviews ''A really entertaining read essential stuff for any Northern Soul aficionado"...............Richard Searling

''Very Readable''.........Ady Croasdell of Kent Records

Foreword by John Manship: ''In the last 34 years I've have had nothing but admiration for a man who is honest, witty, intelligent and sometimes even humble'' ....................Ginger & Eddie, like Sam & Dave were a pairing that became synonymous with outstanding soul music. Playing every Saturday night to hoards of travelling teenagers who had ignored all outside musical influences and instead chose spend their weekends dancing to the discoveries of Ginger, Eddie and others in the family of the "Pier". They were DJs who were responsible for exposing countless recordings that had previously never been undiscovered. That was in 1974, some 34 years later absolutely nothing has changed and the enthusiastic Ginger is still wowing the faithful with his imaginative DJ sets of the super-rare, the recently discovered and the forgotten classics.

Testimonials

I present the weekly soul show on radio Lancashire in between records I announce forthcoming events. Ginger is mentioned all the time, more than anybody else. Doesn't that tell you something, it tells me he is the best in the business, and everybody wants him...............Keith Fletches BBC Lancashire Radio presenter

Ginger and Eddie started the Northern Scene in Todmorden they spawned a generation of Northern Soul followers at the local youth club. The town's Northern Soul heritage was entirely down to Ginger Taylor and Eddie Antemes............Tim Brown

To me Ginger is the embodiment of Northern Soul. He was there when I got started, and he is still here now. In my opinion nobody worked harder to get the scene going again in the 1990s. We owe it mainly to him that it did...........Clare Shard

He is a good friend of mine, he does a lot people don't hear about, he certainly helped me when I needed him and lets not forget he has got the sounds.... Roman DJ and Promoter

Topics Include:-

Ginger and Eddie the Early Years in Todmorden, Burnley and Cleethorpes (The crazy years of two Northern Soul teenage DJ's): The Northern Soul DJ and his Art: includes photos of top DJ's, The Millennium: Ginger establishes himself as the country's top DJ, Gingers Favourite Artists, Gingers Top Tens including record Scans. His Top Rarities, The Four Vandals Story (In full for the first time both sides of the story from Ginger and Ian Levine), Various Playlists.......... JD Bryant at the time this record came up I was seriously ill, I'd even reserved my plot in the graveyard.......... we agreed on a price of £4,150. Never knowing I would ever get the chance to play it; it went massive all over the country. .........

see ebay feedback

" great book great ebayer" GREAT BOOK EXCELLENT SELLER, DELIVERY AS PROMISED""

So, so pleased. Arrived Fri 11.00am, packed and ready to read on holiday"

" Arrived as promised on the 15th - First class seller and the books great- thanks"

Buy on ebay or direct from Furness Peninsula Press see www.furnesspeninsulapress.co.uk

ginger poster pdf copy.pdf

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source