Al Wilson - 'now I Know What Love Is' - Is There 2 Different Backing Tracks

I've got a UK issue of AL WILSON'S 'Now I know what Love is' (LIBERTY) which has always been a fave of mine but the other day I was with a mate and we played a US copy another pal had lent him. I could swear that there is a slightly different mix, particularly on the intro of the US version, in which there appeared to be a more pronounced bass note at one point.

It did not seem a great distinction and indeed perhaps my ears are suffering from age and I'm imagining it, but without my UK copy to hand, we could not compare them.

Can anybody confirm a slight variation on these issues?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've got a UK issue of AL WILSON'S 'Now I know what Love is' (LIBERTY) which has always been a fave of mine but the other day I was with a mate and we played a US copy another pal had lent him. I could swear that there is a slightly different mix, particularly on the intro of the US version, in which there appeared to be a more pronounced bass note at one point.

It did not seem a great distinction and indeed perhaps my ears are suffering from age and I'm imagining it, but without my UK copy to hand, we could not compare them.

Can anybody confirm a slight variation on these issues?

Here's the UK, Credits not Including Time Unfortunately.

www.PopSike.com

100500970714.jpg

Social source share

www.PopSike.com

100500970714.jpg

Yeah, thats the one I have, a lovely british issue, but have just played it back to back with the refo clip on here which is apparently the US SOUL CITY and to tell the truth I am simply not sure, perhaps it's just the pressing but there are some horn notes at the end of the piano and bass intro which seem a touch more pronounced in the mix on the US version, but like I said perhaps it's my imagination playing tricks! Truly great NORTHERN SOUL

tho, in every way!

Social source share

www.PopSike.com

100500970714.jpg

Found mine absolutely MINT in that sleeve, in a charity shop tucked away inside a pile of KEN DODD, LEARN SPANISH ON 45RPM and other total rubbish. 20p in 1988, got a MAJOR LANCE 'The Matador' UK COLUMBIA , MINT in another charity shop that day for 30p! Two classic Brits in one day in immaculate condition for 50p, those were the days!!!

Social source share

TOP tune indeed!

Here are the Japanese (love that red vinyl!) and the Dutch pic sleeve releases of it.

:thumbup:

Yeah one of the very BEST for me personally, top drawer production, truly CLASS artist, great lyrics, brilliant vocals and superb Willie Hutch melody, PERFECTION!

Nice pics, cheers...

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!