Allen Klein Dead

Just read about this.

Does this mean that Adey Croasdell will finally get his hands on all that glorious Cameo Parkway material, released & unreleased?

Just thinking & drooling over the prospect of a CD project along the lines of the RCA one on Kent.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just read about this.

Does this mean that Adey Croasdell will finally get his hands on all that glorious Cameo Parkway material, released & unreleased?

Just thinking & drooling over the prospect of a CD project along the lines of the RCA one on Kent.

Hi Macca,

I have waited for years for a good compilation of the CP stuff.

The Goldmine one, in a curious way, probably just me, seemed souless.

Can't put that into words properly, but someone like Kent/Adey would make this one of the best compilations ever.

Brian

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Just read about this.

Things are unlikely to change - it's a family business and one that will pass into family hands.

Let's not get overexcited about Mission (still) Impossible.

Social source share

Things are unlikely to change - it's a family business and one that will pass into family hands.

Let's not get overexcited about Mission (still) Impossible.

Jody Klein has been running the ABCKO back catalogue for a few years and was responsible for the 4 CD box set and the individual CDs on Chubby Checker, Bobby Rydell, The Orlons etc but there's been nothing since then. I think he prefers the guaranteed dollars they get when he remasters the Rolling Stones Decca Catalogue and re issues them (We're on the third edition).

Cameo Parkway

Social source share

The Cameo Parkway cd I have is the Goldmine jobbie, which like Essential Detroit Collection, sounds so low-fi it borders on the irritating.

I do remember an album in the 70's that had a few tracks popular on the NS scene on it, The Tymes 'Her She Comes' & Candy & The Kisses 'The 81'.

The thought of all that stuff Yvonne Baker, Christine Cooper etc remastered boggles the mind. We live in hope...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!