Barnsley Metrodome ,queens Ground Barnsley S70 1An

METRODOME QUEENS GROUND BARNSLEY S70 1AN

Sunday 30th AUGUST 2009

Northern Soul and Motown night

Guest DJ's :thumbup: ANDY DYSON (LIFELINE) AND NIGHT NURSE (EAST KIRKBY)

MICK COOPS (SKEGNESS) :thumbup:

Chillout Room with Mark and Geordie plus Guest: JOHN KANE :thumbup:

Resident Dj's Alex, El Nel and Yocky

Fantastic dance floor

ample parking with cctv

30K SOUND SYSTEM

Doors open 7.00pm till 2.00am

Polite note: The Empress Ballroom's has now re opened as a Soul night Yocky.Joy, Nel, Jean, and Woody play no part in this event, and wish them all the success. Just really sorry they had to pick the same dates, times etc as ourselves at the Metrodome.

£4.00 on the door subject to availability.

Contact Yocky on 07956 666962 or Joy on 07939 575692

Edited by soulcrew
  • Replies 229
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest elnel

Looking forward to this one , what a fantastic line up of DJs ,ime sure everyone remembers the last time Andy Dyson did the buisness for us he took the lid of the place , ime sure we can expect more of the same this time ,in fact none of the lads weve got booked would know how to play a bad spot . cant wait for it ,upwards and onwards .El Nel good.gif

METRODOME QUEENS GROUND BARNSLEY S70 1AN

Sunday 30th AUGUST 2009

Northern Soul and Motown night

Guest DJ's thumbup.gif ANDY DYSON (LIFELINE) AND NIGHT NURSE (EAST KIRKBY)

MICK COOPS (SKEGNESS) thumbup.gif

Chillout Room with Mark and Geordie plus Guest: JOHN KANE thumbup.gif

Resident Dj's Alex, El Nel and Yocky

Fantastic dance floor

ample parking with cctv

30K SOUND SYSTEM

Doors open 7.00pm till 2.00am

Polite note: The Empress Ballroom's has now re opened as a Soul night Yocky.Joy, Nel, Jean, and Woody play no part in this event, and wish them all the success. Just really sorry they had to pick the same dates, times etc as ourselves at the Metrodome.

Tickets £4.00 on the door subject to availability.

Contact Yocky on 07956 666962 or Joy on 07939 575692

That statement goes to prove - and underline - what a decent and honest set of people you are .

What have you got to be sorry about ? They are attempting to resurrect a long dead corpse , and have chosen to compete with what is the now established - through hard work and credibility - the number one venue in South Yorkshire .

The belief they must have in thinking that people will support their endeavour is commendable - You can push your barrow up and down the streets , shouting at the top of your voice the goods for sale , but if the people do not come out of the houses .......

Malc Burton

Guest BrandySistaShirl

That statement goes to prove - and underline - what a decent and honest set of people you are .

What have you got to be sorry about ? They are attempting to resurrect a long dead corpse , and have chosen to compete with what is the now established - through hard work and credibility - the number one venue in South Yorkshire .

The belief they must have in thinking that people will support their endeavour is commendable - You can push your barrow up and down the streets , shouting at the top of your voice the goods for sale , but if the people do not come out of the houses .......

Malc Burton

Here here Malc

think that just about sums it up!!!

im sure joy yockie nel jean alex n co will get the support they deserve.

work hard n reap what you sow.

the metrodome crew certainly work hard.

realy lookin forward to it.fantastic venue great people and outstanding organization.:thumbup:

Guest elnel

Had two phone calls today people wanting tickets for the metrodome next month , can i just say allthough were very flatered with the enthusiasm shown it isnt a ticket event due to the size of the room it isnt nessesary to make it ticket only , so just come allong pay the ridiculasly small amount of four quid at the door and have a fabulous night listening to quality northern soul at the best northern soul night yorkshire as to offer . XXXXX

Malc Burton

Malc some folks have no scruples , they will just fill it wi p/heads

i along with with most other folks will be at the metro-dthumbsup.gif

rob

This looks like a great line up--something for evryone. glad to see John Kane making lore in roads into Yorkshire for spots he is a fabulous DJ and bang on the money with his choice of tunes to fill the dance floor.

We hope to be making our first visit to the Metrodome for this one --long over due

see you all there

rob & karen

Guest Soul On A Stick

Hi

Sadly I can't make this one due to going away for a few days with my Mrs, deep inside I'm gutted that I won't be there.shhh.gif

If the previous Metrodome bashes are anything to go by, this will be a real BELTER and it will be packed.thumbup.gif

If anyone has not been the Metrodome before you are in for a real treat, make sure you also check out the chill out room with Geordie & the crew what a superb atmosphere in there.

I will be at the next one for sure, have a great timebiggrin.gif

Regards

Paul

Edited by Soul On A Stick

Hi

Sadly I can't make this one due to going away for a few days with my Mrs, deep inside I'm gutted that I won't be there.:shhh:

If the previous Metrodome bashes are anything to go by, this will be a real BELTER and it will be packed.:thumbup:

If anyone has not been the Metrodome before you are in for a real treat, make sure you also check out the chill out room with Geordie & the crew what a superb atmosphere in there.

I will be at the next one for sure, have a great time:D

Regards

Paul

Will take that advice Paul !

R & K

Malc Burton

Hi Malc

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really looking forward to this one .It will be nice to see you there as always. I am sure you and Yocky will have plenty to have a natter about.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Here here Malc

think that just about sums it up!!!

im sure joy yockie nel jean alex n co will get the support they deserve.

work hard n reap what you sow.

the metrodome crew certainly work hard.

realy lookin forward to it.fantastic venue great people and outstanding organization.:thumbup:

001 from 003

always a good night with Team Tarn and Mi sisters . Need to get 002 back on the Wagon. Plenty of TLC and she will be back there with us, only a small blip.

Will give you a call.

Love

Malc some folks have no scruples , they will just fill it wi p/heads

i along with with most other folks will be at the metro-dthumbsup.gif

rob

Hi Rob

We don't have that at the Metrodome, we have the policey as Bridlington weekender thats why a good time is had by all. Hope to see you there,

Love

Jx

Edited by soulcrew

Hi

Sadly I can't make this one due to going away for a few days with my Mrs, deep inside I'm gutted that I won't be there.:shhh:

If the previous Metrodome bashes are anything to go by, this will be a real BELTER and it will be packed.:thumbup:

I will be at the next one for sure, have a great time:D

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

Sorry you can't be with us, hope you have a lovely time , but I must say we will miss your smiley face. Thank you for your lovely comments. Really sorry you will miss John Kane in the Chillout this time, he's a little diamond.

See you soon

Love Yocky and Jx

Will take that advice Paul !

R & K

Hi Karen and Rob .

You are always welcome at the Metrodome if you are free one bank holiday Sunday. I know you are always busy busy. would llove to see you there some time.

Thanks for a great weeender in Bridlington the hard work did pay off.

Regards

Yocky and Jx

Really shocked to read that the empress are holding soul nights on the same night, but like Rob said they will only fill it with pissheads.

Glad to see you've rose above, thats probably because you are lovely people who know what a great night you have going.

Its go without saying that we wont miss it for the worldthumbsup.gif

K & D xx

Really shocked to read that the empress are holding soul nights on the same night, but like Rob said they will only fill it with pissheads.

Glad to see you've rose above, thats probably because you are lovely people who know what a great night you have going.

K & D xx

post-9749-12469691010815.jpg On there way kirsty, all the best H [AKA DICKO]yes.gif

Guest Jonah 1959

We will be attending the Metrodome,Me,Rachel,PJ and Heather this is the place that all Soulies far and wide should attend.

Yocky,Joy and El-Nel have done us proud with this event well done to you all,and remember one thing keep your freinds close and your ENEMIES even closer,that goes out the Empress O'Jays the backstabbers.

Jonah and Rachel KTF

We will be attending the Metrodome,Me,Rachel,PJ and Heather this is the place that all Soulies far and wide should attend.

Yocky,Joy and El-Nel have done us proud with this event well done to you all,and remember one thing keep your freinds close and your ENEMIES even closer,that goes out the Empress O'Jays the backstabbers.

Jonah and Rachel KTF

Yep hope to see you Guys there as well !

R & K

Hey Up "Soulcrew",

Bring it on........ Realy looking forward to this.

What makes this Venue Brilliant, is not just the fact that "True Soulies" attend from all over the country, but it's run by "Pure Awesome People", who "DO" care.... (Soulcrew)

You made the Empress, that has now gone as far as we are concerned................ YOU have now made another Great Venue in the Metrodome.....thumbup.gif

KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK.thumbsup.gif

See you all on Sunday 30th August.

KTF........................ Bridgey & Linda (York)

Guest Soul On A Stick

Jonah and Rachel KTF

Hi Jonah

Good to see your crew @ Bridlington buddygood.gif only time I get to chat to you though is outside having a ciggyshhh.gifwink.gif

Maybe one day we can chat over a beerbeer.gif

regards

Paul

Guest BrandySistaShirl

001 from 003

always a good night with Team Tarn and Mi sisters . Need to get 002 back on the Wagon. Plenty of TLC and she will be back there with us, only a small blip.

Will give you a call.

Love

Hi oo3

Thats our next mission.

im sure we will manage if she dunt keep gerin these little knock backs (poor bugger )

shes almost there now n i for one carnt wait till shes back on form.

lookin forward to the 30th im sure it will be fantastic (if not il get mi buns out )

see you soon.

oo2 over n out.x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hi Jonah

Good to see your crew @ Bridlington buddygood.gif only time I get to chat to you though is outside having a ciggyshhh.gifwink.gif

regards

Paul

Hi Paul

sorry you wont make this one.

Next time you and i have a chat n a ciggie il bring us a drink out 2.yes.gif

Theres nothing to fear from the empress rooms. Metrodome 10 times bigger and better joy yocky elnel alex and the team could fill barnsley football ground no worrys there (pity the football team cant lol )But you lot are some of the most respect folk on the scean today who gives a f**k about the empress no one. we love you lot to bit so count on us to support you . Oh micky two rooms will be pleased you got a chill out room for him to shuffle his feet in wont see much off him all night hey foo foo.

Edited by night nurse

FORGOT TER MENSHUN DANGEROUS DI WILL BE THERE KEEPIN THE FAITH

heres us at last metrodome , if this one is only half as good as the last one it will be brill

but knowing the soul crew and team tarn it will be better tha ever

post-10269-12469777792584_thumb.jpg

post-10269-12469780742653_thumb.jpg

Edited by barney

Right I'm not bothered what else is on or where, me & my merry little Goolies will be Barnsley bound helping true Soul friends celebrate the Bank Holiday & Joy don't forget my Baby card love, cheers.thumbup.gif

Take care, be safe & remember,"Your matey's a bottle of fun, you slips me in the bath, I'm loved by everyone, I'm always good for a laugh",

Spot.shades.gif

Guest Soul On A Stick

unfortunately as some of you know the duckworths and dingles wont be attending this one , will be in scooter heaven at isle of wight but rest assured our thoughts will be with you

all the best B

Hi Barney

Is your scooter the one with the KES two finger salute on the back? I did see that one parked outside the guest house opposite the spa.unsure.gif

If it is you/ yours please come and have a chat when you see me around, I don't think I've met you buddy.biggrin.gif

Regards

Paul

Guest Jonah 1959

Hi Jonah

regards

Paul

Hi Paul

Nice to hear from you mate I'll take you up one day on having a chat over a beer instead of having a ciggy.

Take care

Jonah KTF

Looks like a trip down to this one from the frozen north for me & di, believe me when i say you won`t meet a friendlier set of folk, allways a pleasure to be in the company of these people, so we`ll see you there YOUR ROUND YOCKY?good.gif

Talk about pointing out the obvious H - We know he is round :thumbup:

Get yourselves down , it will be a pleasure to see you both in God's county :thumbup:

Malc Burton

Guest LittleJazzyDavid

hi joy and yocky. sorry i carnt make it on the 30th august. i am actually working for myself that night.:sad: you both know if i could get there i would. i love you all to bits and carnt thankyou all enuf for what you did for paul and me at parklands. hope you got a new pair of jeans to go home in yocky i wounder.:thumbup:GOT TO GO KNOW AS MY BOSS IS SHOUTING AT ME FOR BEING ON COMPUTER TO LONG AND YOUR TEA IS READY NOW. YES LOVE IM COMING:laugh: KIND REGARDS TO ALL. KTF DAVE.

Looks like a trip down to this one from the frozen north for me & di, believe me when i say you won`t meet a friendlier set of folk, allways a pleasure to be in the company of these people, so we`ll see you there YOUR ROUND YOCKY?:good:

Hi Harry and Di

Would be lovey to see you if you can make it always welcome we have a great chillout room run by Mark and Geordie with guest John Kane feel sure it's your kinda place.

Thank you for your kind comments

Love to you both

Yocky and Jx

K & D xx

Hi Kirsty and Dave

Will be lovely to see you at the Metrodome, dave we might have the world lastic twanging competition as you are coming you can join in and if Harry makes it he will be able to join in too. lol

See you soon

Yocky and Jx

Jonah and Rachel KTF

Hi Jonah it's Joy you sexy skinhead you lol Always nice to see you Rachel and the Family. Heading for a great night at the Metrodome Dj's to die for , everything already to go. See you at the weekend.

Love

Yocky and Jx

Hey Up "Soulcrew",

Bring it on........ Realy looking forward to this.

What makes this Venue Brilliant, is not just the fact that "True Soulies" attend from all over the country, but it's run by "Pure Awesome People", who "DO" care.... (Soulcrew)

You made the Empress, that has now gone as far as we are concerned................ YOU have now made another Great Venue in the Metrodome.....:thumbup:

KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK.thumbsup.gif

See you all on Sunday 30th August.

KTF........................ Bridgey & Linda (York)

Hi Bridgy and Bridgett

Just got to say happy birthday to you ,Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Linda, happy birthday to you. Always welcome at the Metrodome and really looking forward to you being on next year.

Thank you for you support

See you soon on the scene

Love

Yocky and Jx

Hi oo3

Thats our next mission.

im sure we will manage if she dunt keep gerin these little knock backs (poor bugger )

shes almost there now n i for one carnt wait till shes back on form.

lookin forward to the 30th im sure it will be fantastic (if not il get mi buns out )

see you soon.

oo2 over n out.x

Hi 001

Is Adrian getting his knee knobs out too? lol

bugger me, i forgot it was nearly August, :ohmy: best go buy some oldies to take up t'north! whistling do t'northerners @ t'metradome like a bit of RnB wit' thar yorkshire tea? :tongue:

Hay lad thacarntguhrong wi owdies in tarn thiluvit thanowz.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Metrodome you always serve us well my friend. Give our love to Netty, hope to see you soon.

Love Yocky and Jx

Hi Barney

Is your scooter the one with the KES two finger salute on the back? I did see that one parked outside the guest house opposite the spa.:unsure:

If it is you/ yours please come and have a chat when you see me around, I don't think I've met you buddy.:D

Regards

Paul

yep thats mine the giveaway is, its got barney in chrome lettering on the flyscreen

would be nice to meet you sometime ,will keeep an eye art fo thi

cheers B

Theres nothing to fear from the empress rooms. Metrodome 10 times bigger and better joy yocky elnel alex and the team could fill barnsley football ground no worrys there (pity the football team cant lol )But you lot are some of the most respect folk on the scean today who gives a f**k about the empress no one. we love you lot to bit so count on us to support you . Oh micky two rooms will be pleased you got a chill out room for him to shuffle his feet in wont see much off him all night hey foo foo

Hi Dave and Sue

Thank you for your kind comments, great support from two great friends. Looking forward to your spot on the 30th .

Love Yocky and Jx

FORGOT TER MENSHUN DANGEROUS DI WILL BE THERE KEEPIN THE FAITH

heres us at last metrodome , if this one is only half as good as the last one it will be brill

but knowing the soul crew and team tarn it will be better tha ever

Will miss you all , but hope you have a great time. We will look after Di , don't want another Danny damp down popping up lol

Love Yocky and Jx

Right I'm not bothered what else is on or where, me & my merry little Goolies will be Barnsley bound helping true Soul friends celebrate the Bank Holiday & Joy don't forget my Baby card love, cheers.:thumbup:

Take care, be safe & remember,"Your matey's a bottle of fun, you slips me in the bath, I'm loved by everyone, I'm always good for a laugh",

Spot.shades

Hi Spot and Gail

Not for got your card will bring it with me sweetie. Big mamma huggs for you two, and thank you for your support you are always welcome at the Metrodome. See you soon

Love Yocky and Jx

bugger me, i forgot it was nearly August, ohmy.gif best go buy some oldies to take up t'north! whistling.gif do t'northerners @ t'metradome like a bit of RnB wit' thar yorkshire tea? tongue.gif

And Mick,...............................after youve done your bit in the Northern Room, I trust you'll be stepping into 'The Chill Out' Zonewicked.gif

Should be a cracker, Me.Jud and JK!..........can't waitshades.gif

M.

And Mick,...............................after youve done your bit in the Northern Room, I trust you'll be stepping into 'The Chill Out' Zonewicked.gif

Should be a cracker, Me.Jud and JK!..........can't waitshades.gif

M.

For anyone else venturing over to the 'Dark Side'shades.gif

Here's the flyer for the 'Chill Out Zone'

post-1398-12469889548604_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarkWhiteley
Guest Jonah 1959

Hi Joy

August cant come quickly enough it seems like ages since the last Metrodome,I would also like to say I will be visiting the chillout room to see them nice chaps Mark Whiteley and Geordie.

I hope to see you and Yockie at the Kingstone on Saturday.

Love Jonah and Rachel KTF

hi joy and yocky. sorry i carnt make it on the 30th august. i am actually working for myself that night.sad.gif you both know if i could get there i would. i love you all to bits and carnt thankyou all enuf for what you did for paul and me at parklands. hope you got a new pair of jeans to go home in yocky i wounder.thumbup.gifGOT TO GO KNOW AS MY BOSS IS SHOUTING AT ME FOR BEING ON COMPUTER TO LONG AND YOUR TEA IS READY NOW. YES LOVE IM COMINGlaugh.gif KIND REGARDS TO ALL. KTF DAVE.

Hi Dave

Thank you for your kind comments just been watching smokey Robinson on tv and am awaiting Berry Gordy at Michael Jackson's memorial such a sad loss to our music. How lucky are we to wake up this morning and share all our soul friendships and music along with all our loving families . oh so grateful.

ktf

Jx

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Theres nothing to fear from the empress rooms. Metrodome 10 times bigger and better joy yocky elnel alex and the team could fill barnsley football ground no worrys there (pity the football team cant lol )But you lot are some of the most respect folk on the scean today who gives a f**k about the empress no one. we love you lot to bit so count on us to support you . Oh micky two rooms will be pleased you got a chill out room for him to shuffle his feet in wont see much off him all night hey foo foo.

Hey up dave.

love your comment on micky 2dinners but the one about our footie teams a bit below the belt.sad.gif

n i was just begining to think joyce was tellin fibs about you. i mite have to have a rethink now g.gif

although a brandy mite put it right.yes.gif .x

Hi

Sadly I can't make this one due to going away for a few days with my Mrs, deep inside I'm gutted that I won't be there.shhh.gif

If the previous Metrodome bashes are anything to go by, this will be a real BELTER and it will be packed.thumbup.gif

I will be at the next one for sure, have a great timebiggrin.gif

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry you wont be there, got some blinding tunes stacked up for this one

Have a good few days away

Will see you at the next one if we dont meet up before

Caaaant wait for this night its the highlight of my social calendar Roll on August

:thumbup:

Geeooooooordie