Posted Images

i'm sure el solomon will be just in his judgement g.gif

minor league at best nitnurse owd luv

wen a worked at pit the used ter try n catch me awakesleep3.gif

once slept thru dayshift and afters shift and got em both paid

us sparkies wer horizontal world champs

used ter rent art soles o mi boots fer advertizinthumbup.gif

Guest elnel

That confession I feel sure - subject to confirmation by El Nel - will earn you a place in the lying down premier league , on the sole merit of it being connected with a Dustbin Stanley spot .

Malc Burton

Yes indeed premier leuge and no mistake my friend :lol:

Guest elnel

We took a mate I used to work with out for his 40th birthday , paid for him a hour with a pro ,and she gave us 20 quid back cos he went to sleep , he gave her right good kippin .

Guest BrandySistaShirl

i am not joining barnsley football club mate thought you were me brother from another brother sad.gif

i can feel a notts v yorkshire footie match comin on!!!!!yes.gif .x

Guest elnel

The bloke who is talking about getting a football match organised , i hope the nots lad aint thinking about employing him as there coach driver cos ive bin told he blew his car up yeterday in front of a buss nots constabulary put out a full scale terrorist allert and the whole of nots town centre was brought to a standstill for 10 hours till the bloody nut case gave him self up . i may ave stretched the facts a bit here but it was something like that .please dont take the piss out of the poor lad he cant help it and I love him .El Nel xx

The bloke who is talking about getting a football match organised , i hope the nots lad aint thinking about employing him as there coach driver cos ive bin told he blew his car up yeterday in front of a buss nots constabulary put out a full scale terrorist allert and the whole of nots town centre was brought to a standstill for 10 hours till the bloody nut case gave him self up . i may ave stretched the facts a bit here but it was something like that .please dont take the piss out of the poor lad he cant help it and I love him .El Nel xx

tha knows it's an offence t't take piss owtta disenfranchised people, ya bugga!

Guest cheryl

Here here Malc

think that just about sums it up!!!

im sure joy yockie nel jean alex n co will get the support they deserve.

work hard n reap what you sow.

the metrodome crew certainly work hard.

realy lookin forward to it.fantastic venue great people and outstanding organization.thumbup.gif

Guest cheryl

Just bin looking at events to go to in yorkshire, as I like to travel even as far up as Scotland, but I don't think I would ever attend this do, as I have never read anything so bitchy, if someone else wishes to put another do on at the same time as this event then the people promoting Barnsley should be gracious and welcome a little bit of competion, instead all they seem to be doing is slagging the other event off, its a pity because us old school soulies are really a friendly bunch, so i've come to the conclusion that these promotors must be relatively new to the soul scene.

Guest BrandySistaShirl

now then theres a idea........ can you scrape up 11 blokes that can run with out there zimmer frames shirl :laugh::thumbup:JOKE

WHO SAID OWT ABOUT BLOKES!!!! YOU SEXIST BUGGAR.:D

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Just bin looking at events to go to in yorkshire, as I like to travel even as far up as Scotland, but I don't think I would ever attend this do, as I have never read anything so bitchy, if someone else wishes to put another do on at the same time as this event then the people promoting Barnsley should be gracious and welcome a little bit of competion, instead all they seem to be doing is slagging the other event off, its a pity because us old school soulies are really a friendly bunch, so i've come to the conclusion that these promotors must be relatively new to the soul scene.

i think you will find the promotors of the metrodome have been more than gracious if u read this thread correctly.

traveling as far as u say u do im surprised you dont know any of these promotors!!!

u obviously dont no the history behind it so i realy think your comments are very unfair.

Cheryl, how very wrong, & totally unfair without the full facts, which I'm sure 99% don't know, & the history behind the "New Empress" is to long to go into in depth but it has most people in South Yorkshire bitching about the way it was done, these Barnsley promotors are Old School Soulies & promotor a free Xmas venue for the regulars as well as collecting & distributing items for the Homeless & other Charities at the same time & will carry on doing so at the Metrodome, I've known them for a number of years now & count them as friends, easy going, helpful & with no malice of thought for anyone, having said that this is a close knit community & if you cross one you cross the lot, so feelings are running high & most don't think it friendly competition they believe it's been made to clash purposely to antaganise the situation:boxing:. Seems a tad odd that you only join SS a couple of days ago & your event is Middleton Nighter, now it could be thought that you'd just joined to post a slagging off for the Barnsley Promotors & that Middleton Nighter being a progressive Northern Venue, where as the Metrodome being out & out Oldies wouldn't really be your thing, so why would you be interested unless you had a bias??? I'm not saying thats the case but thats how easy it is to misinterperate post etc on here.:yes: Just look at the banter between the Barnsley & Notts lot, looks like they detest each other when exactly the opposite is true, they travel all over together.:rolleyes:

Take care, be safe & remember," You pays your money, you makes your choice",

Spot.shades

p.s. Have just scanned ALL the posts & other than banter , announcing they have no part in the new E.B. & saying it's a pity the dates clash, the Metrodome Promotors have remained restrained & tight lipped, seems it's everyone else shouting.

Edited by spot

cheryl,

we all have the right to voice our opinions and I have often lacked compassion in some of mine but this right to air our opinions is far better utilised when they are 'informed' opinions.

Sorry cheryl but I feel that you are soooo off the mark on this one, even though, as I say, you have the right to air it.

Why not contact the promoters personally and have a chat, get another side of the story (that's if you are privy to the 'first' side) or even better, pop down to Barnsley Metrodome (if you're already in town for the Empress) and say hi, I know your welcome will be as warm as the one each and every paying punter will get with NO discrimination.

Guest hobbo49

Just gotta say,Yocki and Joy are two of the most genuine people you will ever meet on the soul scene.And very much respected all over the country And cheryl ur not the only person to travell up and down the country. i often left skegness friday and did'nt get home till late sunday or mondays and did all my travelling by train 6-7 hours at a time.

Anyway jocki look forward to seeing you at the skegness weekender m8

Guest BrandySistaShirl

I wonder why cheryl as just decided to join!!!!!

hey cheryl (if your a real soulie)

come to metrodome n see for yourself.

as your so wide travelled for so long i thought u mite hev already visited some venues up this way!!

Guest belly chest

am sure we could get 11 blokes to kick the sh*t outa you lot nitnurse owd luvwhistling.gif

I,ll mek one still got me size 11 pit boots and they,ve got nit nurds name all over them !!!!

Guest elnel

IAN MY BIG PALL PUT THI BOOTS AWAY OLD COCKER ,THE GAMES ALL ABOUT TAKING PART AND PLAYING FAIR MY LOVELY THUG , ITS WRONG TO SAY YOUR BOOTS AVE NIT NURDS NAME ALLOVER EM ,JUST PUT HIS NAME ON ONCE AND THEN THEREL BE ROOM FOR THE OTHER TEN PLUSS SOME OFF THE FANS THEN ITLE BE FAIR COS YOU WONT BE LEAVING ANYONE OUT . XX

Guest BrandySistaShirl

NAR THATS WHAT WE CALL FAIR PLAY!!!!

HAVE A GREAT TIME WI YOUR LUVLY FAMILY N ENJOY EVERY MINUTE (TIMES PRECIOUS).X

In respect of your statement / comments above Cheryl , I would like you to give consideration to the following , and more so to the factual information that follows it ......

The reprinted statement below , was part of the original Metrodome promotional thread for the forthcoming August Bank Holiday , and included a polite - and uncalled for - apology from the promoters .

Polite note : The Empress Ballroom's has now re opened as a Soul night . Yocky .Joy , Nel , Jean , and Woody play no part in this event , and wish them all the success . Just really sorry they had to pick the same dates , times etc as ourselves at the Metrodome .

What is bitchy about that ?

Yocky , Joy , Nel , Jean , and Woody were the original promoters of The Empress Ballroom for several years , and are highly thought of : Despite their hard work in establishing the venue as a creditable and respected one , were ousted by the EB management , who had been swayed by promises of grandeur and monetary gain by another - and established / name - promotional faction .

Promoting on the NS scene , like any other business , can be a dog eat dog situation when individuals are intent on / dedicated to it happening - as the Empress Ballroom has proved .

In respect of that , your statement of " us old school soulies are really a friendly bunch " , does not count for anything : Peter Sutcliffe might have een a pleasant chap , but he still killed .

In reply to your other comment of they should be " be gracious and welcome a little bit of competion " , let me once again reiterate the statment I made - the new promoters of the Empress Ballroom are attempting to resurrect a long dead corpse , and have chosen to compete with The Metrodome , which through the support and appreciation of those who attend , and again through the hard work and credibility of Yocky , Joy , Nel , Jean , and Woody , is now established as the number one Bank Holiday venue in South Yorkshire .

People know what has happend with the Empress Ballroom and are unlikely to forget , as like elephants they have long memories . The belief that the new promoters have in thinking that people will support their endeavour is commendable .

You can push your barrow up and down the streets , shouting at the top of your voice the goods for sale , but if the people do not come out of the houses .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Cheryl, how very wrong, & totally unfair without the full facts, which I'm sure 99% don't know, & the history behind the "New Empress" is to long to go into in depth but it has most people in South Yorkshire bitching about the way it was done, these Barnsley promotors are Old School Soulies & promotor a free Xmas venue for the regulars as well as collecting & distributing items for the Homeless & other Charities at the same time & will carry on doing so at the Metrodome, I've known them for a number of years now & count them as friends, easy going, helpful & with no malice of thought for anyone, having said that this is a close knit community & if you cross one you cross the lot, so feelings are running high & most don't think it friendly competition they believe it's been made to clash purposely to antaganise the situationboxing.gif. Seems a tad odd that you only join SS a couple of days ago & your event is Middleton Nighter, now it could be thought that you'd just joined to post a slagging off for the Barnsley Promotors & that Middleton Nighter being a progressive Northern Venue, where as the Metrodome being out & out Oldies wouldn't really be your thing, so why would you be interested unless you had a bias??? I'm not saying thats the case but thats how easy it is to misinterperate post etc on here.yes.gif Just look at the banter between the Barnsley & Notts lot, looks like they detest each other when exactly the opposite is true, they travel all over together.rolleyes.gif

Spot.shades.gif

p.s. Have just scanned ALL the posts & other than banter , announcing they have no part in the new E.B. & saying it's a pity the dates clash, the Metrodome Promotors have remained restrained & tight lipped, seems it's everyone else shouting.

As many of you know on here i am a notts promoter ( DONT LAUGH YOU LOT FROM BARNSLEY ) i have come to regard yorkshire as my second home. And i have had the pleasure of djing with yockie many many times also doubled decked with him. Im not very good at putting words together but joy and yokie are two of the best people i have ever met they dont have a malice bone in there bodys i have the greast respect for yockie and joy and i would think that 99.99% of the people who know them would say the same thing about them and agree with everything that spot as said.cheryl get your self down to the metrodome meet um and i am 100% sure you wont find a bed couple running a soul avent for soulies. just a pity you did not get the chance to come to the empress verses east kirkby and some did from your neck of the woods you say banter , banter was the name of the game on that day. These would give the shirts of there backs to any one that needed them with out even a thought to them selfs. Come down i will pay for you and a friend to get in and buy you your first drinks you wont find a warmer welcome than what you will get here anywhere as for the the empress they lost out big time they cut there own throats and the promoters of the metrodome picked them self s up and dusted them self down and got on with doing what they do best giving 100% to this great scean of ours . long may they carry on doing so

In respect of your statement / comments above Cheryl , I would like you to give consideration to the following , and more so to the factual information that follows it ......

The reprinted statement below , was part of the original Metrodome promotional thread for the forthcoming August Bank Holiday , and included a polite - and uncalled for - apology from the promoters .

Polite note : The Empress Ballroom's has now re opened as a Soul night . Yocky .Joy , Nel , Jean , and Woody play no part in this event , and wish them all the success . Just really sorry they had to pick the same dates , times etc as ourselves at the Metrodome .

What is bitchy about that ?

Yocky , Joy , Nel , Jean , and Woody were the original promoters of The Empress Ballroom for several years , and are highly thought of : Despite their hard work in establishing the venue as a creditable and respected one , were ousted by the EB management , who had been swayed by promises of grandeur and monetary gain by another - and established / name - promotional faction .

Promoting on the NS scene , like any other business , can be a dog eat dog situation when individuals are intent on / dedicated to it happening - as the Empress Ballroom has proved .

In respect of that , your statement of " us old school soulies are really a friendly bunch " , does not count for anything : Peter Sutcliffe might have een a pleasant chap , but he still killed .

In reply to your other comment of they should be " be gracious and welcome a little bit of competion " , let me once again reiterate the statment I made - the new promoters of the Empress Ballroom are attempting to resurrect a long dead corpse , and have chosen to compete with The Metrodome , which through the support and appreciation of those who attend , and again through the hard work and credibility of Yocky , Joy , Nel , Jean , and Woody , is now established as the number one Bank Holiday venue in South Yorkshire .

People know what has happend with the Empress Ballroom , and like elephants have long memories . The belief that the new promoters have in thinking that people will support their endeavour is commendable .

You can push your barrow up and down the streets , shouting at the top of your voice the goods for sale , but if the people do not come out of the houses .......

Malc Burton

here here now thats what i wanted to say nice one malc

Guest Mezhouse

here here now thats what i wanted to say nice one malc

Well put Malc and now I'll have my two penn'orth as well.

Joy, Yockie Nel, Jean and Woody ran The Empress NS Nights extremely successfully for a long time until the management got greedy and very rudely ousted them in favour of their own greed. Not once throughout all nastiness that followed did I hear any of the above utter an openly bad word about any of them - they just wouldn't! They are the nicest people you could wish to meet and damn fine djs too! Before you aim derogatory remarks at them I suggest you try the Metrodome for yourself - put your dancing shoes where your mouth is so to speak. This is now one of the very best venues in this area and the attendance figures just confirm this.

Give it a go!

Jo xx

Guest DiddleyDi

Spot.shades

As already stated on this thread - you pay your money and you make your choice - I'm sure there are more than enough people in and around Yorkshire to fill both places and I hope both venues have successful nights. :thumbup:

As a long ago past 'attendee' of The Empress Rooms i have followed the recent events with interest and have arrived at the assumption that there are two sides to every story - one of which has been very publicly aired on these pages - and I'm sure things weren't as straight forward as they appear nor as contrived as people seem to think, but putting all that aside - come on guys - this is the soul scene and in my day we were about sticking togther and having a good time - not slagging each other off . You should be grateful that you have the choice of two good venues to go to. :smile:

Spot.shades.gif

As already stated on this thread - you pay your money and you make your choice - I'm sure there are more than enough people in and around Yorkshire to fill both places and I hope both venues have successful nights. thumbup.gif

As a long ago past 'attendee' of The Empress Rooms i have followed the recent events with interest and have arrived at the assumption that there are two sides to every story - one of which has been very publicly aired on these pages - and I'm sure things weren't as straight forward as they appear nor as contrived as people seem to think, but putting all that aside - come on guys - this is the soul scene and in my day we were about sticking togther and having a good time - not slagging each other off . You should be grateful that you have the choice of two good venues to go to. smile.gif

a very contradictory and in my view patronizing post

am sure in your day you did stick together and wouldnt put up with it when good decent soulies were crapped on and lost a not inconsequential sum of money to boot . you would probably want to do something about it.. or have you got another version of sticking together , which goes something like , oh well so what if they were treated badly and a lot of people (soulies) , were let down, tough sh*t somebody else can step in and do it and to rub it in.. on the same dates as the new venue by the old promoters.

as for being gratefull what has happened was bound to cause resentment .

Edited by barney
Guest belly chest

As many of you know on here i am a notts promoter ( DONT LAUGH YOU LOT FROM BARNSLEY ) i have come to regard yorkshire as my second home. And i have had the pleasure of djing with yockie many many times also doubled decked with him. Im not very good at putting words together but joy and yokie are two of the best people i have ever met they dont have a malice bone in there bodys i have the greast respect for yockie and joy and i would think that 99.99% of the people who know them would say the same thing about them and agree with everything that spot as said.cheryl get your self down to the metrodome meet um and i am 100% sure you wont find a bed couple running a soul avent for soulies. just a pity you did not get the chance to come to the empress verses east kirkby and some did from your neck of the woods you say banter , banter was the name of the game on that day. These would give the shirts of there backs to any one that needed them with out even a thought to them selfs. Come down i will pay for you and a friend to get in and buy you your first drinks you wont find a warmer welcome than what you will get here anywhere as for the the empress they lost out big time they cut there own throats and the promoters of the metrodome picked them self s up and dusted them self down and got on with doing what they do best giving 100% to this great scean of ours . long may they carry on doing so

Well said nit nurd my very good friend i have got to agree with every thing you have said

(belly chest aka Ian Bower for any one who wants to know who i am )

Guest belly chest

Well put Malc and now I'll have my two penn'orth as well.

Joy, Yockie Nel, Jean and Woody ran The Empress NS Nights extremely successfully for a long time until the management got greedy and very rudely ousted them in favour of their own greed. Not once throughout all nastiness that followed did I hear any of the above utter an openly bad word about any of them - they just wouldn't! They are the nicest people you could wish to meet and damn fine djs too! Before you aim derogatory remarks at them I suggest you try the Metrodome for yourself - put your dancing shoes where your mouth is so to speak. This is now one of the very best venues in this area and the attendance figures just confirm this.

Give it a go!

Jo xx

hear hear sweet heart well put

Guest belly chest

belly there aint shorts big enough for you me owd duck lol

Ha !thats were your wrong again nit nurd ive got an old pair of the pantry monsters from before he lost all his wieght (although ill have to take them in a mite an undertaking that Andrassys the marque makers have promised to do mamoth task though it is ) so im all kitted out and raring to go bring it on !!!! although i would like a fairer refferee than that person you managed to bribe at the empress v east kirkby do for the poor underprivalaged souls at east kirkby

let battle be joined

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Spot.shades

As already stated on this thread - you pay your money and you make your choice - I'm sure there are more than enough people in and around Yorkshire to fill both places and I hope both venues have successful nights. :thumbup:

As a long ago past 'attendee' of The Empress Rooms i have followed the recent events with interest and have arrived at the assumption that there are two sides to every story - one of which has been very publicly aired on these pages - and I'm sure things weren't as straight forward as they appear nor as contrived as people seem to think, but putting all that aside - come on guys - this is the soul scene and in my day we were about sticking togther and having a good time - not slagging each other off . You should be grateful that you have the choice of two good venues to go to. :smile:

What about respect and consideration!!!!

Does it not apply in this case.

Its strange that u didnt air your views earlier and have waited until page 3 to do so.

Your comments will make no difference what so ever to the numbers that will flock through the doors at the metrodome.

People will and can go where ever they like.Its a free country and individual choice.

You have a right to voice your opinion but i wish people would gather all the facts before making a comment.

As you say we are about sticking together and having a good time.not slagging each other of (but i think you missed stabbing each other in the back)

Opinions will allways differ thats life.

k.t.f

What about respect and consideration!!!!

Does it not apply in this case.

Its strange that u didnt air your views earlier and have waited until page 3 to do so.

Your comments will make no difference what so ever to the numbers that will flock through the doors at the metrodome.

People will and can go where ever they like.Its a free country and individual choice.

You have a right to voice your opinion but i wish people would gather all the facts before making a comment.

As you say we are about sticking together and having a good time.not slagging each other of (but i think you missed stabbing each other in the back)

Opinions will allways differ thats life.

k.t.f

I cant believe the comment by Cheryl , show your face and see for your self at the Metrodome, the promoters and notts crowd are more than friends , they are family and thats what the scene is about music , friendship , im not one to hold my tongue so Show up and see or shut the F*** up, you aint a clue what you are on about , my family in yorkshire and notts mean the world to me

Guest DiddleyDi

.. and this is exactly why I didnt post my opinion earlier - cos I didnt particulary want to get dragged into the bun fight.

No I dont think people should stand by and watch their mates be stabbed in the back - IF that is definately what has been done, but from what I hear the people who have taken over now are not the people who were initially going to do it and have only stepped in because people who are still willing to attend the Empress (obviously people other than the members who have posted supporting items on here ) have asked them repeatedly to do so.

I think what a lot of us forget (or might not even want to face ) is that so long as the DJ's are the ones they like, playing the music they like, 9 out of 10 punters would not even know - let alone care- who the promotors are. Sorry if this sounds patronising - it;s not meant to - a few of you know me from old and will probably be surprised I can even spell that let alone get dragged into this argument.

Guest BrandySistaShirl

.. and this is exactly why I didnt post my opinion earlier - cos I didnt particulary want to get dragged into the bun fight.

No I dont think people should stand by and watch their mates be stabbed in the back - IF that is definately what has been done, but from what I hear the people who have taken over now are not the people who were initially going to do it and have only stepped in because people who are still willing to attend the Empress (obviously people other than the members who have posted supporting items on here ) have asked them repeatedly to do so.

I think what a lot of us forget (or might not even want to face ) is that so long as the DJ's are the ones they like, playing the music they like, 9 out of 10 punters would not even know - let alone care- who the promotors are. Sorry if this sounds patronising - it;s not meant to - a few of you know me from old and will probably be surprised I can even spell that let alone get dragged into this argument.

I hear what your saying luvvy but i think 9 out of 10 punters would judge a venue

on the promoters because they build thier reputation on delivering a well organized venue.

these guys even gave soul people free do s at christmas to thank soulies for thier support.

every venue or charity do these promoters have put on are always 100 per cent fantastic.!!

honestly they have no malice what so ever.But lets not forget they are kind respectful people....WHO HAVE FEELINGS

K T F

Guest BrandySistaShirl

I cant believe the comment by Cheryl , show your face and see for your self at the Metrodome, the promoters and notts crowd are more than friends , they are family and thats what the scene is about music , friendship , im not one to hold my tongue so Show up and see or shut the F*** up, you aint a clue what you are on about , my family in yorkshire and notts mean the world to me

aww bless. :D

even nightnurse eh!!!x

the promoters at the old empress were also the resident dj,s they built up and made the empress a success ,thru sheer hard work and when the owner of the place uncerimonialy turfed them out because he wanted to cram the place to the rafters with people off the street and the promoters disagreed with him. thats basically the story

the owner of the empress then contacted various people to stage a northern night and to their credit these people turned him down till eventually he found some unscrupulous soulies who would put on an event despite what had gone before. this my friend is the story and no amount of mealy mouthed words can disguise the fact that some people will do anything regardless of the morality of the case in question and stick their fingers up at decent folk who in essence just wanted us soulies to have a good night

and where are these people who are begging for the empress to start up.. dont see them on here

the promoters at the old empress were also the resident dj,s they built up and made the empress a success ,thru sheer hard work and when the owner of the place uncerimonialy turfed them out because he wanted to cram the place to the rafters with people off the street and the promoters disagreed with him. thats basically the story

the owner of the empress then contacted various people to stage a northern night and to their credit these people turned him down till eventually he found some unscrupulous soulies who would put on an event despite what had gone before. this my friend is the story and no amount of mealy mouthed words can disguise the fact that some people will do anything regardless of the morality of the case in question and stick their fingers up at decent folk who in essence just wanted us soulies to have a good night

and where are these people who are begging for the empress to start up.. dont see them on here

anyhow.....

back to the business in hand.....

who's going?

(role call?)

Guest belly chest

anyhow.....

back to the business in hand.....

who's going?

(role call?)

i for one will definatly not be attending the empress ballrooms for any soul do,s (Ian Bower)

Guest Soul On A Stick

i for one will definatly not be attending the empress ballrooms for any soul do,s (Ian Bower)

Same Hereyes.gif

but if people wanna go there it's up to themsad.gif most of us know "Where It's At" next door to Barnsley FC.

Forget the empress its history and get the thread back on track.

regards Paul

Guest Soul On A Stick

The Metrodome

Just a couple of fun suggestions shhh.gif

1)Best presented Scooter yearly award, the scooter guys could park their chairs on the grass near the smoking area.

It would give others a chance to view them and imho it would be funbiggrin.gif during the summer of course.

2)Barnsley Metrodome SOUL ( BDDJ) "Best dressed DJ" yearly award, just imagine Yocki and nel in a whistle and flute,

Woody will take some beating thoughwink.gif

Any more planned appearances by the Fat Fellas?

DJs I would like to see @ the Metrodome are Mort, Brian Rae, Richard Cryer, Joe Lakin, Young Guns 'Rose @ Luke',Terry Wright,Mel Walker,Al Taylor, Mr Motown 'Westy'.shhh.gif

anyone else suggest some Fav DJs.

Regards

Paul

Edited by Soul On A Stick

Same Hereyes.gif

but if people wanna go there it's up to themsad.gif most of us know "Where It's At" next door to Barnsley FC.

Forget the empress its history and get the thread back on track.

regards Paul

Knowing full well that they have chosen to compete on the same dates as the established Metrodome , the Empress Illuminati and their followers , are intent on causing disruption and bad feeling .

In this day and age , we do not need this . People have the freedom , as part of living in a democracy , to make their own choices , and that is applicable to their choice of venue .

If people choose to go to The Metrodome , they will . If they choose to go to The Empress they will ; but the blatant discrediting of The Metrodome in the attempt to attract people through the doors of The Empress , is inexcusable.

Polite notice to the EI - advertise The Empress with your own / dedicated publicity thread on Soul Source ....... then people will make the choice of whether they read it or not , or more to the point , attend .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Knowing full well that they have chosen to compete on the same dates as the established Metrodome , the Empress Illuminati and their followers , are intent on causing disruption and bad feeling .

In this day and age , we do not need this . People have the freedom , as part of living in a democracy , to make their own choices , and that is applicable to their choice of venue .

If people choose to go to The Metrodome , they will . If they choose to go to The Empress they will ; but the blatant discrediting of The Metrodome in the attempt to attract people through the doors of The Empress , is inexcusable.

Polite notice to the EI - advertise The Empress with your own / dedicated publicity thread on Soul Source ....... then people will make the choice of whether they read it or not , or more to the point , attend .

Malc Burton

well said malcom

it would obviously have been better if those who have chosen to ressurrect the empress had chose another date for their event

most , if not all of this illfeeling would not have occured, and even though I have made my views known , had the promoters of the empress done so ,, then I would have seriously considered attending, but because they have chosen to directley compete with the metrodome (which they have a right to do so ) on principle and showing loyalty to my friends and the promoters of the metrodome and in the words of a fellow poster, am sticking together and will never darken the empress doorsteps until the situation is resolved

therefore the duckworths and the dingles will not be on tour at the empress

kinnell mi spelin gets wurser

Edited by barney

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY!!!:D

LISTENING TO BANDS AT THE WEST INDIAN CARNIVAL AT CHAPELTOWN, LEEDS DURING THE AFERNOON TIL EARLY EVENING, FOLLOWED BY BARNSLEY METRODOME LATER ON.thumbsup.gif

AS WE MISSED OUT ON THE LAST FRIENDSHIP NIGHT DUE TO OTHER COMMITMENTS, WE'RE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO CHILLING OUT TO THE TOP TUNES PLAYED IN MARK AND GEORDIE'S CHILL OUT ROOM AT THE METRODOME!!!:thumbup:

AV & PETE

Hi Bri,

could'nt have put it better myself, word perfect :thumbup: . That's how i wanted to sound but could'nt word it the same :g: .

As for this Chereyl lass :thumbup: , as we say in Yorkshire, "keep thi trap shut n thi nose art, till tha know's exactly what tha talkin a bart luv" :thumbup: .

How's that for wording, Woody :thumbup: .

Guest Bernie p

Well what can I say. Bernie and I are being fostered by Team Tarn at the moment. We were taken to the Empress Ballroom when Yockie and Co ran it, Hey they even asked Bernie to DJ. Now we go to the Metrodome because we get the same hospitality package as before. These people are the salt of the earth. If the people who have started up the Empress picked another night there would be none of this so called feuding. We travel over the Pennines quite often, as we live in Bolton - Manchester and we will not be attending the Empress Ballroom. Jack n Vera KTF

Well what can I say. Bernie and I are being fostered by Team Tarn at the moment. We were taken to the Empress Ballroom when Yockie and Co ran it, Hey they even asked Bernie to DJ. Now we go to the Metrodome because we get the same hospitality package as before. These people are the salt of the earth. If the people who have started up the Empress picked another night there would be none of this so called feuding. We travel over the Pennines quite often, as we live in Bolton - Manchester and we will not be attending the Empress Ballroom. Jack n Vera KTF

This is now an E*****S free thread , and a reiteration as to the purpose of it ........

THE METRODOME

QUEENS GROUND , BARNSLEY S70 1AN

SUNDAY AUGUST 29TH

7 PM - 2 AM

NORTHERN SOUL , OLDIES , MOTOWN & MODERN / CHILLOUT NIGHT

Guest DJs

ANDY DYSON ( LIFELINE )

NIGHT NURSE ( EAST KIRKBY )

MICK COOPS (SKEGNESS)

Chillout Room

Mark and Geordie plus Guest JOHN KANE

Resident DJs