Barnsley Metrodome ,queens Ground Barnsley S70 1An

Guest Soul On A Stick

This is now an E*****S free thread , and a reiteration as to the purpose of it ........

THE METRODOME

QUEENS GROUND , BARNSLEY S70 1AN

SUNDAY AUGUST 29TH

7 PM - 2 AM

NORTHERN SOUL , OLDIES , MOTOWN & MODERN / CHILLOUT NIGHT

Guest DJs

ANDY DYSON ( LIFELINE )

NIGHT NURSE ( EAST KIRKBY )

MICK COOPS (SKEGNESS)

Chillout Room

Mark and Geordie plus Guest JOHN KANE

Resident DJs

Alex, El Nel and Yocky

Fantastic Dance Floor - 30K SOUND SYSTEM -

Ample & Security CCTV Monitored car Park

Malc Burton

Well said Malc and I for one are pleased to hear that this is now an e*****s free threadyes.gif

I'm just gutted that I can't make this one due to going away with me mrs, bet ya it's packed to the rafters thoughthumbup.gif

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the night, and will defo make the next one!

Have a great time everyone.

Regards

Paul

Edited by Soul On A Stick
  • Replies 229
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well said Malc and I for one are pleased to hear that this is now an e*****s free threadyes.gif

I'm just gutted that I can't make this one due to going away with me mrs, bet ya it's packed to the rafters thoughthumbup.gif

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the night, and will defo make the next one!

Have a great time everyone.

Regards

Paul

Now that we are back on track with comments allied to The Metrodome , and this - despite going off on a slight tangent - has a connection with the said establishment .....

The recent photograph on SS taken at Brid , of The Metrodome's sound guru John " Towd Lad " Simms , got me thinking .......

Was John the stunt double for Tim Allen in " The Santa Clause " ?

Malc Burton

post-5097-12486118056666.jpg

This is now an E*****S free thread , and a reiteration as to the purpose of it ........

THE METRODOME

QUEENS GROUND , BARNSLEY S70 1AN

SUNDAY AUGUST 29TH

7 PM - 2 AM

NORTHERN SOUL , OLDIES , MOTOWN & MODERN / CHILLOUT NIGHT

Guest DJs

ANDY DYSON ( LIFELINE )

NIGHT NURSE ( EAST KIRKBY )

MICK COOPS (SKEGNESS)

Chillout Room

Mark and Geordie plus Guest JOHN KANE

Resident DJs

Alex, El Nel and Yocky

Fantastic Dance Floor - 30K SOUND SYSTEM -

Ample & Security CCTV Monitored car Park

Malc Burton

Nice one Malc :thumbup: ,

"you're the man" :thumbsup::D:lol: ,

Woody :thumbsup: .

Guest belly chest

Bang on rob defo got to get to this but its going to be hard to pick which room to be in at what time decisions decision eh g.gif always a top venue on the calender thumbup.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest belly chest

Now that we are back on track with comments allied to The Metrodome , and this - despite going off on a slight tangent - has a connection with the said establishment .....

The recent photograph on SS taken at Brid , of The Metrodome's sound guru John " Towd Lad " Simms , got me thinking .......

Was John the stunt double for Tim Allen in " The Santa Clause " ?

Malc Burton

you could be right (these were taken in lanzarote )

post-9566-12486880274691_thumb.jpg.jpg] post-9566-12486881153968_thumb.jpg

Edited by belly chest

Malc even scary pictures of John & Alex dressed as Umpa Lumpa's won't keep the Goole Massive at bay, we'll be there with bells on but not wishing to be out done by the Lightweights Team Tarn of Soul we shall be in attendance after cavorting the night away at Lifeline Nighter in Cannock closely followed by Mick H's beergarden extravaganza in Nottingham 9am start till Metrodome time, so it's Hardcore all the way, did this last time & managed not to crash & burn till nearly Midnight Barnsley time, God knows how I drove home & how I managed not to have a drink.g.gif

Take care, be safe & remember, "Sorry seems to be the hardest word to say",

Spot.shades.gif

Edited by spot

Malc even scary pictures of John & Alex dressed as Umpa Lumpa's won't keep the Goole Massive at bay, we'll be there with bells on but not wishing to be out done by the Lightweights Team Tarn of Soul we shall be in attendanceg.gif

Take care, be safe & remember, "Sorry seems to be the hardest word to say",

Spot.shades.gif

ar can tha call team tarn lightweights wi big dek in it,, yocki is a lightweight in team tarnbiggrin.gif

Guest BrandySistaShirl

ar can tha call team tarn lightweights wi big dek in it,, yocki is a lightweight in team tarnbiggrin.gif

bet he carnt drink wi brandy sisters

either.nar theres a challenge.!!!

Guest belly chest

ar can tha call team tarn lightweights wi big dek in it,, yocki is a lightweight in team tarn:D

once heard a comment when yocki, tom and dec were on stage at the same time as "the three tons of soul" or was that " three sons of soul"

Guest elnel

once heard a comment when yocki, tom and dec were on stage at the same time as "the three tons of soul" or was that " three sons of soul"

It was tons i think i made the coment , went to drax last night good night as usual , lost count of the number of people who aproached me for tickets for the metrodome , so just to reiterate ,its pay on the door folks ,just 4 quid will get you in to south yorkshires premier soul night ,so any one pannicking that they aint got tickets calm down cos nobody has its pay at the door . dont settle for cheap jack imatations come and enjoy the real thing youl be glad you did .xxgood.gif

Barnsley Metrodome ,queens Ground Barnsley S70 1An

This is were its gonna be top music/ top welcome/ great dance floor/ great bar/ and the queen of soul joy at the door/ now what more do you want top sound system wow its gonna be a big thing.Now i got the date right hey joy lol really looking forward to what is the best sunday night on the map just hope i remember and get there had rong date down for this one i blame all that mucky fat you lot keep plyin me with you putting somthing in it arnt you lol see you all soon . also hope side show nel will be there and micky 2 sticks or is it micky 2 rooms i give up with his names lol:thumbup:

Just bin looking at events to go to in yorkshire, as I like to travel even as far up as Scotland, but I don't think I would ever attend this do, as I have never read anything so bitchy, if someone else wishes to put another do on at the same time as this event then the people promoting Barnsley should be gracious and welcome a little bit of competion, instead all they seem to be doing is slagging the other event off, its a pity because us old school soulies are really a friendly bunch, so i've come to the conclusion that these promotors must be relatively new to the soul scene.

look on events calendar for the answer its not who you think it is

Guest belly chest

Dont forget the 'Dark Side' Ianwhistling.gif

post-1398-12493389627471_thumb.jpg

love the flyer Mark (ok to put it out and about ?) and i will definatley be attending "the dark side" at some point through the night

Carnt blooming wait !!!!

love the flyer Mark (ok to put it out and about ?) and i will definatley be attending "the dark side" at some point through the night

Carnt blooming wait !!!!

yes mate i have heard on the grape vine you will cross over to the dark side with micky2rooms hand in hand whistling.gif mmmmmmmmm read it how you like folks lol wicked.gifyes.gif

Just back from our world tour of corfu ,all refreshed and ready to go ,even the mad greek answer to evil knevel who tried to jump my dune buggy on his 600cc motorbike coundnt dampen our spirits for the metro dome , in fact jumping it was his only way of escape as i was taking the full road up ,allas poor old zorba ended up in hospital and elnel lives to tell the the tale ,well fancy being daft enough to be on the road at the same time as me ,he asked for it didnt he ? any way interest seems to be running high again for this one and i should think so with the line of absolutely top draw djs weve got .so to quote frankie went to middlewood .WELCOME TO THE METRODOME .:thumbup:

Gunna smash open the piggy bank for this one like!

Haven't been out to any do's lately cos have been skint but I can't miss Andy Dyson, who in my opinion is one of the top 5 DJs in the country.

Gordon

Just in :

Ben E King , Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller have re - written part of their classic song in honour of South Yorkshire's premier event ......

When the night has come

And the land is dark

And Yocki's full moon is the only light we'll see

No we won't be afraid , no we won't be afraid

Because we're together at The Metrodome tha see

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Guest belly chest

post-9566-12504149698869_thumb.jpg.JPG] post-9566-12504149828317_thumb.jpg

nice lyrics malc but if yockys doing a full moon im gonna be afraid very afraid

but on a more serious note on count down for this now carnt come soon enough and as you have said fantastic dj line up awaits in both rooms

post-9566-12504149698869_thumb.jpg.JPG] post-9566-12504149828317_thumb.jpg

nice lyrics malc but if yockys doing a full moon im gonna be afraid very afraid

but on a more serious note on count down for this now carnt come soon enough and as you have said fantastic dj line up awaits in both rooms

I will be wearing a rather loud - but tasteful - Hawaiian shirt on the 30th , in an attempt to outshine John Kane in the fashion stakes .......

Malc Burton

HAD A NATTER WITH MR DYSON THIS AFTERNOON AT THE HORSE AND GROOM AND THE MAN WAS IN TOP FORM ,HE IS ITCHING TO DO HIS STUFF AT THE METRODOME ,AND IF YOU REMEMBER THE SPOT HE DID FOR US AT THE OTHER PLACE WE YOUSED TO RUN THE MAN TOOK THE ROOF OF ,SO STAND BY ITS GONNA BE AWSOME ,BRING IT ON .

Guest belly chest

I will be wearing a rather loud - but tasteful - Hawaiian shirt on the 30th , in an attempt to outshine John Kane in the fashion stakes .......

Malc Burton

sorry malc but having seen john a few times over the years my moneys on him

post-9566-12504549814182_thumb.jpg

sorry malc but having seen john a few times over the years my moneys on him

As I stated , it would be " in an attempt to outshine John Kane " , so you could be right .....

Malc Burton

fast approaching this one and really looking forward to doing a spot for my good friends up there but the neves have started already and we got 2 weeks to go lolbe good to catch up with folks and spin some good old northern soul see you all soon i hope i get a chance to talk to micky2rooms some one hold on to him for me as we all know he might cross over lol

Guest belly chest

post-9566-12509361466787_thumb.jpg.JPG] post-9566-12509361596101_thumb.jpg

The best night out this year

really getting ready for this now what a weekend to look forward to the freindship boys at kingstone on sat night metrodome on sunday then gawber road w.m.c bank holiday monday

nearly as good as the bridlington weekender lol

ONLY 7 SLEEPS TO GO THEN BLAST OFF AT THE METRO DOME BIN A REALY GOOD BOY FOR WEEKS NOW SO IME READY FOR FUN A FROLLICS WITH ALL MY PALLS . CANT WAIT . ROLL ON NEXT WEEKEND thumbup.gif

shades.gif

hey , i know hes got wings he had em on show at bridshades.gif he thought he was an angel. he must have a ID problem he either a bat or a mothbiggrin.gif batty more like hey Nel

Rob

He is both , which makes him a BATH :lol:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

allus fort the wo summat o the neet abart nel ph34r.gif

mebbee ee,s a vampire n transmogrifies inter a bat nar n agin

a no he can bi a r8 count at timeswhistling.gif

That is a cat that dresses up in womens' clothes , is it not ? :lol:

Malc Burton

Source Advert