Hilcote Soul

Good afternoon to those of you who were lucky enough to enjoy an evening of sublime soul at Hilcote last night and commiserations to those of you who had to listen to the trite s****e trotted out by the Whitby DJ's. Your day should be brightened up by a Sam Moore sandwich (toasted between Nige Brown and Ginger Taylor) this afternoon. Shame that was the last Hilcote in this format. those of you who want to see what you've been missing come to the charity all dayer on August 15th. The DJ line up is fantastic if you like proper northern.:-D

• Replies 2
  • Views 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good afternoon to those of you who were lucky enough to enjoy an evening of sublime soul at Hilcote last night and commiserations to those of you who had to listen to the trite s****e trotted out by the Whitby DJ's. Your day should be brightened up by a Sam Moore sandwich (toasted between Nige Brown and Ginger Taylor) this afternoon. Shame that was the last Hilcote in this format. those of you who want to see what you've been missing come to the charity all dayer on August 15th. The DJ line up is fantastic if you like proper northern.:-D

Have had the pleasure of attending this venue on many occasions and have often wondered why it's not getting the support it deserves, with the fantastic dance floor, sublime music, cheap beer and run by two fantastic people it has everything a soul venue needs. So I'm sadened to hear that last night was the last night at Hilcote, but knowing Mick & Sandra as I do it won't be long before they have something else in the pipeline.

All the best you two and I'll see you back At Orrell in a few months.

Andy.

Have had the pleasure of attending this venue on many occasions and have often wondered why it's not getting the support it deserves, with the fantastic dance floor, sublime music, cheap beer and run by two fantastic people it has everything a soul venue needs. So I'm sadened to hear that last night was the last night at Hilcote, but knowing Mick & Sandra as I do it won't be long before they have something else in the pipeline.

All the best you two and I'll see you back At Orrell in a few months.

Andy.

i visited a few times and also cant understand why it doesnt get the support , fewer venues on this saturday of the month, anyway all the best with what happens in the future. thumbsup.gif