Norwich Northern Soul Night 24.7.09

Hi There,

Pleased to say a fantastic new venue has been found for the relaunch of The Norwich Backstreet Soul Club on Friday July 24th (100% 60s Special). We'll be at the Norwich Working Mens Club, 9 St Gregorys Alley, NR2 1ER. This is a tailor made venue with a great wooden dance floor, super sound system and separate bar with mega cheap drinks!!

DJs on the night will be Mike Bolderson (Prestatyn), Andy Gill (100 Club) and the rural Mafia team - Steve Copeman, Terry Starling, Frank Webster and new kid on the block Richard Read. All the DJs will be playing ovo and include something a bit different in their sets alongside current floorfillers and quality oldies.

Proceeds from the night will go to United Norwich Kidney Patients (Reg Charity No. 279467/R). This charity is special to me personally as I spent many years on dialysis before a transplant in 2004.

Admission is £5 on the door and for further info contact me on 07981 029 060 or 01603 449415.

EMail markschamberlin@gmail.com

Secure parking is at Duke Street (5 mins walk) which also houses a Travel Inn for anyone wishing to stay overnight.

Thanks for reading

Mark Cwink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Views 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Definetly be giving this a look it will be nice to have a quality local soul nite on thumbsup.gif

Thanks mate!

Indeed the DJs have super quality records - get there early for Richard Read's spot - CLASS!!

Heard there are a little crowd of Mancunians giving us a visit which should really add to the atmosphere! Also a must for anybody on holiday on the Norfolk Coast, Broads etc

Mark C wink.gif

Hi There,

Pleased to say a fantastic new venue has been found for the relaunch of The Norwich Backstreet Soul Club on Friday July 24th (100% 60s Special). We'll be at the Norwich Working Mens Club, 9 St Gregorys Alley, NR2 1ER. This is a tailor made venue with a great wooden dance floor, super sound system and separate bar with mega cheap drinks!!

DJs on the night will be Mike Bolderson (Prestatyn), Andy Gill (100 Club) and the rural Mafia team - Steve Copeman, Terry Starling, Frank Webster and new kid on the block Richard Read. All the DJs will be playing ovo and include something a bit different in their sets alongside current floorfillers and quality oldies.

Proceeds from the night will go to United Norwich Kidney Patients (Reg Charity No. 279467/R). This charity is special to me personally as I spent many years on dialysis before a transplant in 2004.

Admission is £5 on the door and for further info contact me on 07981 029 060 or 01603 449415.

Secure parking is at Duke Street (5 mins walk) which also houses a Travel Inn for anyone wishing to stay overnight.

Thanks for reading

Mark C:wink:

Welldone Mark ,

you have managed to get the best Venue in Norwich for this event. Cheap bar prices and a quality dance floor with a great layout. The Hall pictures on the Web do not do it justice. It looks like a cafe but behind the exterior there lies a huge function room. (like the outside of a building in the Harry Potter series). In this case it is Magic ........Northern soul Magic !!

I apologise again for stepping out of the event, bloody work has flexed it arm again and so i have to work and miss it. I am gutted as the venue is a cracker. I know the DJ collective will produce some superb sounds from all of that Original vinyl with a focus on playing sounds that are of a national quality as they all travel for the love of the music too. (no repro's or Cd lift tracks here )

It still amazes me how little some people on thescene know about this part of the countrys soul following.

How many years has the Backstreet been on the map now ?

Who were some of the national DJs who have played in Norwich at some point ?

This truly deserves to be a big night with a good turn out .

All the best on the night, regards Frank

Welldone Mark ,

you have managed to get the best Venue in Norwich for this event. Cheap bar prices and a quality dance floor with a great layout. The Hall pictures on the Web do not do it justice. It looks like a cafe but behind the exterior there lies a huge function room. (like the outside of a building in the Harry Potter series). In this case it is Magic ........Northern soul Magic !!

I apologise again for stepping out of the event, bloody work has flexed it arm again and so i have to work and miss it. I am gutted as the venue is a cracker. I know the DJ collective will produce some superb sounds from all of that Original vinyl with a focus on playing sounds that are of a national quality as they all travel for the love of the music too. (no repro's or Cd lift tracks here )

It still amazes me how little some people on thescene know about this part of the countrys soul following.

How many years has the Backstreet been on the map now ?

Who were some of the national DJs who have played in Norwich at some point ?

This truly deserves to be a big night with a good turn out .

All the best on the night, regards Frank

Thanks Frank,

Yes, it's a really deceptive venue from the outside, set in the little backstreets of Norwich and well away from the madding crowds!! I've walked in there a few times recently and it seems to grab me by the bo**ocks each time, it's that atmospheric! We've also booked FRIDAYS 25th Sept and 27th Nov so you'll get a chance to spin a few then no doubt!!

We are stuck out of the way a little but it's not that bad with improving roads so hopefully a few more travellers will check us out before long. The following are some of the DJs who have made the trek - Soul Sam, Rob Smith, Carl Fortnum, Sean Chapman, Brian Rae, Ian Clark, Shifty, Tony Warot, Mark Bicknell, Roger Banks, Pat Allen plus several others in the past 26 years!!

And not forgetting our plentiful local collectors who are the backbone of the events

Mark

Quick reminder for this Friday's Backstreet night in Norwich. Been passed venue today and it's only £2.10 a pint! :good:

Should be a great weekend with Martin of Circular Sound holding his next instalment of Northern and Motown on the Saturday night (25th) at Comfortably Numb - just round the corner from Friday's venue in St. Benedicts street.

Mark C:wink:

Hi There,

Thanks for reading

Mark Cwink.gif

have a good one tonight,Billythumbup.gif