York Soul Club 4 July 2009

Just want to say really enjoyed last night. Sorry, but didn't get to the do in time to hear Trev's spot, got there for Tony's. Tony and John Parker both played blinders also.

Both Dawn and Dave did excellent sets. Two records which Dave played that stood out for me were both the Gloria Howe records and the Knight Brothers record.

It was my sister Lee-ann (Kelbot on here) and boyfriend Phil's first time at York Soul Club and they were very impressed also. Only complaint I have is the music was was so good last night that I didn't want to go to the toilet as I was afraid I was going to miss a good record. Can we have the toilets relocated next to the do please :laugh:

Was great to see fellow North Easterners there makes it home from home :D Thank you to all the York regulars for being so welcoming. :wave: I will be back in August.

Nev you missed an excellent night :D

Suz

x

• Replies 8
  • Views 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

once more well worth the trip down

if only i could find place quicker

i might have heard nore of dawn c

only caught last few tunes but what tunes

mr rivers wounderfull

and as always top fin 2 nite by the boys

nice 2 c don and christine always good fun

BRING ON NEXT ONE

I HAVE SAT NAV laugh.gif AND FOR RICHARD FOR LAUGH IN CAR BACK 2 YORK

NICE 2 C CARL AND MARIE W TOP PEOPLE

Just want to say really enjoyed last night. Sorry, but didn't get to the do in time to hear Trev's spot, got there for Tony's. Tony and John Parker both played blinders also.

Both Dawn and Dave did excellent sets. Two records which Dave played that stood out for me were both the Gloria Howe records and the Knight Brothers record.

It was my sister Lee-ann (Kelbot on here) and boyfriend Phil's first time at York Soul Club and they were very impressed also. Only complaint I have is the music was was so good last night that I didn't want to go to the toilet as I was afraid I was going to miss a good record. Can we have the toilets relocated next to the do please :laugh:

Was great to see fellow North Easterners there makes it home from home :D Thank you to all the York regulars for being so welcoming. :wave: I will be back in August.

Nev you missed an excellent night :D

Suz

x

suz...next time bring a bucket with you.....

had a great time , had a chance to play some bits that i havent played before ( theres still plenty left though !!!!!)

shame i couldnt stay till the finish as i was supposed to be djin at whitby , in the end didnt! still had a great night with friends!

nice to meet donald jones ( see you christmas mate)

thanks tony and tracy for asking me , will be back next month!!!

dave

another top night at york, good turn out, a few regulars missing, but, lots of new faces, everyone was up for a good time, even though a lot of us were still exhausted from last weekends fun & frolics at bridd. busy dancefloor, top sounds & not a bloody vest in sight, only complaint ive got is 1 o'clock came round too soon, anyway heres what i played 8 - 9

chi-lites - shes mine - blue rock

mikki farrow - could it be - karate

billy kennedy - groovy generation - thelma

volumes - the trouble ive seen - impact

theresa lindsey - its love - correc-tone

greg perry - love control - chess

embers - first time - jcp

bobby wisdom - handwriting - out-a-site test press

lyrics - keep me close to your heart - j.w.j

mary love - stoney face - modern

frank howard - im so glad - barry

gwen davis - i cant be your part time baby - s.s.7

arcades - theres got to be a loser - triad

geraldine curry - you're so wonderful - london house

brown bombers & soul partners - wait for me - amazing

blues busters - cant believe that you're gone - dynamics

T n T

To say what was on on Saturday & what had been on in June thought the turnout was excellent & proof what a good name the York Soul Club night's have to bring soulies back time & again aswell as new faces each time coming to see what all the fuss is about :thumbsup:

The music is always quality but thought Dawn & Dave brought some great different tunes to the decks & great to hear Tony & John playing a few different things aswell as the usual floorfillers,Lynn rarely comments on dj's sets but was raving about Trev's opening spot which goes to show it was quality from record one to the ending record.

So looking forward to August when guests Pete Hulatt & Liam Quinn will add to the fun & games.

Cheers

Martyn

Guest chris

Thanks Tracy, Tony n John

Had a smashin night again...well worth the journey...thumbsup.gif

Some great stuff played by all the dj's...yes.gif

Lovely to see you Melv...rolleyes.gif

Excellent night...thumbup.gif

Chris n Don xx

Guest tony hatfield

Thanks Tracy, Tony n John

Had a smashin night again...well worth the journey...thumbsup.gif

Some great stuff played by all the dj's...yes.gif

Lovely to see you Melv...rolleyes.gif

Excellent night...thumbup.gif

Chris n Don xx

Thanx to all the regulars for your continued support and nice to see some new faces on saturday, i was feeling a bit Knackered after Brid it was straight back to work (no rest for the wicked) so didnt feel my usual self as still tired, but must thank also Dave and Dawn for two brilliant sets and a;so John and Trev for doing the usual brill spots.

Glad those who made the journey enjoyed it and heres to the next one in August with 2 more top guests see website for details www.yorksoulclub.com and pics etc.

All the best Tony

Guest tony hatfield

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS, ANOTHER TOP NITE WITH GREAT COMPANY.

TREV THANK YOU FOR PLAYLIST,PLEASE WHEN YOU HAVE TIME JOHN, DAWN & DAVE PLAYLISTS WOULD BE NICE.

HOPE YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT ON 1ST AUGUST.

ATB

TRACY