Whitby Soul Weekender

Thank You to everyone who attended the Whitby Weekender.

We are not going to make much of a fuss, we'll simply let DJ's and attendees comment on the event.

We were full....the weather was superb....the people who were there were even better. Experience counts!

JULY 2-4, 2010 Tickets are now only £30 due to hard ball negotiations with a few suppliers!

Sam, Kev, Snowy and our staff. x

• Replies 36
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We are not going to make much of a fuss, we'll simply let DJ's and attendees comment on the event.

We were full....the weather was superb....the people who were there were even better. Experience counts!

JULY 2-4, 2010 Tickets are now only £30 due to hard ball negotiations with a few suppliers!

Really pleased it went well.. heard from friends it was fab.

Extremely gutted that I missed it so this week I'm booking my accom for next year so I don't miss out again!.

Jayne.x. thumbup.gif

I was there Friday and Saturday for all sessions and loved it. Couldn't stay Sunday cos I had to get back to pack for two weeks hols.

My legs are still aching from way too much dancing! thumbup.gif

Edited by jim g
Guest hatman

Really Pleased that it was such a good weekend

Have had lots of callls from friends who went saying it was great

Really gutted to have missed this years but be sure will be there next one

Still have Costa del Soul to make up for it

Will post more later , but a quick quick heads up ...

Thanks to all who made for a fantastic weekend for us

Even the gods smiled the weather was glorious

Goes without saying it's a stunning location and fantastic venue

Great crowd in fact I'd even suggest the best Whitby weekender to date ....has it really been 8 years ?

Nice surprise to see the addition of a third 'freestyle' room in the foyer area on Sun

Growing popularity of the downstairs modern room on Saturday evening what a set from Colin Curtis

Thanks for the opportunity to do a short Michael Jackson 'Whitby weekender' tribute and play his 1st ever recording on Steeltown got a mixture of tears and quiet reflection ...

Edited by andybellwood

A very enjoyable way to spend a weekend in the sun , we couldn't have wished for better weather.

I have done a bit of a blog I warn you now that there is always lots of food content in my posts :thumbsup:

Whitby isn't just about a great soul weekender, it's about a great North east seaside town that has lots of charm. A much loved location by many that incorporate a great seaside holiday with fab entertainment on tap too.

A very well supported weekend by those that come back year after year so if you want to pencil it in for next year

get in there early cause those B&B's are already being booked for next year.

Will post some pictures later

Guest Brigid

Will post more later , but a quick quick heads up ...

Thanks to all who made for a fantastic weekend for us

Even the gods smiled - the weather was glorious

Goes without saying it's a stunning location and fantastic venue

Great crowd - in fact I'd even suggest the best Whitby weekender to date ....has it really been 8 years ?

Nice surprise to see the addition of a third 'freestyle' room in the foyer area on Sun

Growing popularity of the downstairs modern room on Saturday evening- what a set from Colin Curtis

Thanks for the opportunity to do a short Michael Jackson 'Whitby weekender' tribute and play his 1st ever recording on Steeltown - got a mixture of tears and quiet reflection ...

We decided late to go to Whitby,after just getting back from holls so only managed to get up for the Saturday night.But what a night it was,the main room was like a sauna every hour after a few dances you had to get outside for a cooler.I went through a few shirt changes through the night.The place was fantastic,packed solid and rockin' right till the end.All the DJs played good sets with Sean Chapman again emerging as a crowd fave,even managed to secure a long time vinyl want from him.The dancefloor was great and although a few soul tourists were in they were swamped by the big attendance of regular Soulies.Bumped into Terry Finn and wished i had more time to talk to him about records, i like his attitude to the scene.Tried to cram every drop out of the night but it was over too soon.Because We had left it late All the digs had long been filled so me and the wife had to drive back to Donny in the morning totally knackered.Well done all involved its a must do event for every Soulie.

Guest Brigid

Well what can I say, first Whitby weekender for Ethna, Olly, Chris and myself. We had just the best time, met some really lovely people, danced too much (as usual!!) this will definately be in the calendar for next year. Only disappointment was that we didn't film Ethna and Paul at the Metro when they swapped shoes on the dance floor and Paul had Ethna's white stilleto heels on, amazingly he was still able to dance as well (maybe not quite as many jumps!)

There was a lovely crowd at the Royal Hotel where we stayed, the three couples from Mancester and Burnley were great fun, looking forward to listening to your radio programme Diana and Alan. Saturday morning gave us the scooter spectacle, so nice of you guys to put a show on right outside our front door!

Anyway back to reallity now and plotting our next outing.

Many thanks to the organisers for providing such a brill event.

Guest Soul On A Stick

Another thoroughly enjoyable weekend at Whitby for me, made even better this year by the lovely sunshine.shades

I spent most of my time in the main room and highlights for me were cracking DJ spots from Andy Bellwood, Richard Cryer, & Sean Chapman.:good:

Great to see so many friends I've not seen for a while, I'm burnt out after two top weekenders in a row, and ready for some sleep.:sleep3:

Will try to upload some photos later.

Regards to all

KTF

Paul:D

Edited by Soul On A Stick

first time for Cathy and me and we can now see what all the fuss is about

lovely town and a great weekender; a very friendly event , and we we're made to feel valued and welcome newcomers by lots and lots of people

heard some great tunes over top sound systems [ upstairs and downstairs ], which was all squeezed in between an absolute stonkin set of meals out, wining and dining with Christine and Ginger

Prestwich on Friday , Whitby for the weekend - loved it !

pete lyster

first time for Cathy and me and we can now see what all the fuss is about

lovely town and a great weekender; a very friendly event , and we we're made to feel valued and welcome newcomers by lots and lots of people

heard some great tunes over top sound systems [ upstairs and downstairs ], which was all squeezed in between an absolute stonkin set of meals out, wining and dining with Christine and Ginger

Prestwich on Friday , Whitby for the weekend - loved it !

pete lyster

Isn't it just a fab venue. What other room could you see the beach and sea from the dancefloor. The pic on my phone screensaver is the best pic I've ever taken and it's the view out to sea from the modern room at Whitby when the sun was setting a few years ago. Just fab!

Jayne.x

Guest stash313

Isn't it just a fab venue. What other room could you see the beach and sea from the dancefloor. The pic on my phone screensaver is the best pic I've ever taken and it's the view out to sea from the modern room at Whitby when the sun was setting a few years ago. Just fab!

Jayne.x

Yes my 20th birthday weekend away top week that, York then onto Whitby.

We should do it again next year, I miss Whitby will certainly be back over next year if Miss Bury Soul allows us to?

Guest LittleJazzyDavid

hi everybody little jazzy dave here.smile.gif absoulutley fantastic whitby weekender. i think i did the right thing in going well and truly.made a few friends over the weekend.the food in the town was nice. the dj line up was fantastic and of course the music.smile.gif late night for me on saturday came out at 05.am. a bit worse for wear. the whitby golf tournament on sunday was good funtongue.gif many thanks to soul on a stick buddy,craig and the south emsall soul crew. got to go know folks. see you all soon dave.thumbup.gif

Yes my 20th birthday weekend away top week that, York then onto Whitby.

We should do it again next year, I miss Whitby will certainly be back over next year if Miss Bury Soul allows us to?

It's done kid. thumbsup.gif

Birthday celebrations in the modern room at Whitby next year so let our

favourite loonies & best party people know before all the accom in the town goes again:D

Jayne.x.

Just to say thanks to all the south emsall soul crew for the fantastic company, enjoyed every minute of it, though I am going to have to practice at my crazy golf, before I do somebody an injurywhistling:D

The weather was lovely & I enjoyed the do's. A big thank you to Andy Bellwood for offering to play Bobby Kline for our anniversary, even though Ginger buggered up his plans by playing it 5 mins before he came on, I still wanted him to play it, but I knew he'd get killed by the soul police for playing it twicewhistling:D

Oh & father in law, hope he's been a dutiful son today & been round & done your lawn, though looking at the state of him yesterday you'll be lucky if he's got out of the bed, the lightweight:D

Kx

Guest Soul On A Stick

Just to say thanks to all the south emsall soul crew for the fantastic company, enjoyed every minute of it, though I am going to have to practice at my crazy golf, before I do somebody an injurywhistling.gifbiggrin.gif

The weather was lovely & I enjoyed the do's. A big thank you to Andy Bellwood for offering to play Bobby Kline for our anniversary, even though Ginger buggered up his plans by playing it 5 mins before he came on, I still wanted him to play it, but I knew he'd get killed by the soul police for playing it twicewhistling.gifbiggrin.gif

Oh & father in law, hope he's been a dutiful son today & been round & done your lawn, though looking at the state of him yesterday you'll be lucky if he's got out of the bed, the lightweightbiggrin.gif

Kx

He's be praying for rain Kirstynono.gif and guess what ,Thunder storms 30 mins before he's due to arrivethmbdn.gif

I'm going to make sure I track him down later on in the week thoughshhh.gif

Pleased you both enjoyed Whitby, good to see you both so happy .

Paul

Guest mvb031259

What a great weekend againthumbsup.gif ....... Absolutally loved it, the Whitby weekend is the whole package for us...... Gotta say last year was wanting the windows blacked out but when we got there thought hmmm.... something's missing it was those wonderfull sea views, glad they took them down saturday night what a sight to see the sun comming upbiggrin.gif .......Didn't go in the modern room as that's just not me but friends said they had a great time in there, and the main room was fantastic.....thumbup.gifthumbup.gif. We can all find the odd tune we didn't like and other tiny little things but why pull down what was such a fantastic weekend. So much hard work and planning must go in to these events i just think it's hats off to the promoters....... thumbup.gif Our accomadation is re-booked for next year, looking forward to Blackpool now...... and my knees stopping achinggood.gifgood.gif .....

That was just one Cracker of a weekender!!!!Music,people and place were brilliant!!

Thanks a million to everyone concerned!!Did you all go up the 199 steps!??

Webby - were you playing out on Sat night?

It was a last minute decision for me to go to Whitby so I only went for the Sat night. I did look out for you but seen as I havent seen you (& those dungarees:wink: ) for 17 years I didnt have a clue what I was looking for. I did ask Jane (Geordi Bri's) friend & she said she would point you out if she stumbled across you but alas it wasnt to be.

I spent most of my night in the Modern Room (Bob Hindsley is god & pure genius & Andy Davies played a blinder). I did venture up the stairs (not the 199 ones!!!) & boy was it hot in that room & very packed. If you spent most of your weekend in there I commend you. I could only last 2 mins at a time then had to step outside for oxygen!!

Glad you enjoyed the weekend & its nice to have you back.

Ali x

The Robin Hood Soul Club

"Edwinstowe"

Gives thanks to a team that did an excellent job yet again

@

Whitby's Soul Weekender

Got to go next year

post-1166-12470427659576_thumb.jpg

post-1166-12470511845854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dendog

Just to say thanks to all the south emsall soul crew for the fantastic company, enjoyed every minute of it, though I am going to have to practice at my crazy golf, before I do somebody an injurywhistling.gifbiggrin.gif

The weather was lovely & I enjoyed the do's. A big thank you to Andy Bellwood for offering to play Bobby Kline for our anniversary, even though Ginger buggered up his plans by playing it 5 mins before he came on, I still wanted him to play it, but I knew he'd get killed by the soul police for playing it twicewhistling.gifbiggrin.gif

Oh & father in law, hope he's been a dutiful son today & been round & done your lawn, though looking at the state of him yesterday you'll be lucky if he's got out of the bed, the lightweightbiggrin.gif

Kx

Nice one Kirsty .

Its quiet a challenge to avoid repeats and in this particular instance having listened to Ginger's, Sam Moore's and the other DJs preceding sets – I had to rapidly re pack my play box ...Great record though Bobby Kline is , playing it again so soon was not, in my judgement , appropriate (sorry) and always a difficult area as the engagement of the punters and DJs at Whitby is wonderfully intense in so far as requested sounds, some of which unbeknown to the requester had been played earlier before they arrived....

That all said , Friday and Sunday in the main room gave me the opportunity of playing Carl Kennedy vs. MYNC Project 'Ride the Storm' , Gabin feat Dee Dee Bridgewater 'Into my Soul', Jackie Ross 'Trust in me' , Star –Treks 'Gonna need magic' etc along side the up front classics such as 'Ronnie McNeir 'Sitting in my class' , Unique Blend 'Yes i'm in love' , Prince Ella & Sidney Jones 'Baby , Sugar, I love you' , Delites 'Lover', Barbara McNair 'Your gonna love my baby' , Delcos 'Arabia' , Dottie & Millie 'Talkin' about my baby' etc . Got real buzz from the appreciative reaction to the lesser known sounds ....

Great weekend – you obviously enjoyed yourself.

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, SAT 17th OCTOBER

MAIN BALL ROOM (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England ) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Perpignan Soul Weekender 2010

Edited by andybellwood

Great weekend in a great location, Whitby's just fab! Well done Kev, Sam, Snowy et al thumbsup.gif

Good response downstairs for the modern sessions, it's a big space to fill for a modern room but the feedback and vibe was very positive.

Like I'd said in the lead up posts, Whitby's simply a great place to be even without the massive bonus of the music we love. And that sunset on Friday evening was spectacular, well done for arranging it Kev laugh.gif ....

Also, met some great new friends this year and hooked up with the usual smiling faces so all was well yes.gif

Managed the obligitory giant haddock and chips along with a crisp bottle of white (oooo listen to him! laugh.gif) at the Magpie on Saturday lunchtime too, which kicked off a rather blurry-by-the-end-of-it all-day sesh unsure.gif Had to go for a kip about 8 before regrouping for the CC spectacular!!!

Well done all involved. We're booked for next year already!

Guest mvb031259

A few pics now uploaded to the Gallery sectionbiggrin.gif

Regards

Paul

Great pic's missing it already ROLL ON 2nd JULY 2010 i saygood.gifgood.gif

Well done and thanks to Kev,the Dj's and all concerned in hosting another 'Whitby winner'

Our little group had a ball!

there's something about this event--a combination of people insistent on a good time, lovely little town,superb weather this time!,inclusion of a nighter--and a will to play when needed 'good time party soul' that just lifts the spirits in that awesome venue.

the acid test was-and this made me laugh--when one of the Whitby virgins' in our group says 'I didn't see a miserable b**tard all weekend':D

So cottage with balcony and seaview booked for next year:yes:

Guest Soul On A Stick

Well I've just about recovered from a cracking weekend, top marks to Sam & Kev for also taking the time to run a charity raffle.good.gif

I'm never lucky enough to win anything in raffle draws thoughsad.gif

Any chance of an update on how much you manged to raise for a very good cause please.

Regards

Paul

Seems it's that time of year again, the Wonderful Weekend that is Whitby & Co, and this year it's Sunshine time as well, so I go deliver

my Drugs (Lloyd's Pharmacy type,ok) while Gail does the important bit

of packing Togs,Beer & Chilli, just after 2 we're off, missing the A64 cos

it's got road works causing a bottle neck (Oh no it hasn't,Oh yes it has)

so via Wetwang we go & what a scenic route it is, soon the site of the

Abbey is within spitting distance & we're there, this year it new digs

(that Gary & Claire have already opened up & together with Steve LeAir

& Bev have been & collected all the wristbands for the weekend)

a Cottage directly opposite the Granby pub, perfect location or what,beer.gif

unload car & hoist clobber up to the bedroom via the stairs that are

as steep as the South face of the K2 & even worse descending, check

out back yard & blow me down with a feather who do we find sharing

it but Mel Walker & his merry little band, so no danger upsetting the

neighbors with the noise, result. Next up phone calls to ensure the

entire posse's arrived in the form of Col & Shirl Wood, Paul & Gill

Feeney, Wendy & Simon, all present & correct. Into Granby for a

quick pint then the yearly ritual of a Fresh Fish & Chip followed by a

kip to rid myself of a thumping headache, shower & shave & we're

out the door, let the fun begin!!!!!thumbup.gif

This year the doormen actually use their heads & open 2 doors, one

for those who already have bands & the other for those who need

banding, so no long wait, a quick glance through the square window

& people are already up dancing & through the round windows

there's no sunlight, Hoorah about time, now it feels like it should but

this won't last, apparently a woman complained so the blackout was

removed. A quick scouting of the venue & greetings to Snowy,Kev,

Sam, Sean Chap & Michelle, Soul Sam, John M, Geoff & Sue Claxton,

Wally, Andy Bell, Cairnsie, John Jones,Kenny & Eddie plus many more,

Big Ian arrives with human sat-nav Mick H, Mandy & Wendy in tow &

even though I've given them perfect directions they had missed a

turn so detouring via the A174, therefore Mr H shall now be known

as Middlesborough Mick.rolleyes.gif

By this time the main room was very busy & exceptionally hot, so

much so I couldn't get in to see Tizzy & Jill at the far side on his

T-shirt stall, that would wait while tomorrow, however the place

was buzzing & the floor on fire with dancers, Oldies,Oldies & more

Oldies & boy they were loving it,however I must say that the Boy

Bellwood did a stonking set with variety & aplomb that I thoroughly

enjoyed & set me up for the night, which was spent neverendingly

wandering trying to keep cool, so 20 min's main room, 20 min's

foyer to cool down, 20 min's down in Modern room & repeat as

necessary all night. 1am saw Mick H hit the decks & part way

through did a short tribute to Michael Jackson which was not

enjoyed by all in the room, in fact 1 fool marched up & told him

They didn't come here for that & to get some music on, theres

always one eh??? By 2am it was thinning out & Sam finished off

with a top spot which Mad as a March Hare Mandy missed cos

she'd peaked to early or was it pi**ed to early, I'm not sure???

farewell to the Nottingham Nut Bangers & even the Seagulls

squawk their agreement. Wander back to Chez Soul & a quick

nightcap & bed by 5am.sleep3.gif

New day, new dawn & out for paper & Cheese & Bacon Croissants,

back to bed till 1 then a wander round with the mass of normality

down round the Bridge & cobbled streets, back up the hill after an

hour or so meanderings & avoiding Formula Buggie Bird & Lobster

Pink Tattoo man, I'm sure that Hills bleeding steeper & longer going

up than it is coming down, the girls return to sort out the Chilli for

tea while Gary & I chance our arm back at the Pavilion, which is

not very busy due to the fab weather, I spend a little time with

Geoff & Sue Claxton then Tizzy & Jill, pass pleasantries with Kirsty

& D, Ronnie & Kim, Steve & his Lady, Westy & Pat, Col & Champ

plus various 1st timers from Goole but by 4:30 enough, so back I

go for Beer & Chilli followed by a kip, then its Sauna time again sweatingbullets.gif

down by the Sea with the Niter Crew, Neil & Dolly Jones arrive

10'ish & Dave Rivers & Steph after midnight, at 3am the music

starts for me with Neil, Col & Soul Sam playing a mix of different

Oldies & Nighter tunes, prior to that I could have sworn I heard

The Tams, Elgins & Supremes "Where did our love go",shhh.gif though I

must say Chappers & Ginger mixed it up a little earlier on, so till

6 we had a bit of a boogie & a hell of a laugh, then all back to ours

for tea & toast even though we were a little tightly packed like

sardines in a can, 8:30 was eviction time, also it was parking fine

time after that also, so off they trot & we hit the pit.hypo.gif

More of the same Sunday afternoon but cooler & enjoying some

nice sounds in the record bar area, to round the weekend off we

arrange to meet at ours at 7:30 & partake of food in our local

Bistro, so Gail & I,Gary & Claire, Col & Shirl, Sean & Michelle with

Steve & Bev descend on said place at 8:15 & take over half the

place, I recognize the waitress from last year & she obviously

recognizes us, as her face drops & she loses the will to live in an

instant, yes we were as loud as evershout.gif & as funny as ever & yes we

managed to empty the place & frighten the kids to death but then

we did spend a Kings ransom & that made them happy also.

Goodbyes & hugs etc on the corner & it's just about over for

another year, just one more thing to do after we've packed up

& are on our way, that's to call at the Deli/Butchers in Sleights,

excellent choice, must be good I spent £60 & I'm a bloody

Yorkshireman, so be good & keep Souling till next year & will

people keep away from my motor please, as this is the third year

someone has bumped/scuffed it & it's not funny anymore!!!ranting_1.gif

Take care, be safe & remember," We're busy doing nothing, working

the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do, we're

busy going nowhere, isn't it such a crime? We'd like to be unhappy

but we never do have the time",

Spot. shades.gif

p.s. Sorry about how it looks but was told to cut & paste as you can't save on SS & this is how it pasted in.g.gif

Edited by spot

Well I've just about recovered from a cracking weekend, top marks to Sam & Kev for also taking the time to run a charity raffle.good.gif

I'm never lucky enough to win anything in raffle draws thoughsad.gif

Any chance of an update on how much you manged to raise for a very good cause please.

Regards

Paul

Evering Dad how are you ,im sure you are suffering with alzeimers because you live in a flat and you own a motorised stick :thumbup: he he love you.

Jane and myself were quite intoxicated as we realized who each other were,not seen her for over 15 years and it was about 4am.She said something about Alison and that was the last l saw of her...Would loved to have seen you and l might have and not known!!Great weekend though eh!?? xx

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif !!! She was getting quite sozzled early on in the night so I can imagine what you were both like at 4 !! Quality - I wish I could ave seen you both trying to make sense of each other. laugh.gif

I only went Sat night but it was a damn good night !!!

Al xx

Guest Raywebster

post-10530-12471802244315_thumb.jpgpost-10530-12471804084081_thumb.jpgpost-10530-12471805140209_thumb.jpgI can't really add to much that has already been said, it was my 5th year and as usual was all it lived up to. Enjoyed most of everything and nothing really that i didn't enjoy. All Dj's did very good sets, but thats what you expect from top liners. Ginger as always my favourite, being what i class as a proper Dj with a personality to match. I thought the "Peperami Dj" aka Sean Chapman was also very good and manic with it, but thats what we like about him, he doesn't just play the sounds as much as throw them at you, long may he continue. I got loads of pics and video's, the video's going on Youtube as and when i get time, but about 6 already posted. I do have a pic of the guy dancing in Stilletto's up in the Met bar, if i can suss out how to put them on here i will,

Ray.

Edited by Raywebster

whitby delivered yet again.... ! we went to Brid the weekend before and were wondering how it would effect our yearly outing to whitby??? ...... answer, .... no effect whatsoever really,... seemed just as full, just as hot, just as much fun as always....with great people in a superb setting....so we were really pleased :thumbup:

had a great time with the "robin hood soul club" mob......:yes:

how can it all get better ? perhaps this is a very simplistic view, but a view from most i spoke to,..... please promoters, sort yerselves out....one weekender sooooooo close to the other yet again is a shame, we were lucky enough to be able to attend both superb weekenders....but the closeness of the two dates make people choose, when in reallity many more would love to do both, :good:

but whatever, looks like both again next year and a week in A & E to recover in between....whistling

pete n' susan KTF

whitby delivered yet again.... ! we went to Brid the weekend before and were wondering how it would effect our yearly outing to whitby??? ...... answer, .... no effect whatsoever really,... seemed just as full, just as hot, just as much fun as always....with great people in a superb setting....so we were really pleased thumbup.gif

had a great time with the "robin hood soul club" mob......yes.gif

how can it all get better ? perhaps this is a very simplistic view, but a view from most i spoke to,..... please promoters, sort yerselves out....one weekender sooooooo close to the other yet again is a shame, we were lucky enough to be able to attend both superb weekenders....but the closeness of the two dates make people choose, when in reallity many more would love to do both, good.gif

but whatever, looks like both again next year and a week in A & E to recover in between....whistling.gif

pete n' susan KTF

perhaps this is a very simplistic view, but a view from most i spoke to,..... please promoters, sort yerselves out....one weekender sooooooo close to the other yet again is a shame

WHITBY SOUL WEEKENDER has been at the beginning of July since 2002.

Thanks for attending.

Guest Raywebster

Hi Ray , could you post the links to the u tube videos as and when the're loaded - lookin' forward to the memories of a magnificent weekender

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, SAT 17th OCTOBER

MAIN BALL ROOM (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England ) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Perpignan Soul Weekender 2010

Hi Andy, i'm not sure how you do posting links but if you go on Youtube and type in Whitby Weekender 2009 or Whitby Soul Weekender or my site name "Cobbywebbo" you will see them all. Some good dancers featured and some not so good, but everyone having a ball.

Ray.

Guest LittleJazzyDavid

post-10530-12471802244315_thumb.jpgpost-10530-12471804084081_thumb.jpgpost-10530-12471805140209_thumb.jpgI can't really add to much that has already been said, it was my 5th year and as usual was all it lived up to. Enjoyed most of everything and nothing really that i didn't enjoy. All Dj's did very good sets, but thats what you expect from top liners. Ginger as always my favourite, being what i class as a proper Dj with a personality to match. I thought the "Peperami Dj" aka Sean Chapman was also very good and manic with it, but thats what we like about him, he doesn't just play the sounds as much as throw them at you, long may he continue. I got loads of pics and video's, the video's going on Youtube as and when i get time, but about 6 already posted. I do have a pic of the guy dancing in Stilletto's up in the Met bar, if i can suss out how to put them on here i will,

Ray.

Hi Raywebster my first year at whitby and what a fantastic venue went to the after party for a few more beers if i havent had enuf already by that time. i was very surprise to see the amount of people went to the metz bar. who was the dj on the stage bearing in mind it was on cd and only one player so he didnt do bad i thought to keep the crowd entertained for a few hours. kind regards dave
Guest Raywebster

Hi Raywebster my first year at whitby and what a fantastic venue went to the after party for a few more beers if i havent had enuf already by that time. i was very surprise to see the amount of people went to the metz bar. who was the dj on the stage bearing in mind it was on cd and only one player so he didnt do bad i thought to keep the crowd entertained for a few hours. kind regards dave

Hi,

i think the guy on the Stage was one of Whitby's jocks Snowy. I went up to the Mets bar at 2300 and kicked it off with 3 CD's out of my van, when almost 200 turned up after the Pavilion closed the landlord swapped from the front bar through to the ballroom. Thats when Snowy took my CD's off and played his own, and to be honest it picked up after that as he knew what was on his discs and mine wern't marked up. It was a brilliant night and a good way to finish the evening. It was just as good a couple of years ago when the Pavilion closed at 1700 and those of us staying overnight went up to the Mets as the disco was in aid of the Whitby Lifeboat appeal, i'm sure that was run by Snowy and Ginger back then,

Ray.

Edited by Raywebster
Guest LittleJazzyDavid

hi raywebster. yes i am one of snowys djs. i also went to my car and got my cds and played as you no earlier.hope i didnt upset you by taking your music out as i didnt no who they belong too.i actually thought they belong to the metz bar. we will have to have a chat and a drink of cause as i am going to blackpool tower ballroom in november. just look for soul on a stick and i wont be far away as i look after him when we away due to him not being very good on his stick now adaysthumbup.gif