Darlington Dolphin Centre Cancelled

Just want to tell everyone that we have had to cancel the allniter , with a very heavy heart , we have had such lack of interest and just found out there are extra costs , we are really gutted , we we're hoping this event was gonna be fantastic , so many people have reserved tickets and not paid for them and we have stressed on numerous occasions that we cannot take money on the door , with only 4 weeks to go we have decided its just not going to work. ALL ticket money will be back with you by 31st july. Any questions please feel free to pm me , we have decided that because this do was for charity , that we will make our own donation to them , thanks so much to our friends and people we hadnt even met for all your enthusiasum and support xxxxx

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A real shame guys but please don't feel bad about it.

It is hard work putting any event on, and a thousand times harder when you need to raise the money upfront.

Hope to see you both soon.

x

Thanks Joan , that means alot :smile: xxx AND a huge thankyou to all the dj's who were taking time out to help us , it would have been an honour to have you all up in the north east xxx

Guest pauldicko

sad.gif

SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS DI - WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

PUT OUR TICKET MONEY TOWARDS THE CHARITY AND WILL SEE YOU AT THE CRESCENT ON THE 11TH.

PAUL AND SONIA DICKO

Edited by pauldicko

sad.gif

SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS DI - WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

PUT OUR TICKET MONEY TOWARDS THE CHARITY AND WILL SEE YOU AT THE CRESCENT ON THE 11TH.

PAUL AND SONIA DICKO

Hi honey , thats really good of you thankyou very much , i was that gutted i even cried laugh.gif i'm a soft arse , see ya sat love lots xxxxx

Just want to tell everyone that we have had to cancel the allniter , with a very heavy heart , we have had such lack of interest and just found out there are extra costs , we are really gutted , we we're hoping this event was gonna be fantastic , so many people have reserved tickets and not paid for them and we have stressed on numerous occasions that we cannot take money on the door , with only 4 weeks to go we have decided its just not going to work. ALL ticket money will be back with you by 31st july. Any questions please feel free to pm me , we have decided that because this do was for charity , that we will make our own donation to them , thanks so much to our friends and people we hadnt even met for all your enthusiasum and support xxxxx

Hi Di

Am gutted myself but more so for you and H .

Was really lookin forward to this ,being from Darlo and knowing how magnificent a place the Dolphin centre venue is and how perfect it is for such an event...really sad indeed.

Just shows ,you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink!

Chin up ,you did your darndest and know one could ask for more

Nev & Jo:sad:

Just seen this and felt I had to add a few words to ease what you're going through.

I know how much work you and Harry have put into this and I'm sure it would have been brilliant if it had gone ahead.

It's not easy putting anything on these days as you're not sure how well it will be received, especially a charity event.

YKSoul know only too well as a result of last year's 2nd All dayer but you were there for us with your support and if you need it now just let us know, if only for a chat.

I'll see you both at the Crescent but in the meantime don't beat yourselves up about it as it takes a lot of courage to cancel an event as well. You've done the right thing under the circumstances and now you've had experience of it, you'll be in a better position next time the opportunity arises to make the right choices.

See you soon.

Steve B

YKSoul

Hi Di,

As you already know both Linda and myself where "Mega" looking forward to this All-Nighter, even more so, with it being for Cancer Research and in the Memory of "Chris". We both know that you and Harry are really gutted about having to cancel it. But like Steve Bradley say's; Don't beat yourself up over it. One door close's another door open's.

I also think that it's very humble of yourseves to make a donation and the likes of Dicko and Sonia telling you to keep there ticket money and put it towards your donation. Could I make a suggestion????? ............ Why don't we have a bucket collection or even a silent raffle on Saturday Night at The Crescent......... Chris did Guest DJ there back in January.

If you are thinking of planning another in the future, please don't hesitate to ring Linda or Myself............. Always willing to help a lovely couple with "Big Hearts".

KTF..................... Bridgey & Linda