The Kingfisher - Steve Calloway

Guest Tosca

Guest Tosca

What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the company of Steve Calloway - fantastic singer and great man !! A change to the usual venue for Kath and Steve at the Kingfisher - the floor not too good for dancing - but they still did a good job in putting this great show on. Music and D.J's great as usual - its a real pity not too many people there - where were they !!

I think its back to the usual venue next time at Wilson Hall - so come on all you soul fans out there - give them some support !!!

Jan & Steve

• Replies 6
  • Views 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can't believe I missed this, I was trying to get a babysitter and I actually got one, I did one final check before setting out and it was only then I found it that it wasn't an alldayer after all, just 2 til 8. The time was 5 to 8. I wanted to bring that Detroit acetate for Chalky and Steve to listen to see if they could identify the artist.

After being a bag of nerves for the full week, building up to the show, everything went like clockwork. Great music from the DJ's and boy can that Steve Callaway sing!!:thumbup: The day was all about what Northern Soul should be - great music, record dealers, the badge & CD man (Keith), and wonderful company from all who attended. This is a chance to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who made this day special, I've had phone calls already today from people saying how much they enjoyed it. Most commendable were the people who had travelled from outside the district by train and bus, just to get to see Steve Callaway.

Our biggest thanks go out to all the DJ's of the day (Blue Max, Oscar Michael, Kenny Lee, Glynn Preece, Wulfie, Hitsville Chalky and our special guest Steve Callaway). thumbsup.gif

And what can I say about Steve Callaway, one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet and I certainly hope that he will remain a friend for life.

A special mention must go out to Hitsville Chalky and Burnley Dave from Warwick Soul Club, who made Steve Callaways visit to the UK possible.

Will be posting photo's of the event shortly.

Sunday September 6th we will be back at our usual venue at WILSON HALL.

Thanks again:thumbup:

Steve & KAth

Guest Glyn1

Well what can I say Steve you certainly were a bag of nerves...:wink: ... but it all fell into place like clock work..You & kath should be proud what a cracking afternoon it was mate..:thumbup: And as you say Steve well done to Chalky & Burnley Dave for bringing Steve Calloway over to the UK.

But like Jan anybody who didn't come missed a cracking Sunday afternoon..( where were you all)...So come along to the next one on the 6th September at Wilson Hall.

Heres to the next one Steve & Kath...

Cheers

Glyn.shades ....ps Kath your not having my hat...haha

Well what can I say. Firstly many thanks to Max for giving me a lift enabling me to get there, thanks to the very friendly welcome from Steve and Kath and Wulfie who didn't know me from adam lol.

Had a really nice afternoon session with some great tunes played by all the DJ's while waiting for the main attraction Mr Steve Calloway and he didn't disappoint in anyway, what a voice this fella has, and he is so nice with it, he had time for everybody even tho he had to get to manchester for a radio interview that night.

Thinned out a bit after he had gone but those who stayed were treated to some tasty plays till going home time.

So thanks to the promoters, DJ's, Mr Calloway, and not forgetting Chalkie who made it all possible

Regards

Ian

Well what can I say. Firstly many thanks to Max for giving me a lift enabling me to get there, thanks to the very friendly welcome from Steve and Kath and Wulfie who didn't know me from adam lol.

Had a really nice afternoon session with some great tunes played by all the DJ's while waiting for the main attraction Mr Steve Calloway and he didn't disappoint in anyway, what a voice this fella has, and he is so nice with it, he had time for everybody even tho he had to get to manchester for a radio interview that night.

Thinned out a bit after he had gone but those who stayed were treated to some tasty plays till going home time.

So thanks to the promoters, DJ's, Mr Calloway, and not forgetting Chalkie who made it all possible

Regards

Ian

hi ian, only too pleased to sort you a lift out!!

well what a great way to spend a sunday afternoon!!

with just a little bonus thrown in!! thanks chalky!!

mr steve calloway!! a true "professional" in more than

one way!! you would be hard pushed to find a more

likeable guy than "steve" so very outward & yet a real

down to earth guy with one hell of a voice!! he treated us

to 6 cracking songs, all done brilliantly i may say!!

i'm really looking forward to hooking up one of the nights

and having a mega chat with steve who i'm sure will have

some great stories to relay to me!!

thanks to steve & kath for putting the day on!!

if"steve" in appearing at a venue near you do yourselves

a favour and get to see him perform!! you'll love it!!

max..

Well done Steve & Kath shame more people didn't turn out for this cause they missed a treat from a guy with many talents, Singer, Dj, Compare, Comedian etc etc that Mr Calloway is a star and he loves it all don't he and performing in front of a live audience he's in his element.

Nothing was to much for this guy a true gent, we appreciate real soul people putting in the time and effort to talk and mingle with us all he's welcome here in the Midlands anytime.

Hats off to all who put this enjoyable Sunday afternoon together :thumbup:

Gaz Lees