Give it some Welly

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Anybody going to Wellingboro 10th Anniversary tomorrow??

here are the details:

Friday 16th April - 10th Anniversary, The Embankment club, - Roger Banks, Dave Vanner, Hammy and Len Dopson. Great free gift to 1st 200 in. 8.00pm - 1.00am. - £5.00 on door.

It IS a great free gift. One that I think in future other clubs will look to give away. But until after, my lips are sealed.

Janine, are you going?? Paula, my imaginary girlfriend, is going to be there ;-)

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im going wellingborough. only missed 2 in all time its been on (mind you we only live 10 miles away so thats not too impressive is it lol) the thing with lens dos is you can ALWAYS guarantee having a good night. standards have never dropped and he has always stuck to what he believes in. Good ,quality northern and modern. what more can you ask for !!

Social source share

yep wellingborough is a great do and with that line up well your in for a right treat.. yeah intownmikey the gift is a good one cant wait to get my hands on it only seen them will have to wait till tommorow thats a good one lets start up guess the 10th ani free gift...........

Social source share

Guest Kolla

the gift is a good one cant wait to get my hands on it

Bond007 .... how come you know what the gift is?

Despite nagging Nina, she refuses to tell me what it is. Even giving her a chinese burn didn't work! The only clue she'd give is that Lenny has done really well this year ?! So I think he may have made the gifts himself - my guess is Dopson Engineering customised welded record middles :) )

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Kolla, do you think Rob and Sam might go ;-)

Dont think I have ever been and they werent there? It going to seem strange. Still, I bet Kimbo will have another obscure modern tune I just HAVE to listen to, and when it is played he will talk all through it, telling me how great this bit or that bit is. he he.

Tabitha, it would be good to put a face to the name. If you can, come over and say hello.

Mike

Social source share

Warming up for welly by doing the housework to Secret Affair.

Sod soul music, im gonna get Graham Gooch implants and grow a french line.

I promise i wont ask for ska records.

Social source share

Guest Kolla

So I think he may have made the gifts himself - my guess is Dopson Engineering customised welded record middles :) )

I don't beleeeeve it! I swear it was a random guess about the free gifts, Mikey. Spoke to Trickster & Etsu yesterday and they said the engraved record middles that Lenny gave out to punters werer fantastic.

Anyway - did your imaginary girlfriend enjoy Welly. Heard it was tops.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

It was the best I have been to.

Packed crowd. Top tunes. Talc on dancefloor (heh heh). Hammy played some great stuff. Well they all did in fact. I had to leave early and it was so difficily to go. Every time I said, ok just one more record, another great tune was stuck on and it went on and on like that for about an hour.

I was staggered when you posted your guess, and decided not to reply, because I didnt want to give the game away. Great gift indeed.

Paula enjoyed it too, but is still waiting to hear a record she knows. I sent her back to Gloucestershire yesterday armed with two Valatone CDs, a couple of Kent ones, and the First anniversary These old shoes CD. I expect her to be word perfest when I see her again in 2 weeks time. ;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!