Highly Recommended Cheapies... Part 3

It's Monday so time for 'Part 3' of my Highly Recommended Cheapies sales! As with the previous two threads I've highlighted a few quality, cheap 45s. 5 records in the spotlight this week, a good mix of genres so should be something for all tastes!

As always the price includes postage, I do prefer payment by paypal on these but UK cheques are ok as well.

Important to note that the Refosoul soundfiles are not always taken off the 45s I am selling, all these 45s are guaranteed to play as I have graded them. Money back if you're not happy!

Ok, here we go!

Moments - Hurts On Me, Baby - Stang

Des Parker put me onto this 45 some months back and I'm seriously glad he did! It's nothing like you would expect, which is probably the reason most people flick past it when going through a sales box. Take a listen to the sound file as this is pure northern, a fantastic up tempo dancer with that hard edged gritty feel that is currently so popular.

Condition: M-

Price: £15

Quantity Available: 2 1 SOLD OUT!!

Jimmy Hughes - The Loving Physician / You Really Know How To Hurt A Guy - Fame wdj

I've never really decided which side I like best on this 45, both are great examples of the mid 60s Muscle Shoals sound. I'd be happy to hear either side played out at a venue as in terms of quality this is equal to plenty of far higher priced records. At this price, for two great sides you just can't go wrong!

Condition: Mint unplayed

Price: £8

Quantity Available: 5 4

Gi Gi - Little Bit Of Lovin - Segway

In your face, up tempo RnB stormer! If that's your thing then take a couple of minutes out of your day and give this a listen! Sounds even better out loud, pounding backing more than matched by Gi Gi's distinctive vocal.

Condition: Mint unplayed

Quantity Available: 3

Softouch - After You Give Your All (What Else Is There To Give) - Prodigal wdj (same both sides)

I guess the price on this is pushing the boundaries of what most consider a cheapie but I've seen this listed and sell at double the money. Perfect northern style 70s, up tempo dancer that once you get past the intro never lets up. A few people have suggested that the vocalist is actually Lorraine Chandler??

Condition: M-

Price: £35

Quantity Available: 2 1

General Johnson - Can't Nobody Love Me Like You Do / Lies - Arista

Top side is a foot to the floor 70s dancer of sheer quality. Normally you see this 45 in demo format which is the same both sides, big big bonus of the issue is the flip 'Lies' which is a superb, slice of mid tempo magic. The 'Lies' side is worth the price tag on it's own!

Condition: Mint unplayed with demo sticker on label.

Quantity Available: 5 4 3 2 SOLD OUT!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Moments and General Johnson 45s have all been sold, quantities updated on the rest....only 1 Softouch left and can't believe it's not sold at that price!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Found a few more copies of the General Johnson this morning whilst going through some boxes so it's now available again if anybody else would like a copy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!