Inverts -Look Out Love - Tower

Guest Dani Herranz

Guest Dani Herranz

I´ve just had it...sublime record to me but must admit I hadn´t heard it before (it´s made my Monday much better!!!), just out of curiosity someone may inform about it??...story, plays, trivia...etc....I will definitely play it (not played or lesser known in Spain, that a fact!!), many thanks!!

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Always wondered if these are the same as the Broadway lot, though vocally not sure? (forget "Time..." overrated IMO, "Lonely.. ." is just immense tho)

Different line up maybe or completely barking up the wrong tree?

Mark

Sorry folks lost the plot!! Lonely lover on flip of both, is the same group. Spaz. Memory like a sieve.

Social source share

Bought this from John Doe years back for a fiver, always liked it but the vocals are a bit weak IMO, very much like Out of sights - My Womans Love, they sound just slighhtly out of key to my ears....

good record though.

Mal.C.

Social source share

Dani,

Played it at Hitsville last year. (Keep up Mate!). They also did another on Tower..."I'm Lost" although that one is a little more 'frantic'.

See you in Valencia on 18th.

Theo ther one - Im Lost is credited to Sherry & Inverts and your right about Frantic- Too fast to dance to today but back in the 70s would have been fine.

I think ther other side is not bad either - but cannot remember the name of it

Social source share

a great record thats never had its day, although the price has been gradually creeping up in recent years... used to get the odd spin upstairs at stafford

Forgot about this one, remember getting it as a £1/£2 cheapie off manship in the early 80s. Not many had heard of it back then.

Social source share

Guest Dani Herranz

Dani,

Played it at Hitsville last year. (Keep up Mate!). They also did another on Tower..."I'm Lost" although that one is a little more 'frantic'.

I missed it then, great tune!...as for July the 18th...are you arriving on the day Dave??? we´ll have a Spanish tapas dinner to get ready for the night, all the Valencia usual suspects plus some crew from Barcelona, in Abraham´s bar...(the waiter with a massive "f*** you" tattoed in his arms....nothing you forget easilybiggrin.gif) ...contact before and tell us how many you are, we count on you...from the bar it is just a 8 euros taxi to the venue

Social source share

Bought this from John Doe years back for a fiver, always liked it but the vocals are a bit weak IMO, very much like Out of sights - My Womans Love, they sound just slighhtly out of key to my ears....

good record though.

Mal.C.

:huh: .can't hear the similarity Mal.Wouldn't say the vocals are weak on either track.Jus' mhothumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Dani,

Hi Dave (& Dani),

Sherry & The Inverts on Tower is a Jimmy Wisner arrangement..

DF

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!