soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

brilliant record

reminds me of young days, early kent compilation sound and a biggie at our college discos!

but not $400 rare!

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

brilliant record

reminds me of young days, early kent compilation sound and a biggie at our college discos!

but not $400 rare!

link

What would you sell it for, then?

Social source share

link

If that a open question £50 wouldnt expect anymore,just cause some idiot payed $400 or so for it!,i think we dictate whats in or out not E-bay,so the next one on E-bays the one to watch!!,sorry Northwest if its not what you want hear?,and i woudnt pay more than £30 anyway... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

If that a open question £50 wouldnt expect anymore,just cause some idiot payed $400 or so for it!,i think we dictate whats in or out not E-bay,so the next one on E-bays the one to watch!!,sorry Northwest if its not what you want hear?,and i woudnt pay more than 30 anyway... :thumbsup:

link

Well I can't remember the last time I saw one on Ebay. The last one listed by anyone on this site was two years ago by Joe Dunlop at £150. Perhaps I'm mistaken, Kenneth Aitchison, but I'm guessing that if you had a copy of this 45 and you were selling it, you'd hold out for more than £30.

Social source share

Well I can't remember the last time I saw one on Ebay.  The last one listed by anyone on this site was two years ago by Joe Dunlop at £150.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, Kenneth Aitchison, but I'm guessing that if you had a copy of this 45 and you were selling it, you'd hold out for more than £30.

link

Yep!!your probberly right there!,at £150 i would be scared of losing the sale,have not got the luxurey of E-bay account,if you know what i mean?,anyway isnt there a album i`m sure,i might have it... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

Oops, didn't mean to start an arguement. I have a "rarer" issue and I paid 60 of the UK squidleys for it about 5 years ago. I'd rate it at about 100 now. Just out of interest, have you had a sniff at 400? If so, then mines for sale. Minter too. :thumbsup:

Regfards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

link

No, of course not -- that's par for the course on this site. Nobody bites unless you sell for half of what they go for on Ebay, seems like. No offense but you're a cheap lot. :lol:

Social source share

No, of course not -- that's par for the course on this site.  Nobody bites unless you sell for half of what they go for on Ebay, seems like.  No offense but you're a cheap lot.  :yes:

link

Cheap,cheek of it!,from an American too!!,were just more realistic..... :thumbsup: after all we invented rare soul didnt you know?..

:lol:

Social source share

link

i'd say it's a $200 record but, as most people on here agree, any record is only worth what someone's going to pay.

as to what i'd TRY to get for it, well that depends - how quick i wanted to sell it, how badly i needed the dough, what i paid for it and whether i reckoned i could get more stock in (of that or others) which were cheap and i could turn over quick.

if i wanted a quick sale, i needed the dough and it cost me 50c, i'd reckon $200 was good business.

if i had paid a lot more and didn't need to sell i would hold out for more.

if you get $400 for it you've done well but don't blame you in the least for trying.

Social source share

No, of course not -- that's par for the course on this site.  Nobody bites unless you sell for half of what they go for on Ebay, seems like.  No offense but you're a cheap lot.  :thumbsup:

link

piss off and sell it on ebay then

Social source share

$400 is a bit steep maybe, but I know I have not seen this on issue around much at all in the last few years, and in comparison with other stuff it is not extreme, expensive yes, extreme no. What do you think Manship would get on his auction? Quite possibly a bit more than the £220 that equals $400 don't you think? I wonder if anyone would have commented if it had been listed at £250 with a comment like "bloody rare on an issue, impress your mates" by a regular UK dealer? I really don't think anyone would have commented or given it a second thought even. I too dislike some of the obviously clueless only-in-it-for-the-money american jokers that have appeared in recent years, but there is not much difference really to some UK sellers, money is their only reason for doing it, always was and always will be. What I like about some americans is that they are easier to figure out, they want money and that's it, and they don't discriminate either, one man's money is as good as the next one's, none of that in-crowd bullshit.

Social source share

$400 is a bit steep maybe, but I know I have not seen this on issue around much at all in the last few years, and in comparison with other stuff it is not extreme, expensive yes, extreme no. What do you think Manship would get on his auction? Quite possibly a bit more than the £220 that equals $400 don't you think? I wonder if anyone would have commented if it had been listed at £250 with a comment  like "bloody rare on an issue, impress your mates" by a regular UK dealer? I really don't think anyone would have commented or given it a second thought even. I too dislike some of the obviously clueless only-in-it-for-the-money american jokers that have appeared in recent years, but there is not much difference really to some UK sellers, money is their only reason for doing it, always was and always will be. What I like about some americans is that they are easier to figure out, they want money and that's it, and they don't discriminate either, one man's money is as good as the next one's, none of that in-crowd bullshit.

link

Easy to see why they`re never gonna`be part of no in-crowd ever,greedy fukcs :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

Sold a demo 2 wks ago for 200 quid if that throws any lite on the subject  :thumbsup: .

link

Thanks -- I feel just a bit vindicated! :wicked:

I think if Manship sold this record, it would go for more than $400. I mean if people on ebay are stupid, what does that make Manship customers?

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

Thats a question we've all been asking since he started running his auctions!

link

Does anyone know anyone who has bought from Manship auctions? Or would nobody ever to admit to it?

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

Me, I won a record from him for below current price....

Turned up in tip top condition and next day delivery.

link

Wow, what was the record?

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

Annabelle Fox - Lonely Girl - Satin WD

link

Well done! Doesn't seem to happen too often that anyone gets a deal through a Manship auction.

While we're on this subject, I want to add that I don't think people who buy on ebay are stupid at all. I would say 90% of the time (or more!) the prices people pay for soul records through ebay are significantly less than what you see them for on any dealer's list. Not just Manship but anybody. I have sold a lot of records through ebay and once in a while I get a really inflated price, but most of the time it's far less than UK dealers. In fact, I have sold a number of records to UK dealers and have then seen the same records pop up on their lists for waaaay more than they paid for them. I'm just sayin'.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Thanks -- I feel just a bit vindicated!  :thumbsup:

I think if Manship sold this record, it would go for more than $400.  I mean if people on ebay are stupid, what does that make Manship customers?

link

Sold Andy Dyson a vg/vg+ issue, £75 a couple of months ago.

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Does anyone know anyone who has bought from Manship auctions?  Or would nobody ever to admit to it?

link

Jesse Johnson Old Town demo about 2 years ago 500 quid - seems about right but would probably get more these days. Only other sortie was Danny Monday about 6 months ago, pulled out when it went past 550. Ended up at 725 I think.

I wonder how many of his auction sales are on behalf of others?

CHeers

Pete Down Under :thumbsup:

Social source share

i'd say it's a $200 record but, as most people on here agree, any record is only worth what someone's going to pay.

as to what i'd TRY to get for it, well that depends - how quick i wanted to sell it, how badly i needed the dough, what i paid for it and whether i reckoned i could get more stock in (of that or others) which were cheap and i could turn over quick.

if i wanted a quick sale, i needed the dough and it cost me 50c, i'd reckon $200 was good business.

if i had paid a lot more and didn't need to sell i would hold out for more.

if you get $400 for it you've done well but don't blame you in the least for trying.

link

Not everyone, personally think it's worth £150 and more than likely £200+ on JM auction.

Social source share

Thanks -- I feel just a bit vindicated!  :thumbsup:

I think if Manship sold this record, it would go for more than $400.  I mean if people on ebay are stupid, what does that make Manship customers?

link

sold my issue for 120 a year ago demos then were 80-100

Social source share

i can remember in the mid 70s i advertised one of these for sale it was so rare and in demand then everyone wanted this,like gold,it was advertised in the free small ads in echoes anyway back then it was more of a reply in writing thing as opposed to phoning,the night when that mag came out id got home from work heard all these car doors slamming looked out of the window and the street was full of cars and people trying to find the house to buy this :lol:even reading now people only rating this as 30/50 quid surprises me :thumbsup:

Edited by ric-tic
Social source share

Does anyone know anyone who has bought from Manship auctions? Or would nobody ever to admit to it?

Yep..I also buy from Manships auctions as he seems to be the only guy who constantly turns up the rarer things I want.You never see Brady or Brownie with the same calibre of rare 45,s for sale.

Just bought Bobby Rich on Sambea for over 2K from Manship

and I did not mind paying that at all.

Try and find another for sale from a dealer who gives you constantly the same quality ,service and next day delivery and a good trade in price..

I think he is admittedly pricey on his auctions but hey

Its not him thats bidding on them ..... :thumbsup: or is it??

haha

the gasher

Edited by gash99
Social source share

Not everyone, personally think it's worth £150 and more than likely £200+ on JM auction.

link

what do you mean 'not everyone'?

you're quoting me so i can only assume you disagree that a record is worth only what someone is prepared to pay?

Social source share

you said "as most people on here agree"  and I replied not everyone.  I think it's worth more than $200 these days.

link

er, read the post again.

i didn't say most people agreed it was a $200 record, i said:

i'd say it's a $200 record but, as most people on here agree, any record is only worth what someone's going to pay

i take it you understand the difference?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

er, read the post again.

i didn't say most people agreed it was a $200 record, i said:

i'd say it's a $200 record but, as most people on here agree, any record is only worth what someone's going to pay

i take it you understand the difference?

link

Dan is it the rugby result thats leaving you feeling a little testy? Or the thought of how much the flight to New Zealand cost?? wicked.gif

Social source share

Dan is it the rugby result thats leaving you feeling a little testy? Or the thought of how much the flight to New Zealand cost?? wicked.gif

link

the result i expected mike, the manner of the defeat was unacceptable

need a few boys to front up and start smashing people about a bit

need to see some kiwi blood spilt on saturday

i could play better than our back row

be aggressive, smash the fuckers back, cause them some pain, that's what it's all about

anyway, back on topic, wasn't being testy really just pointing out that he had misunderstood what i was saying

Social source share

link

not sure it's the cost of the flight, have written that off, more having to put up with rich buckley talk endlessly about the welsh contingent

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!