A Million Reasons To Be On Soul Source

A Million reasons to be on Soul Source

Congratulations why?

Mike well done and thank you for providing the very best forum and meeting place for Soulies on the net.

A million posts is a true testimony to how important a solid platform is for us to visit, read and post.

I would like to mark this occasion by having a thread for us to give our reasons for being on here, mine first......

Before joining soul Source I was aware of two or three alternative forums for Northernsoul and indeed I was a member of one of them for quite a long time quite a long time ago. I had visited soul source on a number of occasions but felt it was a little "stiff" and that the train spotter had firmly taken root stifling the fun and scaring the mere mortals from posting, well that was my honest perception so I was a little reluctant to join at first.

I knew some of the main posters and respected their opinions (Pete Smith) and to be perfectly honest I was a little nervous to post having been warned that it was a humorless clinical environment with the emphasis firmly on the anorak.

I took a deep breath and dove in hoping I wouldn't have to fight of too many nerds.

I must say that for the last few years of being a member of this forum I have had a mega time. The depth of experience and knowledge is mind-blowing and the sheer passion and love for our music is staggering. The moderation here is sensible and responsible without too many teddy bears being thrown or dummies being spat out.

I have been made to feel welcome and part of this forum and long may it reign, thank you Mike, The Moderating Team and all involved but most of all the soul Source Members.

Why are you here?

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just to echo Simons comments thanks to Mike and the team .In a world populated mainly by Divvies Soul Source is a place of sanctuary , brings back memories and the depth of knowledge is staggering . Soul Source has enabled me to get in touch with old freinds and hopefully new ones

Social source share

Just to echo Simons comments thanks to Mike and the team .In a world populated mainly by Divvies Soul Source is a place of sanctuary , brings back memories and the depth of knowledge is staggering .

...not to mention the stories! I pm'd a member about a record I had with his name in the runout and was gobsmacked with the story that came back! Maybe with his permission I'll post it in the open as it will touch a chord with a few people.

Why am I here? I'm addicted to NS, warts and all, and the more I learn, the more I realise that after 40 years I know two thirds of bu**er all!thumbsup.gif

Hippo.

Social source share

ame='Pete S' date='08 July 2009 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1247042671' post='1110536']

And sellin a few records is just a serendipitous happenstance Pete? laugh.gif

I sell hardly anything on here, never have - they all go out to my mailing list first then on here the following day. Neh-neh.

Social source share

I sell hardly anything on here, never have - they all go out to my mailing list first then on here the following day. Neh-neh.

Did you know what serendpito....., serneditp......., senre......., that friggin word meant Pete ?laugh.gif

Social source share

To see who's comin out on Saturday night and where we're goin

To find out who's playin what tunes where, and have a listen

To have a good old gossip with the soul girls

Keep in touch with friends old and new

To 'peoplewatch' the debates online, which I find fascinating/horrifying/hysterical by turn

And most of all to have several proper belly laughs every day at the banter

*I also provide Soul Source's official matchmaking service, maintain the SS male crumpet rankings and Ding Dong! ratings, and offer professional HR advice, for which I get paid in tunes

Social source share

:yes: You cheeky monkey!! l like it cos it makes me laugh,gets me intrigued,makes me think....and gives answers to an enquiring mind!!

Thanks a million to everyone concerned!! :shades:

That is the first time I have seen the term " cheeky monkey " levelled at Mr Rounce :lol:

Welcome back Phil : SS has missed you ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Awesome sight-content of the radar -massive knowledge-fall outs -dramas-mid life crisis,bruised egos,all adds to a tremendous melting pot of great information!!

well done Mike

BAZ A

most of all ,,,,,we wanna be to-gevver

Edited by gfarrington
Social source share

Crossover Friday - Good job Baz ! thumbsup.gif

Been meaning to ask you Polyvelts is there season why your using my flyer for a avatar ?,it's ok just wandering thats all............made it myself yes.gif

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

To get more knowledge of Northern soul and to find out any information i need cause that is what you are all for. your like wikipedia if ever some can be asked to answer

hopefully also to meet new people and lucky i have and while i am at it here is a list of my playlist from when i DJed at limetree pub other week

Alex Brown - Love Really Hurts Without You

Jackson 5 - Just a Little Misunderstanding

Homer Banks - 60 Minutes of Your Love

Otis Clay - Messing With Your Mind

Christine Cooper - SOS

Frankie Valli - The Proud One

James Brown - Money Won't Change You

Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You Baby

Sam and Dave - You Don't Know What You Mean To Me

Sam Cooke - Sugar Dumpling

Jimmy James - Help Yourself

Third Degree - Mercy

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You

Tommy Hunt - Loving On The Losing Side

Isley Brothers - Stop In The Name of Love

Jackie Wilson - Open The Door To Your Heart

Michael Jackson - That's What Love Is Made Of

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Been meaning to ask you Polyvelts is there season why your using my flyer for a avatar ?,it's ok just wandering thats all............made it myself yes.gif

Yes and that reason is because it is genius and the best flyer ever !

Social source share

Hi and congratulations to Mike on the millionth posting

here is a scan of an article i did for the Brid weekender magazine about Soul-Source and Mike.

I have about 30 copies of the mag here 28 pages FULL COLOUR glossy, £2.50 each inc post and rest of money after costs into the Bluebell Wood Charity bucket !

about a dozen of last years as well same price £2.50 in P&P

A good an entertaining read with lively articles from Malc Burton, John Vincent and Naughty Boy

PM me to order-Pay pal welcome but add charges

Rob

post-1887-12471349015132_thumb.jpg

post-1887-12471349274741_thumb.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!